Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Others

Thought I would start a new thread to post pictures of Hot Wheels, Matchbox and other makes to generate some diversity, knowledge and interest in other brands of diecast models, particularly the "toy" brands.
    First up is a Hot Wheels Rodger Dodger from 1977

Hot Wheels Stagefright from 1978

Hot Wheels 31 Doozie from 1981

Lets see some more.

These are my Hot Wheels:

These are some of my gas and radio controled cars:

These are some of my tinplate:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lachlan View Post
        Hey lachlan, Did you repaint these 2 dattos mate, They look great and did you pull them apart to do them

cheers wazza

Comment

Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
          Hey lachlan, Did you repaint these 2 dattos mate, They look great and did you pull them apart to do them

cheers wazza
          Yep, found some more at Woolworths. I pulled them apart and sandblasted the paint off, quick paint job and back together. I'm going to do some more also...

Comment

Originally posted by lachlan View Post
            Yep, found some more at Woolworths. I pulled them apart and sandblasted the paint off, quick paint job and back together. I'm going to do some more also...
            lachlan can you show us how you did it if thats ok say step by step with some pic's mate

cheers wazza

Comment

I think between Pitcrew, 09WNS, Wazza and few others this thread will be pretty busy.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
                lachlan can you show us how you did it if thats ok say step by step with some pic's mate

cheers wazza
                Not much to tell mate, Drill the rivet on the bottom and the whole car comes apart. Strip the paint off and then re paint. Not much to it really.

Comment

Good thread, I'm sure there's lots of members out there that have old models in boxes stashed away, I've got boxes of matchbox 1-75's, tomica, matchbox yesteryear & hot wheels that i could get out, some I've had for 25 years.......now to find them!
                  Cheers,
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by biante27062 View Post
                    Good thread, I'm sure there's lots of members out there that have old models in boxes stashed away, I've got boxes of matchbox 1-75's, tomica, matchbox yesteryear & hot wheels that i could get out, some I've had for 25 years.......now to find them!
                    Cheers,
                    Mike
                    Find them and post them up. There was some very interesting models made from these manufacturers.

Comment

Being a young fella, I got trillions of these things. Mum and dad bought me my first one, a hotwheels porsche for my 4th birthday and I got nearly 1 a week after that. Mum and dad also have some (I'm guessing) rare matchbox cars from when they were young too.
                      Anyway, heres a very small portion of my favourite ones that didn't get ruined (I used to have races with them). As you can see, I don't display them but I bought some cases to hold them all without getting damaged.

Cheers,
                      Thomas

Comment

Triple treat.

Comment

Geee pitcrew them Datto's look good mate

wazza

Comment

Matchbox Hot Rocker

Matchbox Red Rider

Matchbox Draguar

Comment

Now you've done it!

I've always strongly preferred (even as a kid) 'models' rather than toys. So I rarely bought the hot-rods and stuff. As these photos will show.

Moxo

Comment

Working...
                              X