Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biante News, Announcements and Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I just step in and answer a few things here.

    Sorry If I sound a bit defensive, but can we please remember a few things, the most important of which is, we are a business. To be classed as a business, instead of a charity, I have to make money. The same goes for our factories, and also our retailers. Unfortunately this means that in some cases we have to put the price up. If we don't make a profit, we go broke, my staff don't pay their mortgages, we don't make any cars etc.

    Contrary to what some people might think, There are only a few people in the business who know the ins and outs of our Licensing agreements, Sponsorship agreements or Manufacturing agreements, and I can promise you that we don't share that information with anyone. So, questioning me about pricing, deliveries, which store gets supplied what car, volumes or anything else because you must know better, isn't something that I view as being very polite.

    Specifically the 1:12th. I'll be very honest. I F'ed up the pricing of the first cars we made. I can let you know of a few companies that made money out of those first 3 cars we did, and Biante wasn't one of them. But, instead of changing our pricing after we had announced them and had taken orders, I decided to honour them. Now, moving forward, we were able to rectify that and subsequently the pricing is slightly different. I can also assure Get_Over_It that the Falcon mould is going to pay for itself quite nicely (otherwise I probably wouldn't have done the deal in the first place!).

    So can I close by saying, I don't mind answering questions, I don't mind getting feedback (particularly from you guys on the forum), but can we remember that we are doing what we can here to try and be everything to everyone. At the end of the day though, we still have to make a profit, I still need to keep Licensors/teams happy and I still have to make some cars instead of others to make sure that we are in a position to keep making all sorts of different cars for many years to come.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by William Hall View Post
      Can I just step in and answer a few things here.

      Sorry If I sound a bit defensive, but can we please remember a few things, the most important of which is, we are a business. To be classed as a business, instead of a charity, I have to make money. The same goes for our factories, and also our retailers. Unfortunately this means that in some cases we have to put the price up. If we don't make a profit, we go broke, my staff don't pay their mortgages, we don't make any cars etc.

      Contrary to what some people might think, There are only a few people in the business who know the ins and outs of our Licensing agreements, Sponsorship agreements or Manufacturing agreements, and I can promise you that we don't share that information with anyone. So, questioning me about pricing, deliveries, which store gets supplied what car, volumes or anything else because you must know better, isn't something that I view as being very polite.

      Specifically the 1:12th. I'll be very honest. I F'ed up the pricing of the first cars we made. I can let you know of a few companies that made money out of those first 3 cars we did, and Biante wasn't one of them. But, instead of changing our pricing after we had announced them and had taken orders, I decided to honour them. Now, moving forward, we were able to rectify that and subsequently the pricing is slightly different. I can also assure Get_Over_It that the Falcon mould is going to pay for itself quite nicely (otherwise I probably wouldn't have done the deal in the first place!).

      So can I close by saying, I don't mind answering questions, I don't mind getting feedback (particularly from you guys on the forum), but can we remember that we are doing what we can here to try and be everything to everyone. At the end of the day though, we still have to make a profit, I still need to keep Licensors/teams happy and I still have to make some cars instead of others to make sure that we are in a position to keep making all sorts of different cars for many years to come.
      Hi William, there should'nt be any need to explain your business decisions. The only thing we really need to understand is that if you don't make any money we don't get any cars. It's that simple.

      Comment


      • William or Julian----Are there any plans to produce any more 1:43 Motor Racing Legends cars? If so any idea on when. Also any 1:43 Supercars due to arrive in the next month?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
          William or Julian----Are there any plans to produce any more 1:43 Motor Racing Legends cars? If so any idea on when. Also any 1:43 Supercars due to arrive in the next month?
          Funny you should mention it... There will be a couple in our next lot of announcements which are about a week or 2 away.

          With the 43rd V8's, next month should see the 2016 DJR's and the 2016 Slade car.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
            Funny you should mention it... There will be a couple in our next lot of announcements which are about a week or 2 away.

            With the 43rd V8's, next month should see the 2016 DJR's and the 2016 Slade car.
            Julian--When you say 2016 DJR cars do you mean all of them or just Clipsal?

            Comment


            • Wait a minute, Biante want to make a profit?!!! I was under the impression they just built model cars for us collectors out of the goodness of their hearts......
              Some people are ridiculous.

              Comment


              • well said William

                Comment


                • What about the 72 Bathurst winner ?
                  Ive been waiting for that for about years now...lol

                  Comment


                  • Hi guys

                    any further updated on Johnson Mustang?

                    Cheers

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                      Julian--When you say 2016 DJR cars do you mean all of them or just Clipsal?
                      At this stage it may just be the twin set.

                      Originally posted by XU-123 View Post
                      What about the 72 Bathurst winner ?
                      Ive been waiting for that for about years now...lol
                      Hmm, need to have a chat with the guys on this one. This has been on and off the radar a few times but I'm sure it'll be here at some point...

                      Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                      Hi guys

                      any further updated on Johnson Mustang?

                      Cheers
                      Nothing at the moment sorry.

                      Comment


                      • Just picked up the last 3 years of biante 1/43 supercars and all i can say is it was worth the wait, apex great aswell, cc was a let down. 67 in total.

                        Comment


                        • Dave is in heaven..... I can see some code 3's coming

                          Comment


                          • Hi Julian,

                            Will the 1:64 2016 Bathurst Winner be released before the 16th? Would like to get it (full price) and some other 1:64's that are on sale at the same time if possible.

                            Cheers

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                              Dave is in heaven..... I can see some code 3's coming
                              Already onto it...ha ha

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                                Hi Julian,

                                Will the 1:64 2016 Bathurst Winner be released before the 16th? Would like to get it (full price) and some other 1:64's that are on sale at the same time if possible.

                                Cheers
                                Might just sneak in! We're hoping to have it up on the website next Friday the 9th

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X