This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks f6_mark for the link / info ::

As far as Triple 8 & Bathurst > I still don't think either Jamie or Shane would sell as many as Craig even IF they were Bathurst Winners > It will be Very interesting to see how many of the 2017 Bathurst Winner gets made - Lets be honest David Reynolds is just such a Great personality & is just popular.

It's also now happening with DJR Penske - The amount of Cars that Scott McLaughlin could / is selling over Fabian Coulthard.

Certain drivers are just more Popular than other drivers.
    Last edited by Get_Over_It; 02-01-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! Glad to be back
      I wanted to reply to each of you individually but with the wishlists, I'll just give you guys some updates on what I can below the quotes

Originally posted by fatty View Post

Yes it's the HDT Rally Kingswood he drove in the 1973 Mallee Desert Rally.
      Bob Watson won the Victorian Rally Championship in it and Peter Lang also won a rally in it as well

The new AMC has an article on the top 25 muscle cars on dirt and it gets a mention
      Cheers. Once I get the magazine I'll have a look at it.

Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
      Just wanted to say what an amazing job you did on the Torana A9X Street Machine - That is SO Nice >> Thanks.

When Julian is back on here - Can you please confirm which BJR 1:18's ( 1:12 ) are actually going ahead - I'm no fan of Nick Percat > But, There were a couple of Liveries that would be nice to have as diecasts. I am guessing the Biante Livery in 1:12 will go ahead ( I have 1 off those Pre-Ordered ).

Thanks again for getting the DJR Penske 1:18's out in time for Christmas - I'm sure everyone who were able to get 1 ( or 2 !! ) were happy ::

Merry Christmas Everyone - May all your diecast wishes come true
      Thanks. There's a few things we weren't happy with on the A9X but it definitely sits well!

We're going to try get as many of the BJR cars done as possible even with the low order numbers. It'll be expensive for us but we want to honour as many pre-orders as we can. The Percat Biante 1:12 should definitely get made.

We were relieved to get those DJR cars out as well. It was a stressful last few months of 2017 to get them down asap!

----------------------------------------------------

Onto the wishlisting...

- DJR Retro 2016 cars should only be a month or so away.
      - The 1:12 Lowndes should be Q1 as well. No issues with the 1:12 tooling, just had a very busy end to the year.
      - VC HDT seems to be a little cursed but we are pushing the factory hard on this one. Expecting final sample in the next couple of weeks and then it's production time hopefully!
      - VC Group C. No update on this project for a while guys. Still too close to all the CC releases for this.
      - FPV BF GT's are almost in production. Release later in Q1, early Q2.
      - XB GT Blaze Yellow. Still aiming for a late Q2 or Q3 for this.
      - Seton #1 EB. We will probably go with the championship car first. In fact we just got a sample of this but it had the full Peter Jackson livery on it! Have to wait for a new one before an announcement
      - Triple 8 1:18's, 1:43's, 1:64's should be staying with CC's for the next few years so we can't do anything there. 1:12's and maybe one or 2 other things may stay with us though.
      - 2016 Bathurst 12hr Winner is indeed in development at Autoart. Should have a sample to show off soon!
      - VL SV88. Now this is a possibility in a year or 2...
      - Lansvale VN will happen one day but probably not for another year or 2 at least.
      - Brock 85 VK. This one definitely won't happen for a few years yet. Similar to the Group C Commodores, in that it's too close to the CC release.
      - 2018 V8's. Will be able to give you guys some updates on this hopefully well before the season starts. We won't have as many teams as last year but we want to really focus on the 2 or 3 we will have to get the models out quicker.

Comment

• Thanks Julian, always appreciate you giving us an update.

Maybe we could just get two different numbers made #1 & #18
        I'd love to see these

Comment

• Thanks for the updates Julian, interesting to hear you will be making less V8 teams this year. Nice to hear that a Lansvale car is not an outright no at this point. The team was a special one to us so would be great to have a model someday.

A couple of cars I left of my list was the 1984 Bluebird and the early Gibson Skylines of 86 - 90. Has there been any further discussions on them being made?

Comment

• Yeah, Group C Bluebird would be awesome.

