Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is one good looking model.

Comment

• Are you going to get it Ken?? I'm tossing up on it.... Just the prices are really starting to push up now.

Comment

• Its mighty tempting. I probably wont only because i have half a dozen DJR cars coming and the budget it pretty much empty from when i paid for them, plus the Mad Max car is due out soon and its an expensive one.

Comment

• I'm seriously tempted by that. I'd like to see the Komatsu EL's from 1997-98.

Comment

• That is a great looking model. The release date was Dec/Jan, did anyone notice what year?

Comment

• Your funny Azza but you may have a good point there lol...

Got the Gardner Coke car yesterday. Beautiful looking model.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1732.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	651151
                This arrived last week, very happy with it. Apex have done a good job with the green chrome type finish on lettering

Comment

• That was a really nice livery that sadly got very little attention last year.

Didn't help that they were pretty much AWOL for the whole race LOL

Comment

• That looks nice, I was wondering how the green chrome would come out.

Comment

• Bottle O Bathurst car looks great!

Comment

• Not keen on current model release setup....I managed 4 preorders by staggering them. Now however I find release of almost $1000 worth of 1/18s within the space of 8 days, just as my Council Rates, Car Service & Rego all due.....Going to have to cut back severely and pick & choose as unlikely to order & pay for what I was originally planning before they sell out. (DJRP models). Suppose that It would be OK If just flinging it onto the credit card, but that's a mugs game these days so reverted to cash.....and a smaller collection of diecasts........

Comment

• Originally posted by BILLFORD1 View Post
                          Not keen on current model release setup....I managed 4 preorders by staggering them. Now however I find release of almost $1000 worth of 1/18s within the space of 8 days, just as my Council Rates, Car Service & Rego all due.....Going to have to cut back severely and pick & choose as unlikely to order & pay for what I was originally planning before they sell out. (DJRP models). Suppose that It would be OK If just flinging it onto the credit card, but that's a mugs game these days so reverted to cash.....and a smaller collection of diecasts........
                          Totally 100% agree.

DO Biante, Classic Carlectables & Apex use the same container from China ?? IT just seems strange that they all have releases So close to one another.

Comment

• I doubt they different companies would use the same containers, BUT I guess that was part of my point. Been collecting for around 20 years & unfortunately the diecast cars seems to be going the way of Stamps, Banknotes, Coins etc where we can go for ages with no news of much then there's a sudden flood. I found Apex Issued the Mostert Sandown car & Frosty 10th Anniversary Bottle-O on the same day as Biante had the Mcleod Ford XB out. That totaled $604 which I managed but then a week later we have another $780 of 1/18s In one day. We all are aware that things are getting tighter for the model companies, but then same applies to the consumers, we collectors. So just making the point that, having spoken to a few others on the subject, It seems like poor management to a degree. There Is probably understandably no coordination between the 3 producers, compounded by there being zero Indication of release lead times for the end consumers, so when a barrow load get released on one day, things will tighten up. I may be forced to try & fill gaps later through 'Fleabay' If need be & can understand a few more collectors throwing their hands In the air & proclaiming "I'm done" !! Just my thoughts on the subject.........

Comment

• Julian, when are you officially going to release the car that wasn't meant to be released. You know what I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Element View Post
                                Julian, when are you officially going to release the car that wasn't meant to be released. You know what I mean.
                                Hmm I'm not sure what you mean sorry! Could you refresh my memory?

Comment

Working...
                                X