Code 3 Creations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 3 Creations

I am looking for someone who maybe able to do an code 3 for me as I have not got the skills

basically I would like to turn this

into this

Well just adding the dayglo, not worried about the road course wings.

there is a guy in the states called Chapparel who does these conversions but he is expensive - v. v. good tho; wanting to see a conversion of that car myself actually in fact would love one lol!

Comment

Tumbo, was he the guy who did that Indy car for you ?

Comment

that he was absolutely beautiful machine - more than happy to pass on his details to anyone else. He does top class work

Comment

why not post a pic mate....

Comment

ok then Brad if u insist

2002 Dario Franchitti Surfers race as it finished - wet weather tyres and a Paul Tracy front nosecone.....LOVE this livery so was more than happy to pay what I did ($450USD ouch!) Gary completely reworked this car as Action were releasing cars stated to be lolas but which in actual fact were the old reynard shells - hrs of work in this one along w/ the decals and paint job. Top class work

Comment

that is a thing of beauity Tumbo

Comment

Gee thats really nice Tumbo! / AWESOME!!!
                Hope placements going well for you. Any more ideas for your own code 3?

Comment

What scale is that Tumbo? Could not see it mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                    What scale is that Tumbo? Could not see it mentioned.
                    Tumbo can correct me, but I seem to recall him telling me it was 1/18 when he got it...

Comment

Definately a 1:18. Very cool. If the same guy does the Briscoe car from Surfers then i would be prepared to put up the money for one.

Comment

yep 1:18 absolutely beautiful and takes pride of place in the collection

Chapparell has done the new road-course IRL machines and they are just as spectacular so i'm sure he will be doing a number of the Briscoe machine - will eventually have to get one myself to finish off the CCWS/IRL collection (have my Franchitti, Moore, Vasser superman, Power Surfers Pole - 07 so a first Australian winner at Surfers to go w/ the first Australian Pole sitter would go well)

Placement is going well Matt - learning heaps, not 'doing' much but that's to be expected just sitting back and osmosing information lol! Have managed to narrrow my plans down to 1 of 3 ideas just deciding which one I will eventually go w/

Comment

Looks great Tumbo

Comment

I notice on another forum that you already have Gary's details - he is fantastic, he may not respond right away as he is quite busy and his work can take sometime (I waited a few mths between my order and the car finally being done) but it is completely worth it be prepared to be blown away the pictures don't do his work justice I feel. I'm thinking this Briscoe car might end up rather popular

http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/

for those who don't have his details they are available on his website

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbo View Post
                              I notice on another forum that you already have Gary's details - he is fantastic, he may not respond right away as he is quite busy and his work can take sometime (I waited a few mths between my order and the car finally being done) but it is completely worth it be prepared to be blown away the pictures don't do his work justice I feel. I'm thinking this Briscoe car might end up rather popular

http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/

for those who don't have his details they are available on his website

Yeah I found his details on motorsport.com, as thats where I saw some of his work a couple of years ago, he has replied already which was quick, says it would be a very cool conversion. Bit costly but, a nice looking car and special as Briscoe was the first (and last?) Aussie to win here.

Comment

Working...
                              X