This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ratster70 View Post
    Well I'm going to be different I want an Engel only car for several different reasons

European driver
    New Manufacturer
    Best livery IMO of the mercs
    I will second this as well John, Its the frist Merc in such a long time so I will be getting this as well and never been made as a race car for the australian market

Comment

• I'm with Rat and Waz on this one . . . the season car would be great to own, especially as I love my teutonic beasts from Germany . . . and Engel's livery is just brilliant.

Happy to buy a Johnson Bathurst version if it wins Bathurst!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
        I'm with Rat and Waz on this one . . . the season car would be great to own, especially as I love my teutonic beasts from Germany . . . and Engel's livery is just brilliant.

Happy to buy a Johnson Bathurst version if it wins Bathurst!
        I'm ever the optimist but what has happened to the other 28 cars to make this eventuality occur?

Comment

• Haven't you heard Ken - this year the race is a one lap sprint with a reverse grid

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
            Haven't you heard Ken - this year the race is a one lap sprint with a reverse grid
            You forgot that if it is raining, the guy on pole is the only one on wets.

Comment

• I had not heard that rule - aghh that one rule now just cheapens the whole race!

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
                Julian, any chance that the Maro Engel Merc will be his Bathurst one with Stevie J as co-driver? I ask because it would make marketing sense to make that version rather than a plain Engel car because, lets be honest, how many Engel cars will you sell? At least with a Stevie J car you will have many DJR fans (like myself) buying them, as well.
                We've only got the season car announced at this stage. Lets see what happens at Bathurst!

Comment

I had not heard that rule - aghh that one rule now just cheapens the whole race!
                  I hadn't heard that rule either. If its a fact then it's an absolute joke!

Maybe of its dry the sport could allow only the pole sitter to have a full tank of fuel . . . geez, that'd jazz it up!

Comment

• everyone else has 1.5 laps? Imagine the stacking in pitlane at the end of lap 1

Comment

I had not heard that rule - aghh that one rule now just cheapens the whole race!
                      It's called the Supercheap Bathurst 1000 for a reason Ah reverse grids, reminds of 2006 and the carnage that ensued.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numark83 View Post
                        It's called the Supercheap Bathurst 1000 for a reason Ah reverse grids, reminds of 2006 and the carnage that ensued.
                        was that where Jack had the drive of the race?

Comment

• Originally posted by <Jonboy> View Post
                          was that where Jack had the drive of the race?
                          If you mean by blindly crashing into Skaife's crippled car on Mountain Straight, then yes . I was thinking about 2006 in general - lots of incidents off the reverse grid starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numark83 View Post
                            If you mean by blindly crashing into Skaife's crippled car on Mountain Straight, then yes .
                            I agree, 2006 was one of the best Bathurst races in the last 10 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                              Ok heard back from AA. They're completely out of stock but likely to do another run in 2014.
                              Hey. Someone said I should contact Steffi at Autoart Europe so I did and she said they had some in stock and to contact you guys to order one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                Hey. Someone said I should contact Steffi at Autoart Europe so I did and she said they had some in stock and to contact you guys to order one.
                                We can only buy directly from the factory in China and they don't have any stock unfortunately. If Autoart Europe has stock then it's theirs to sell to the European market.
                                Have you seen it available anywhere else at a retail level?

Comment

Working...
                                X