Car Museums.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks for the pics - great Legacy there but gee they could make a nice display with their history and that is all they do???? Doesn't do justice to a great rally pedigree.

Comment

Totally agree Andrew, after the great Honda Museum I was expecting more. It was opened for STI's 20th anniversary and might just be a rush job. Considering Mazda and Nissan also have museums, it might be only a matter of time before somthing more significant is established.

Comment

And did you visit said Museums? The Red Park Nissan museum is said to be pretty good. If you'd timed your travel a little later (22 Nov) you'd have been able to attend the Toyota Motorsports Festival.

Comment

I got a leaflet about the Toyota festival and wish I was going to still be there. Coming home is depressing! Japan was fantastic and will have to go back again one day for sure.

Was close to the Mazda Museum but did not have time to get there. It shows alot about the cars production with a section on classic cars. The Nissan one would have been good to see but again was not able to find time to get there. Was travelling with a friend and had dragged her to enough things she was not interested as it was so best to be fair

Comment

Thanks to all for the great photos and videos. Much appreciated. Cheers

Comment

Datsun

Not really from a museum but could be the start of one, but when I was dropping off a 240Z at Nissan Head Office on Monday to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the 'Z' car and came across this one in the area where the function was to be held. Not only was this on display but a 1963 Bluebird (restored by Nissan) and an early Patrol (that looked very agricultural).

Comment

I believe the significance of this car is that it is Colin McRae's Legacy from 1993 Rally New Zealand, which was the first WRC win for both Subaru and McRae.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiRallyFan View Post

I believe the significance of this car is that it is Colin McRae's Legacy from 1993 Rally New Zealand, which was the first WRC win for both Subaru and McRae.
                    And the only WRC win for the Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by malscar View Post
                      And the only WRC win for the Legacy.
                      The story goes that SWRT were not allowed to introduce the Impreza until they had achieved a win in the Legacy.

Comment

theres a car museum in binalong which i enjoyed, but its very small and not worth the drive unless youre on the hume and would like a small break from the long drive.

Comment

Originally posted by cdg View Post
                          theres a car museum in binalong which i enjoyed, but its very small and not worth the drive unless youre on the hume and would like a small break from the long drive.
                          Had a quick look in there, must have been 17 years ago, bloke was building an XJ13 replica.

Comment

Austin's built under Licence

Originally posted by MOTIV8 View Post

The early Datsun's were Austin's built under Licence

Comment

Originally posted by cdg View Post

The Museum you speak of is owned by Stuart Saunders (an Opthalmic Surgeon) who lives in the Canberra region.

He has a number of Bugati, Type 35

The Binalong Museum is basically a storage facility for Car's usually awaiting Mechanical work, basic Service up to an engine rebuild.

Stuart still owns the replica XJ13

Comment

thought you guys might want to have a geez at this
                                www.aussiemusclecarmuseum.com.au

Comment

Working...
                                X