Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Others

    Thought I would start a new thread to post pictures of Hot Wheels, Matchbox and other makes to generate some diversity, knowledge and interest in other brands of diecast models, particularly the "toy" brands.
    First up is a Hot Wheels Rodger Dodger from 1977

    Hot Wheels Stagefright from 1978

    Hot Wheels 31 Doozie from 1981

    Lets see some more.

  • #2
    These are my Hot Wheels:

    These are some of my gas and radio controled cars:

    These are some of my tinplate:

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lachlan View Post
        Hey lachlan, Did you repaint these 2 dattos mate, They look great and did you pull them apart to do them

        cheers wazza

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
          Hey lachlan, Did you repaint these 2 dattos mate, They look great and did you pull them apart to do them

          cheers wazza
          Yep, found some more at Woolworths. I pulled them apart and sandblasted the paint off, quick paint job and back together. I'm going to do some more also...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lachlan View Post
            Yep, found some more at Woolworths. I pulled them apart and sandblasted the paint off, quick paint job and back together. I'm going to do some more also...
            lachlan can you show us how you did it if thats ok say step by step with some pic's mate

            cheers wazza

            Comment


            • #7
              I think between Pitcrew, 09WNS, Wazza and few others this thread will be pretty busy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
                lachlan can you show us how you did it if thats ok say step by step with some pic's mate

                cheers wazza
                Not much to tell mate, Drill the rivet on the bottom and the whole car comes apart. Strip the paint off and then re paint. Not much to it really.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good thread, I'm sure there's lots of members out there that have old models in boxes stashed away, I've got boxes of matchbox 1-75's, tomica, matchbox yesteryear & hot wheels that i could get out, some I've had for 25 years.......now to find them!
                  Cheers,
                  Mike

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by biante27062 View Post
                    Good thread, I'm sure there's lots of members out there that have old models in boxes stashed away, I've got boxes of matchbox 1-75's, tomica, matchbox yesteryear & hot wheels that i could get out, some I've had for 25 years.......now to find them!
                    Cheers,
                    Mike
                    Find them and post them up. There was some very interesting models made from these manufacturers.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Being a young fella, I got trillions of these things. Mum and dad bought me my first one, a hotwheels porsche for my 4th birthday and I got nearly 1 a week after that. Mum and dad also have some (I'm guessing) rare matchbox cars from when they were young too.
                      Anyway, heres a very small portion of my favourite ones that didn't get ruined (I used to have races with them). As you can see, I don't display them but I bought some cases to hold them all without getting damaged.


                      Cheers,
                      Thomas

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Triple treat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Geee pitcrew them Datto's look good mate

                          wazza

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Matchbox Hot Rocker

                            Matchbox Red Rider

                            Matchbox Draguar

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Now you've done it!









                              I've always strongly preferred (even as a kid) 'models' rather than toys. So I rarely bought the hot-rods and stuff. As these photos will show.

                              Moxo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X