Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biante News, Announcements and Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Julian with the VF about to be retired how could someone validate 3 new toolings for one erebus car, 2 of them in Diecast. William would have to be using a tooling that already exists? Can a run of 3000 models pay off the cost of new castings and royalties? Resin maybe? Diecast surely not...

    Comment


    • Interesting. I suppose another player on the market can only help us as buyers. Healthy competition should hopefully keep the quality up and the prices down.

      Comment


      • I Guess the part that confuses ( disappoints ) me is that WE had to hear about William Hall from a post on VinceDiecast ???

        I don't know the hierarchy of control of Biante - ( What part everybody plays - Or Played ) - So, I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

        Has William taken any Biante staff with him ?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
          These announcements should go live early next week (together with the most requested 1:18 model in my 10 years at Biante!).
          Hopefully that 1:18 is a Proper version of the Brock / Moffat '86 Bathurst Mobil VK Commodore. ( The one produced by your CCCompetition forgot it had a front spoiler !!! - The stupidest part was they could produce the Grice Chickadee version right & then produced the John Harvey version right - But not the Brock / Moffat ?? )

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
            I Guess the part that confuses ( disappoints ) me is that WE had to hear about William Hall from a post on VinceDiecast ???
            William leaving Biante is an internal business matter so they don't really have to tell anyone about it. This forum is a place for Biante to discuss with us their customers about their products and they are under no obligation to that really. The only impact on us is that the 2017 Bathurst Winner will not be in a Biante box.

            I always thought the most requested model is the Dick Johnson Mustang but with CC making it, I am not certain it is going to be that one announced next week.
            Last edited by Pug205; 03-11-2017, 05:18 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post

              Hopefully that 1:18 is a Proper version of the Brock / Moffat '86 Bathurst Mobil VK Commodore. ( The one produced by your CCCompetition forgot it had a front spoiler !!! - The stupidest part was they could produce the Grice Chickadee version right & then produced the John Harvey version right - But not the Brock / Moffat ?? )
              You must be smart beans on the cc forum. Same rant over there.

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=

                I don't know the hierarchy of control of Biante -

                Has William taken any Biante staff with him ?[/QUOTE] Maybe he has last Biante model i ordered off the website i waited 2 weeks nothing so sent off an enquiry pointed out that the old Biante sometimes models would turn up in less than 24 hours! They stated that they do things different now and my order had been misplaced somehow. Now in my book when you change things you change them for the better not worse!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MP4/22 View Post
                  Julian with the VF about to be retired how could someone validate 3 new toolings for one erebus car, 2 of them in Diecast. William would have to be using a tooling that already exists? Can a run of 3000 models pay off the cost of new castings and royalties? Resin maybe? Diecast surely not...
                  I can't comment on this sorry. The math seems a little confusing but I don't know the full details.

                  Originally posted by Pug205 View Post

                  William leaving Biante is an internal business matter so they don't really have to tell anyone about it. This forum is a place for Biante to discuss with us their customers about their products and they are under no obligation to that really. The only impact on us is that the 2017 Bathurst Winner will not be in a Biante box.

                  I always thought the most requested model is the Dick Johnson Mustang but with CC making it, I am not certain it is going to be that one announced next week.
                  Close but the Mustang would have probably come in second place. It's a Ford but has 4 doors...

                  Originally posted by sleepy View Post
                  Maybe he has last Biante model i ordered off the website i waited 2 weeks nothing so sent off an enquiry pointed out that the old Biante sometimes models would turn up in less than 24 hours! They stated that they do things different now and my order had been misplaced somehow. Now in my book when you change things you change them for the better not worse!
                  When did this happen Sleepy? PM if you like.
                  The warehouse moving from Perth to Sydney presented us with a lot of challenges and teething issues but I think we're almost back to where we were prior. I've told the warehouse just how critical it is to dispatch the website orders ASAP so there's a different directive in place now.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

                    Close but the Mustang would have probably come in second place. It's a Ford but has 4 doors...
                    Interesting. My only question then is it is a new mold?

                    Comment


                    • An EL ???????????

                      Comment


                      • Now that would be great if that was it!

                        Comment


                        • "Its a Ford but has 4 doors" Is there something in that....... Maybe an XB GT 4 door???

                          My pick
                          Race car = EL
                          Road car = XB GT 4 door....
                          Last edited by fordmad17; 03-11-2017, 03:04 PM.

                          Comment


                          • '98 Bright/Richards Bathurst winner?

                            Comment


                            • It was done by Apex so that is unlikely. I can't see Biante doing a EF or EL race car as the options are limited based on what Apex have made and what they have coming.

                              I think it will be a road going Ford.
                              Last edited by Pug205; 03-11-2017, 04:22 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I would think a EF/EL is very likely. Are Apex doing any more DJR ones since DJR signed with Biante? I reckon their is enough demand for DJR EF/EL's to warrant having moulds made.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X