Comment

• XB GT Blaze Yellow. Still aiming for a late Q2 or Q3 for this.

Will there be any more announcements of another colour Julian this year or will it just be Yellow Blaze released this year at this stage?

Seton #1 EB We will probably go with the championship car first. In fact we just got a sample of this but it had the full Peter Jackson livery on it! Have to wait for a new one before an announcement

That's awesome to hear thanks Julian, so which round will the Seton #1 EB be based off since he was runner up in the 1994 Championship to Mark Skaife? will you guys do the Oran Park round where Seton won both races and the round win, or from the Winton and Phillip Island events where he was again the race and round winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                Thanks Julian, always appreciate you giving us an update.

Maybe we could just get two different numbers made #1 & #18
                I'd love to see these
                Nice one Socony, I'm sure Apex will make those EF and ELs as Im sure they are on there list to make in 1/18 since they have the EF and EL moulds, probably more on chance with them than Biante as Biante don't the moulds yet and are highly unlikely that they would double up on what Apex would release which Im sure Julian would confirm on this.

Comment

• Cheers. Once I get the magazine I'll have a look at it.

The unfortunate thing with this car is I've only evr seen one picture of it and only in black and white

Comment

• Originally posted by fatty View Post
                    Cheers. Once I get the magazine I'll have a look at it.

The unfortunate thing with this car is I've only evr seen one picture of it and only in black and white
                    I would rather the Torana rally cars.

Comment

• Should "Shops" be allowed to Over-price their new Diecasts ? I just saw these 2 on ebay ::

modelsrus2011 :: 1/18 2017 #17 McLaughlin First Championship race Win with DJR Shell Helix FG-X :: AU $295.00 + $25 Postage !!

aussiemusclemodelcars2765 :: 1:18 Biante DJR FGX Shell Falcon #17 Scott McLaughin 2017 :: AU $275.00 + $25 Postage !!

I personally believe Biante should send these shops a "nice" letter & maybe next time Cut their orders of things that are going to be in high demand & put more available on-line.

There used to be a shop I used to deal with that used to get X amount in, sell some & put some "upstairs" & then when people would come in and ask about a certain model they would say "we may be able to get you one" - saying things like "their hard to get / sold out etc" and suggest it may be dearer than RRP - "we'll call you" - then wait a week & call them and almost double the price - even though they had them sitting "upstairs" !!! OR they would take your order saying it was going to be RRP & the when it turns up, the guy who owns the shop would just say things like "I can't sell it at that price" - "mate, these are hard to find" etc etc. I had this situation just after the Brock #1 XU-1 ( with the Case ) came out - I wasn't as well informed about releases as I am today & I went in, the woman that worked there said "Yes, we can get you one" - then when it came in & I was telephoned - I went in to purchase it & the Guy who owns the shop said basically what I said above & wanted $200 above RRP. Obviously, I don't deal with them since then.

IF Julian doesn't like the fact I have included shop names ( usernames ) Feel free to edit or delete the post.

Comment

• Shouldn't be a problem using the ebay user names. They are right there on the site and you are merely stating what price they have an item listed for. Its not slander or anything.

Comment

• Thats cheap. Wait a few weeks and they will $500. Its called supply and demand.
                          Shops can put whatever price they want on it. RRP (Recommended Retail Price) is exactly that Recommended... Its goes the other way too on Ebay where some models are way under RRP and they are uncutting each other.
                          Also with those two examples you don't know the facts they could have bought them at an inflated price to begin with.
                          Last edited by fordmad17; 04-01-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Just further to the above - Its a Question to Julian :

How far away is the DJR Penske 1:18 Ford Falcon FGX Twinset ( B18F17C ) ? Can you confirm how many are being produced ?

I'm just thinking maybe people who missed out on these as individual releases may be able to get 1 of these twinsets :: It would also be nice to see a pic of the Packaging ::

( this isn't easy to find on your website - I typed in Coulthard > It wasn't listed - I typed in Penske > It wasn't listed - So I tried Johnson & found it !!?? )

Comment

• They are also the Bathurst pole car and 3rd place car to come

Comment

• Hi Julian, when will see some new announcements for 2018 please? hope there are again some Fords in there mainly a #1 PJR EB Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X