No announcement yet.

Car Museums.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some photos from the Mercedes Benz museum in Stuttgart, Germany. Photos taken in mid October.

The museum on a cold overcast Autumn day...

The worlds first four wheel automobile, 1886 Daimler motorised carriage...

1955 Mercedes Benz 300 SLR 'Uhlenhaut Coupe'...

1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe, the famous "Gullwing" Mercedes...

Comment

Porsche Museum. Old and New approx 20 times combined. Still remember when Porshe HQ was baby pink.
      Paint left over from the 917/20 i gather.

Mercedes Museum. Old and New approx 4 times combined.

Mercedes classic car storage in Fellbach. 1 time.

Sinsheim Auto and Technik museum. 2 times

Fremantle Motor Museum. 3 times.

Fox Collection / Museum in Melbourne. 1 time

Would love to go to Jay Leno's garage for an ale and a drooling look

Comment

A few photos of the Silver Arrow racing cars...

#722, 1955 Mercedes Benz 300 SLR racing car, Stirling Moss and Denis Jenkinson Mille Miglia Winner (1955);
        #2 1954 Mercedes Benz W 196 Grand Prix car (I don't know who's car);
        #4, 1952 Mercedes Benz 300 SL racing sports car, Karl Kling and Hans Klenk, winner 1952 Carrera Panamericana in Mexico.

#18 1955 Mercedes Benz W 196 R 2.5 litre streamlined racing car, Juan Manuel Fangio, victory in 1955 Italian Grand Prix;
        #722 1955 Mercedes Benz 300 SLR racing car, Stirling Moss and Denis Jenkinson, 1995 Mille Miglia Winner.

1938 Mercedes Benz W 154 3-litre Grand Prix car (I don't know who's car it is)...

Last edited by KiwiRallyFan; 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

There are a few scattered around Aust - one in Maffra (Vic) and they change their theme every 3 months, another at the Top of Arthurs Seat (Vic) on Purves Rd not to forget the Fox Collection at Docklands (Vic). One in Launceston as we go there every Monday after the V8's in Tassie and not forgetting the one in Barrosa Valley at Birdwood (I think).

Here is a link that I found for more around the country http://www.carscene.com.au/tipstricks/museums.htm

Comment

There are a few scattered around Aust - one in Maffra (Vic) and they change their theme every 3 months, another at the Top of Arthurs Seat (Vic) on Purves Rd not to forget the Fox Collection at Docklands (Vic). One in Launceston as we go there every Monday after the V8's in Tassie and not forgetting the one in Barrosa Valley at Birdwood (I think).

Here is a link that I found for more around the country http://www.carscene.com.au/tipstricks/museums.htm

Comment

The Museum at Como Gardens, The Basin, in Victoria has an drivable 1896 Benz Velo amongst other rarities.

Only open twice a year though.

http://www.comogardens.com.au/vintage_cars.html
              Last edited by chavez; 06-11-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chavez View Post
                The Museum at Como Gardens, The Basin, in Victoria has an drivable 1896 Benz Velo amongst other rarities.

Only open twice a year though.

http://www.comogardens.com.au/vintage_cars.html
                Lived less than 5 minutes from that place for most of my life and never knew they had a car museum!

Will have to check it out at the next open day in April (missed the last one by two weeks)

Another one was the Hughes Brothers Holden Museum that started life in Bayswater, but I believe most of the cars are now displayed in the National Holden Museum in Echuca...some pristine Holdens in that collection!
                Last edited by Leigh; 06-11-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiRallyFan View Post
                  Some photos from the Mercedes Benz museum in Stuttgart, Germany. Photos taken in mid October.

1955 Mercedes Benz 300 SLR 'Uhlenhaut Coupe'...

That is an absolutely stunning car.

Comment

Love your shots KRF, please post some more.

Also what camera do you have? They always look so clear and professional.

Comment

Here are some of mine from Donington Park.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X