Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Julian, would it be fair to say that this years Bathurst winner will be delayed for some time?

I know that David Reynolds has a personal contract with another diecast manufacturer... It wouldn't be unfair to assume that this has lead to delays with the 2016 Bathurst fastest lap car.

erebus has had a steady contract with Biante in the past and this delay appears to be inordinate - it has rained Merchs recently.

Hopefully Biante are the ones to make them, I shutter at the idea of water slide decals on a matte black, it looks to be a complicated tampo job.. one that no other company can pull off!

Last edited by MP4/22; 10-10-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Can tampo printing be done on a matt finish? I was under the impression it was only possible on gloss and that waterslides was the only option. I recall some discussion about it when Biante made the Dick Johnson 1983 Morning after car.

Comment

• The recent HRT cars and the morning after car I believe are tampo on matte, the Starwars Tander/Luff car in particular being a good example.

Water slide decals will just silver and fall off, the back wing on the 1998 winner has this problem.

CC nor Apex are able to do this, the new 888 Red Bulls cars are gloss!

Comment

• Yeah the new Red Bull cars are a joke in gloss. Their most defining feature this year and CC didn't even attempt to do it.

You might be right about Tampo/matt finishes and I am getting it mixed up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
            Hi, Any update on the David Reynolds 2016 [B18H16K] & 2017 1:18's ?

Thanks
            Reynolds/Baird 2016 car should early next month. It's already in a container.

Regarding all the Bathurst related questions, rest assured we're doing what we can to get the requested models the go ahead. There's a few moving parts in play though so the announcements might be a few weeks away sorry guys.

Comment

• OK, Thanks for the update Julian :::

Finger's Crossed Everybody gets the size diecast they want from the Bathurst diecasts :-)
              Last edited by Get_Over_It; 11-10-2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Julian great to hear!

Comment

• Will we see the Team Penske Pole Position car being made?

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                    Will we see the Team Penske Pole Position car being made?
                    Was there any difference between that & the Season Car ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post

Was there any difference between that & the Season Car ??
                      Well it will have Premat's name as well as Mclaughlin's, as well as the Bathurst 1000 logo on it.

Comment

• It would also have the orange numbers on the windows for being the Championship leader

Comment

• biante already announced that they will be making both bathurst cars and a twin set i think,at the start of the year

Comment

• That was for the 2016 Bathurst cars from memory

Comment

• THANKS Biante :-) I picked up my 1:12 Scott Pye Penske Falcon on Saturday...........VERY Nice.

Do you know yet when you might be receiving B18F16K ? The Retro Livery from 2016.

Just thought I'd add this question >> Do you expect any other 1:12's before Christmas ? ( ie: Lowndes Or The 2017 Penske's ? )
                              Last edited by Get_Over_It; 17-10-2017, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Will or Julian---Will there be any 1:43's coming in before the end of this month. (V8 or Legends)...Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X