Ferrari Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari Collection

Anyone getting these. I got issue 1 and well worth it, the detail is awesome. There are 50 issues but 53 (3 free cars if you subscribe) in the set

http://www.modelsportscars.com.au/

Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
    Anyone getting these. I got issue 1 and well worth it, the detail is awesome. There are 50 issues but 53 (3 free cars if you subscribe) in the set

http://www.modelsportscars.com.au/
    still getting the James Bond collection, so can't afford this one as well. got no room either for them.

Comment

I got the first one today, looks the goods for 8 bucks. Any idea what brand they are?
      Hotwheels, IXO....???

(Why is this "off topic?)

Comment

i got the first one and cant really complain about the quality for $8, even at $20 they will probably be good value

Comment

I got one too, looks like IXO.

Comment

I found out there are around 20 F1 cars in the collection. It was funny cause when I bought it the guy at the newsagent said the next one is $20 expecting me not to buy them, then when I said a 1/43 is around $60 to $70 his jaw dropped.. Just think these are cheaper than a 1/64..

Lachlan I thought I was in the main room when I added it. If the mods wanna move it I guess they will.
            Last edited by fordmad17; 28-04-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lachlan View Post
              I got the first one today, looks the goods for 8 bucks. Any idea what brand they are?
              Hotwheels, IXO....???

(Why is this "off topic?)
              Not Hot Wheels, lachlan (see comparison pic below of new model car with the HW model of the same car); and I note, too, that a lot of my 1:43 Ferrari models are HW/IXO co-branded, so not sure if it's them either. Maybe the mob publishing this fortnightly series have commissioned their own manufacturer ?

As to quality....pretty well on par with HW I reckon (and for a lot less money). There are subtle differences between the two models, but without a detail check against pictures of a 1:1, who is to say which is more accurate. EG, at first look, without reference to a 1:1 pic, the barge boards look a bit better on the HW, but on the other hand the "G E Fabbri" model has better wheels.
              The still pics in the printed material that came with the model, show the F1's in a similarly good light; but I'm less sure about the up-coming road cars - they look a bit "thick in the mould" (if you get what I mean). Will have to wait and see what the next in the Series - the Enzo in black - is like.

Good so far, and really great value ( as noted by the earlier poster, compared to current 1:64 !!).

Comment

Might have to grrab myself a few Certainly wont be getting the full collection though. This is assuming it'll eventually hit NZ.

Comment

Cheers! Thanks for the reports guys, might have to look into getting them.

Comment

Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                    Lachlan I thought I was in the main room when I added it. If the mods wanna move it I guess they will.
                    No worries, I thought it might have been moved for some reason?

Comment

Picked up the first issue. Quite impressive.
                      Even for a $20 model it is really good value.

Comment

I would say that model is probably the same as the IXO La Storia version. Not suprising though, to not find a brand on the bottom of it, as the publisher probably contracted IXO to do it, but did not want the extra cost of also promoting IXO at the same time...plus, Ferrari is very selective in who produces their models, they don't let just anybody do it, so I'm told...which is why IXO's Ferrari's are co-branded with Hot Wheels. I personally think that before the HW Elite's came, it was appalling that Ferrari would allow such crap models be made of their beautiful cars...anyway, off my soapbox for now...

Though I wish we got stuff like this in the States...that is a great deal for some very good looking Ferrari's...$20, compared to the $45+ that I pay for the La Storia cars, when they come with one that I want. I think you mostly are paying for the large tin book-style package that they come in...

Comment

Last year kmart was selling 1:43 ixo Ferraris rebadged as hotwheels. I have both versions of the same car and they're both identical.

Comment

Opel collection

sorry for hijacking this thread, & i don't read German so can't be sure what it says, but just came across this.

http://www.opel-sammlung.de/

Comment

Originally posted by spolyhronidis View Post
                              sorry for hijacking this thread, & i don't read German so can't be sure what it says, but just came across this.

http://www.opel-sammlung.de/
                              Going by the website, the models are only available in Germany, Austria, Luxembourg and Swizterland.

First issue is 5 Euro's (Approx $6) ones following are 12 Euros (Approx $16)

Don't think that includes postage though...
                              Last edited by monarocveightz; 28-04-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X