No announcement yet.

Car Museums.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyoji Takayama's tin toy museum / collection in Kyoto Japan. Heard about this one while visiting Kyoto. A bit tricky to find as its in a secure apartment building. I had to buzz his apartment and he sent the lift down for me. He speaks very little English but makes up for it with enthusiasm. The collection takes up one full room. Its mainly cars but has other toys like robots as well. There's a special section on Astro Boy. He's published 3 books which he was happy to sign for me.

Comment

• Toyota Museum of Technology and Innovation in Nagoya Japan. The museum is the history of Toyota from textiles to cars. The car part is really good. I was there mid week and there were more staff than customers. I pretty much got a private tour. Some staff can speak English and they have guide books to help as well. I spent the whole day there.

Comment

• did the old school blue GT celica come to aus ? dont think i ever saw one.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
          did the old school blue GT celica come to aus ? dont think i ever saw one.
          We got that body shape but don't think we got the GT.

Comment

• I remember the shape, my cousin had one when I was younger. Cool little car.

Comment

• Thanks for posting, Dragferret. I actually have one of those tin cars in the second photo.

Comment

• The Lost in the 50's Museum outside Newcastle is closing later this year and everything is being auctioned off. some really nice cars in that collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by spolyhronidis View Post
                  The Lost in the 50's Museum outside Newcastle is closing later this year and everything is being auctioned off. some really nice cars in that collection.
                  been there and was worth the visit.

Comment

• the Gosford Classic Car Museum has closed and all the cars are being auctioned off next month. they had an ongoing dispute with the ATO relating to the dealership.

Comment

Working...
                    X