No announcement yet.

New Releases!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those were the only differences I saw, too. Other than that...wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
      I don't know how Authentic have DJR cars ready to go since they only just announced they secured them? Clearly William had things ready to go at the drop of a hat. Saying that, there are enough 2016 Penske cars already and I haven't bothered getting them all. I sure aren't getting more that have worse colour schemes.
      The plain body is a good idea though. Surprised Biante didn't do one with their mould.
      No that they've decided to do a plain body, I'd love to see a first and last falcon twin set made.

Comment

• Here we are Pug is a photo that is there facebook under one of the announcements of Authentics DJRTP 2016 cars, me too I agree with you all the speed how they have got to this point is so fast. But it does say that they are only the first shot decorated samples so maybe the April/May release date is only an apporoximate or they have told by DJRTP that they want the models produced quickly as we saw with the 2017 cars announced early in the year and only just out by xmas is my theory.

I will be pre ordering one of the 2016 Bathurst cars the #17 Pye/D'Alberto as it was the highest placed Ford and maybe a plain body FGX, be interesting to see and compare the quality to a Biante FGX.

You never know Pug DJRTP might just run a retro livery in this year the Sandown 500 retro round so might not be a lean year for you in terms of DJRTP diecasts, thats what happens when they even though its a great livery from 2017 DJR dont change it in terms of the Shell liverys the Diecast models will be lean unless its a Bathurst or Championship winner. I cant see Authentic doing a 2018 DJRTP FGX as its the same livery as 2017 and Biante already have released the single release 2017 cars plus the twin set and the 2 Bathurst cars coming out soonish in the 2nd qtr so they wouldnt flood the market I dont think.

Thats why I love and collect the PRA/Tickford Racing cars even though there liverys can be hit and miss sometimes they are always changing them each year plus the retro round so lots of Diecasts each year unless its like the #6 Monster Energy that doesnt change

Click image for larger version  Name:	28870536_413900189039865_8745623696312187103_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	652214

Last edited by biante2326; 09-03-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for that shot I missed it. OK to me the grill is different and sits in further, the car definitely sits lower at the front. The side window frames are different somehow (maybe thinner and look more rounded on the top) and the headlight fitting is different around the indicator. The front wheel arch does not look as rounded either.

Definitely a different mold but has been worked on for a fair bit of time to be at this stage. It's only a prototype of course but I would be surprised if they can match or beat the quality of the Biante models this early in their operation. Apex had their issues at first and to me have still yet to get to the Biante level (too much waterslides for my liking, this car looks to be the same)

The popularity of the 2017 cars means this year's cars will be made for sure, I forgot about the possibility of a decent retro livery this year and of course IF they win Bathurst or the Championship I would have to get them.

Comment

• I love how it sits. Its a DJRTP explosion at the moment.

Comment

• Apex Replicas are doing the 1989 Bathurst Winner in 1:18. Due at the end of the year. DJ and JB are both signing the certificate too.

It will have much more accurate wheels than the Biante release as the Apex ones are fantastic and a more accurate interior but the Apex Sierra roll cage looks a little cheap and toy like to me.

I am guessing it will also use watersides so picking the superior model will be tough. The Biante version has been my all time-favourite-never-sell-model so wonder if this car could change that (unlikely)

Interesting to see Apex are joining CC by getting into the remake business.....
              Last edited by Pug205; 05-04-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• A bit sad really, because in my mind they stop being exclusive collectables and begin to degenerate into expensive toys.

Comment

• Aren't Apex models closed resin?

Comment

• No only their road cars and maybe the 1:43 cars are resin from memory.

Their V8's have been sealed diecast since 2013 and the Sierra and EF and EL Falcons are opening diecast.

Comment

• I won't be selling my 89 Sierra as it was a present from my brother and my first 1:18 model but I will be interested to see the quality of new one.
                      Considering the old one is at least 15 years old I would be disappointed if the new one isn't better purely from a progress point of view.
                      I am not happy about them making a model that is already done, not because of it affecting values (I will never sell mine) but mainly because I would rather they spent the time and energy building something that hasn't been done yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                        No only their road cars and maybe the 1:43 cars are resin from memory.

Their V8's have been sealed diecast since 2013 and the Sierra and EF and EL Falcons are opening diecast.
                        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
                          I won't be selling my 89 Sierra as it was a present from my brother and my first 1:18 model but I will be interested to see the quality of new one.
                          Considering the old one is at least 15 years old I would be disappointed if the new one isn't better purely from a progress point of view.
                          I am not happy about them making a model that is already done, not because of it affecting values (I will never sell mine) but mainly because I would rather they spent the time and energy building something that hasn't been done yet.
                          Me too Ken, I will be very interested to see the Apex 89 Bathurst winner if it is improved over the Biante version and the quality. I wont be ordering this one as I have the Biante one so no need but I agree totally on your point Ken, Im also not happy that they have choosen to remake the 89 Bathurst winner when there so many other cars they can make before they do this remake.

Im have been waiting so impatiently for the Bowe EF '95 and Seton EL '97 ATCC winners in 1/18 and Apex do this remake of the 89 Bathurst winner, its so frustrating as there EF and EL program so so far behind and always delays to it. for example the Seton/Parsons EF 1996 Bathurst Pole winner was announced more than 2 years ago and was supposed be out before Christmas along with recently announced Jones/Grice Pack Leader EF but still to this point not released. Everytime I ask them on the update, there is always a delay or a issue and they keep on giving a new date which the last one was this month which I'm not holding my breath on that, I like what Pug said a while ago have lost faith in there EF and EL program and just wish that someone else would also make the EF and ELs as well.

Comment

• Good to see a new Bathurst 12hr winner's on the way. Just need this years winner now..

Comment

• Authentics have released a good range of cars. Glad they are doing them in 1/64. Hopefully we will see Will Davisons 400th race livery. Really like that one.

Comment

• Iím particularly excited about the MSR and 23Red cars. Nice to see more than the top two teams in 1/64.

Comment

Working...
                                X