Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minh427 View Post
    I use wheels from other Hotwheels/Matchbox cars. Wheels I use on majority of my customs is from the more expensive Hotwheels that comes with rubber tyres.

With axles, I try to find wheels/axles that are the same as the original, so you dont have to make your own. I've never properly tried to make my own axles but people use copper rods that are found in model railway shops. You tap one end with a hammer so that the end becomes flat. You then thread the two wheels in, then you put in the chassis to measure where you need to cut of the rod, then finally you tap the other end of the rod flat and that your new axle.

With reattaching I use expoxy resin. But you can make your own thread and use screws if you want to swap wheels later on.
    Thanks Minh, much appreciated.

I will probably go down the epoxy resin path.

Are there places on EBAY where you can buy rubber tyres from? Have you considered that?

1/43 and I went to the Brisbane Swap meet and he reckons you can buy tyres.

Some time ago, it appeared that HW actually released a set of real rider tyres for customisation but they've been nowhere to be seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
      So Minh while your on a roll, I see some can remove the car from the card do a code 3 and put it back in the card like it was new. How is that done?
      If Minh cant answer that, 1/43 can.

He gave me a bottle of some stuff, you apply on the cardboard at the back and it comes off. If you dont put enough on, and you force it, it will tear! So its hit and miss. If you put too much on, it will strip the tampos off. I've found the older the cars, the harder it is to take off. Newer stuff pops off real easy.

I believe you use some clear glue to reattach and stick it back. On EBAY you see people customise cars (eg new tyres/paint) and seal them back to MIB.

Comment

• The Goof off I showed earlier will remove it. Just squirt on the back of the card around the side and bottom and leave it for a few mins and it will come off without force. Dont remove the plastic completely, leave the top edge attached to the cardboard as it will make gluing it back to the card easier. You can use PVA or model glue.

Comment

• Do it properly and it looks like it was never opened.

Comment

• Sweet Thanks guys. May give it a go.

Comment

Do it properly and it looks like it was never opened.

Now that's something I appreciate, a code3 HW that looks like it came directly from the factory like that! Brilliant!

Comment

• Originally posted by MGH66 View Post
                Thanks minh427, got the XB haven't seen the Honda or Corolla though.
                Haven't seen the Honda before but seen heaps of the Corolla's. Never bought any though.

But I just managed to find an orange XB so I bought 1. And I also found the new red WRX sedan so I bought one of them as well. Haven't ever seen either of these. There was quiet a few of the red WRX's left.

Comment

• Originally posted by superfly View Post
                  ut I just managed to find an orange XB so I bought 1. And I also found the new red WRX sedan so I bought one of them as well. Haven't ever seen either of these. There was quiet a few of the red WRX's left.
                  Keep an eye out for the Silver WRX.

Comment

• Question; is the VW Beetle convertable with the white wheels a $TH or TH or just regular issue ? Picked it up today with the STi TH the 2000GT in blck and the Datto ute.

Comment

• Originally posted by david5 View Post
                      Question; is the VW Beetle convertable with the white wheels a $TH or TH or just regular issue ? Picked it up today with the STi TH the 2000GT in blck and the Datto ute.
                      Beetle is not a TH David.

Comment

Beetle is not a TH David.
                        Bugga, thanks minh.

Comment

• I picked up 3 orange ford XBs, 2 white beetles, 1 bump car, 2 angry birds the green pigs, 2 VW Kool Kombis in red, 1 street noz bike and 1 blastous bike

Comment

• Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
                            I picked up 3 orange ford XBs, 2 white beetles, 1 bump car, 2 angry birds the green pigs, 2 VW Kool Kombis in red, 1 street noz bike and 1 blastous bike
                            Guys,

What is the t Hunt in this latest lot of new cars?

Hot

Comment

• Super is the Red Camaro special edition
                              Normal is one of those stupid animal dinsoaur thing cars

Comment

• Originally posted by lachlan View Post
                                Keep an eye out for the Silver WRX.
                                Yeah I've been looking out for it. None seen so far. The kids have the other ones so I'm hoping to add one of these to their collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X