Code 3 Creations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Minno.

I do have enough decals to do at least one, maybe two more. It was just going to be a one off but I might as well use the decals while I have them.

Comment

• Awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by perkins11 View Post
        Hey Minno.

I do have enough decals to do at least one, maybe two more. It was just going to be a one off but I might as well use the decals while I have them.
        PM me matey, we can sort out details there.

Comment

• Me too. I would love one they look awesome....

Comment

• A couple of 1:64's I have been working on the last month:

The 2011 DJR Falcon and Monster Falcon are for me and the 2017 Tander, Holdsworth, and Slade cars are for my son.

Have stripped and redone the 33 and 18 again since this photo as the paintwork was not durable enough for him.

All decals are Pattos and all are waterslides except the Tander and Slade car which are the peel and stick stickers. Both work great but like the waterslides for the ability to make smaller adjustments as you apply them, they also have a slightly thinner and more form fitting finish.

Working on the gold #18 sister car for the 2011 DJR now then having a break!

Comment

• Pug205, those 1:64s have come up great! I've just started doing the Holdsworth/Preston Hire car myself, but in 1:43.

Comment

• They look fantastic pug. We'll done. I have been thinking of doing some myself lately, how difficult would you say the process is to learn and master? I'm looking at starting with 64s as well and maybe a few 43rds when money allows. Do you base paint them or just decal straight on to the bare metal?

Comment

• They are Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by HRT13 View Post
                    They look fantastic pug. We'll done. I have been thinking of doing some myself lately, how difficult would you say the process is to learn and master? I'm looking at starting with 64s as well and maybe a few 43rds when money allows. Do you base paint them or just decal straight on to the bare metal?
                    Thanks guys,

They are not too hard to make, it just depends how much detail you want to put in them really.

The decals for the last 5 seasons or so usual come as a layout of the car with the livery underneath it so can be put on as a whole bonnet, roof, sides, etc. They will cover pretty much the whole car but not all of it so it will need the base colour at the very least. I cut up the front and rear ones and put the decals on individually as putting a whole decal sheet over them would look awful. It is a bit tedious but worth it

I strip the cars down to bare metal with acetone and then spray with Tamiya metal primer (otherwise the paint goes on well but will flake with any knock as I discovered with 33 and 18) then spray with Tamiya sprays.

I hand paint the lights, grills, wings and air intakes with acrylics. I also paint the bumpers, and splitters with the livery when possible by hand or spray as they are curved surfaces and it will also look better than any decal can (the blue on the rear of Tanders car for example)

The decals are really well made, easy to apply and are a perfect size match for the most part of the Biante and CC 1:64 models. You can also get them with the base colours removed to better match your painted car. For example the Slade car has the silver and red printed on the sheet but I had the white removed as that was my base colour and not needed.

i would start with a simpler livery and try it out and work up from there.

Comment

• Do you pull the cars apart? Is it easy to do.

Comment

• Yeah the new Biante ones are screwed together which is great. You need a little drill bit to get the one piece window out but that is easy. The wings are metal and part of the mold so need to pull them out like the pre 2013 cars.

The cockpit is a separate piece that sits on the chassis. It can be popped apart, seat, dash, and roll cage removed for painting and then glued back together like new. If the car has a dark interior like PRA or Holdsworth's car it is not worth touching. Other cars like DJRTP and GRM have a white interior and it really makes the car pop when painted up.

Comment

• Awesome! That's great info and advice. What would be a "simpler" livery to start with? Something like Slade's 2016 car? Base red and a few decals on top?

Comment

• The 2016 Slade car is a good one. I prefer it to the 2017 car and actually wanted to make it for the same reason but my Son wanted the 2017 car!

Comment

• Pug, you know Pattos will delete the base colour if you ask him. Then you just cut the individual decals out and can adjust them all to sit in the correct spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by malscar View Post
                                Pug, you know Pattos will delete the base colour if you ask him. Then you just cut the individual decals out and can adjust them all to sit in the correct spots.
                                Yes he says that in the last paragraph of post 4269

Comment

Working...
                                X