Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VC SL/E View Post
    That's a real pity
    I personally didn't want that car, but it is an important car, being a championship winner
    I was shocked & upset they cancelled the Gardner Coke car.
    Even more shocked at this one
    i was after both. I can't see CC lasting much longer actually.

Comment

• Would be great if Biante or Apex could obtain their VP mould or get their own very soon as I feel with their superior marketing and customer interaction they could have gotten the 1994 winner made without such a fuss.

Comment

• Agreed Pug, CC are nothing but a joke these days. Far fary cry from the great company they were 10+ years ago

Comment

• CC or Southern Model Supplies is actually a lot bigger than you realise. They are the importers of the following:

•AIRCORE radio control aeroplanes
          •AIRFIX plastic construction kits
          •AQUACRAFT radio control boats
          •AARMA radio control cars/trucks
          •BBURAGO diecast replicas
          •CORGI diecast collectables
          •DROMIDA radio control cars/trucks
          •FLYZONE radio control aeroplanes
          •HORNBY model trains
          •HUMBROL hobby paints
          •LIMA model trains
          •MINICRAFT plastic construction kits
          •PECO model railway accessories
          •POCHER model kits
          •REVELL plastic construction kits
          •REVELL MONOGRAM plastic construction kits
          •REVELL radio control helicopters
          •REVELLUTIONS radio control cars
          •SCALEXTRIC model slot cars
          •TRAXXAS radio control cars/trucks

CC is not their main focus. I can't see CC giving up their old stuff. Just because they announced something, they did not get the numbers to make the model economically viable, and therefore they cancelled is not an indication they are going belly up. Remember Autoart and Minichamps do it all the time, and the one who do it a lot is Lionel Diecast who make the Nascar 1/24 stuff. Alwayas announcing and then a couple of months later cancelling.

If you read Julian and Will's thread about Biante announcements, you will see them state when asked about possible models, that they investigated it but can't get the numbers and therefore won't be doing it. They just appear to do their research first.

Just an afterthought, have you seen the new announcements for V8 Supercars that are being done for Scalextric?

Comment

• I'm mainly talking about them not lasting much longer doing V8 supercars and race cars that are not Brock. They seem to be doing more road cars.

Comment

• I might add the FC Holden is fantastic.

Comment

• Don't think you will see CC doing V8s once Red Bull change car shapes. Not worth tolling for only 1 team. Will be glad to see red bull done by another camp

Comment

• Originally posted by robert1973 View Post
                  A question I have with the recently released HRT cars is why is the price is higher for a 1/18 car. Is this a possible error? I find it interesting as all the other current/future release V8 COTF supercars are $155, yet the just released HRT cars are $175? Is this the future pricing for the 2015 release V8 supercars or licencing/sponsorship requirement whereby the cars have to be released at that price??
                  With a 20% decline in the Aussie $ over recent months, it stands to reason that we can expect the cost increase to be passed on.
                  There has also been some chat from Holden/HRT since Fords pull out from Motorsport in Oz. Merch sales covers a massive wack of the HRT's cost to go racing.

As a final FYI, when Lowndes left HRT in 2000, HRT merch sales profit covered the cost to run their race team. Lowndes wanted a % of the merch profit which was not agreed.

Comment

• Thanks SDK. I just found it interesting at the time that it was, and at present still is, only the HRT cars that are the higher pricing...

Comment

• They are finally here.................

Comment

• hooray, hope this one doesn't get broken in the mail.

Comment

• Yay

Comment

• Looks great doesn't it

Comment

• sure does looks so awesome great to finally see a production model, according to Apex's Facebook page they have been dispatched from there warehouse to the stores and will be available next week..... Cant wait to get an email update from my retailer that its in stock and of course to get my hands on the EF, been waiting a looooooooong time for these to come out in 1/18.

Also the 98 EL SBR Bathurst winner 1/18 will out next month in May they said cant wait for that , plus they also posted a reply and hinted that Glenn Seton's 1997 ATCC winning Ford Credit EL is possibly down for release next year in 1/18 and 1/43 so awesome.

Comment

• Thats alot of awesomes all round. I love the EL's

Comment

Working...
                                X