No announcement yet.

Photos Of Car Collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've (finally) gotten my Ikea Detolfs upgraded and my Aussie-themed models unboxed. It also helps me see gaps which need filling...

Comment

• Very nice! I'm assuming the gap in photo #2 is for the Apex Longhurst Bathurst winning Sierra?

Comment

• Originally posted by Numark83 View Post
        Very nice! I'm assuming the gap in photo #2 is for the Apex Longhurst Bathurst winning Sierra?
        Yes, I don't know if they all are this way but mine has a triangular bolt in the base? So I haven't removed it yet. Though I'm trying to decide if I should get the Dick Johnson 1989 ATCC winner and update a few decals or hold out hope that someone will make a model at some point, which would also go in that gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post
          That is amazing! Did you make the display cases yourself?
          I wish I was that talented by sadly no I had them custom made for me

Comment

• Just finished up my display cases for my 1996- 2001 Classic Carlectables:
            Last edited by blueduece58; 31-08-2017, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Hmmm... I have over 200 1.43 race cars out of their boxes on display. Been thinking lately that I should re-box them, and do something like blueduce's arrangement for conveniences sake.

Comment

• Hi. Well after 20 odd years of collecting and in more recent times culling........ I have finally managed to get some cabinets to display the bulk of my collection. They are the base white Ikea Billy cabinet with glass shelves. Around $225 per cabinet all up with the extra glass shelving. Its also essential to use the brackets supplied and attach them to the wall, otherwise the cabinet will topple over.

The only real pitfall I have noticed with them is that they are about 10-15mm too narrow, depthwise. You can happy place 5-6 older age cars on each shelf but if a collector of V8 supercars you will comfortably get only 4 cars per shelf as they are longer and wider.

My collection is now pretty much complete with only 1 or two future purchases likely.

Its a nice feeling to be able to finally display my collection, rather than having them sitting in boxes and slowly losing interest in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert1973 View Post
                  Hi. Well after 20 odd years of collecting and in more recent times culling........ I have finally managed to get some cabinets to display the bulk of my collection. They are the base white Ikea Billy cabinet with glass shelves. Around $225 per cabinet all up with the extra glass shelving. Its also essential to use the brackets supplied and attach them to the wall, otherwise the cabinet will topple over.

The only real pitfall I have noticed with them is that they are about 10-15mm too narrow, depthwise. You can happy place 5-6 older age cars on each shelf but if a collector of V8 supercars you will comfortably get only 4 cars per shelf as they are longer and wider.

My collection is now pretty much complete with only 1 or two future purchases likely.

Its a nice feeling to be able to finally display my collection, rather than having them sitting in boxes and slowly losing interest in them.
                  That is a very nice display. Definitely the way to go if you collect 1:18 cars....

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveK51 View Post
                    I've (finally) gotten my Ikea Detolfs upgraded and my Aussie-themed models unboxed. It also helps me see gaps which need filling...

Steve---Fantastic display and great collection. Well done sir....

Comment

Working...
                    X