This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
    Thanks Julian, always appreciate you giving us an update.

Maybe we could just get two different numbers made #1 & #18
    I'd love to see these
    As biante2326 eluded to, we won't be doubling up on the EF/EL mold, but the Sierra may be an option in the future.

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
    Thanks for the updates Julian, interesting to hear you will be making less V8 teams this year. Nice to hear that a Lansvale car is not an outright no at this point. The team was a special one to us so would be great to have a model someday.

A couple of cars I left of my list was the 1984 Bluebird and the early Gibson Skylines of 86 - 90. Has there been any further discussions on them being made?
    No worries. We looked into the early Skylines for a while through Autoart but we had to place that on hold for various reasons. Bluebird is always a chance at some point in the future.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
    XB GT Blaze Yellow. Still aiming for a late Q2 or Q3 for this.

Will there be any more announcements of another colour Julian this year or will it just be Yellow Blaze released this year at this stage?
    Seton #1 EB We will probably go with the championship car first. In fact we just got a sample of this but it had the full Peter Jackson livery on it! Have to wait for a new one before an announcement

That's awesome to hear thanks Julian, so which round will the Seton #1 EB be based off since he was runner up in the 1994 Championship to Mark Skaife? will you guys do the Oran Park round where Seton won both races and the round win, or from the Winton and Phillip Island events where he was again the race and round winner.
    There will be another XB announced later this year probably.
    Seton EB will be based on the last round at Oran Park. Race 2 without the tape on the brake ducts

Originally posted by fatty View Post
    Cheers. Once I get the magazine I'll have a look at it.

The unfortunate thing with this car is I've only evr seen one picture of it and only in black and white
    That might make it very difficult!

Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
    Should "Shops" be allowed to Over-price their new Diecasts ? I just saw these 2 on ebay ::

modelsrus2011 :: 1/18 2017 #17 McLaughlin First Championship race Win with DJR Shell Helix FG-X :: AU $295.00 + $25 Postage !!

aussiemusclemodelcars2765 :: 1:18 Biante DJR FGX Shell Falcon #17 Scott McLaughin 2017 :: AU $275.00 + $25 Postage !!

I personally believe Biante should send these shops a "nice" letter & maybe next time Cut their orders of things that are going to be in high demand & put more available on-line.

There used to be a shop I used to deal with that used to get X amount in, sell some & put some "upstairs" & then when people would come in and ask about a certain model they would say "we may be able to get you one" - saying things like "their hard to get / sold out etc" and suggest it may be dearer than RRP - "we'll call you" - then wait a week & call them and almost double the price - even though they had them sitting "upstairs" !!! OR they would take your order saying it was going to be RRP & the when it turns up, the guy who owns the shop would just say things like "I can't sell it at that price" - "mate, these are hard to find" etc etc. I had this situation just after the Brock #1 XU-1 ( with the Case ) came out - I wasn't as well informed about releases as I am today & I went in, the woman that worked there said "Yes, we can get you one" - then when it came in & I was telephoned - I went in to purchase it & the Guy who owns the shop said basically what I said above & wanted $200 above RRP. Obviously, I don't deal with them since then.

IF Julian doesn't like the fact I have included shop names ( usernames ) Feel free to edit or delete the post.
    We legally can't do anything in these scenarios but if you see this the best thing you can do is take your money elsewhere and make sure you place your order with a reliable and honest stockist.

Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
    Just further to the above - Its a Question to Julian :

How far away is the DJR Penske 1:18 Ford Falcon FGX Twinset ( B18F17C ) ? Can you confirm how many are being produced ?

I'm just thinking maybe people who missed out on these as individual releases may be able to get 1 of these twinsets :: It would also be nice to see a pic of the Packaging ::

( this isn't easy to find on your website - I typed in Coulthard > It wasn't listed - I typed in Penske > It wasn't listed - So I tried Johnson & found it !!?? )
    They should be arriving either later this month or in Feb. Production will be around 600 and they're all allocated. There will be no spares unfortunately. Again, the late demand for the DJR 2017 cars has really made an impact.
    New pics will be up on the website hopefully this week. Will also look into the search issues thanks.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
    Hi Julian, when will see some new announcements for 2018 please? hope there are again some Fords in there mainly a #1 PJR EB Thanks very much.
    Hopefully tomorrow! Only a smallish one to start with but there will be an EB Ford, just not the Seton #1 yet... That will be in a month or 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

As biante2326 eluded to, we won't be doubling up on the EF/EL mold, but the Sierra may be an option in the future.

No worries. We looked into the early Skylines for a while through Autoart but we had to place that on hold for various reasons. Bluebird is always a chance at some point in the future.

There will be another XB announced later this year probably.
      Seton EB will be based on the last round at Oran Park. Race 2 without the tape on the brake ducts

That might make it very difficult!

We legally can't do anything in these scenarios but if you see this the best thing you can do is take your money elsewhere and make sure you place your order with a reliable and honest stockist.

They should be arriving either later this month or in Feb. Production will be around 600 and they're all allocated. There will be no spares unfortunately. Again, the late demand for the DJR 2017 cars has really made an impact.
      New pics will be up on the website hopefully this week. Will also look into the search issues thanks.

Hopefully tomorrow! Only a smallish one to start with but there will be an EB Ford, just not the Seton #1 yet... That will be in a month or 2

Awesome news thanks Julian for the update on some new announcements, now you have got me thinking which EB Ford is it 1/43 or 1/18? 1994 Sandown 500 winner maybe That's great that the Seton EB #1 will be based off the final round at Oran Park where he was runner up and the race and round winner. and I cant wait to see the announcement. I will wait to see what the next color will be for the XB GT rather than pre ordering the Yellow blaze XB as I have a XA GT RPO83 sedan in Yellow Glow by Classics.

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
        Awesome news thanks Julian for the update on some new announcements, now you have got me thinking which EB Ford is it 1/43 or 1/18? 1994 Sandown 500 winner maybe That's great that the Seton EB #1 will be based off the final round at Oran Park where he was runner up and the race and round winner. and I cant wait to see the announcement. I will wait to see what the next color will be for the XB GT rather than pre ordering the Yellow blaze XB as I have a XA GT RPO83 sedan in Yellow Glow by Classics.
        Well you were spot on! Read below

Comment

• January announcements are here! 3 1:18's to start the year from Ford, Holden, and HSV. Hopefully there's something in there for you guys!
          Click on the link below to go to the news article, or click on the images to go straight to the links for the models profiles.
          Biante November Announcements

BNQ0001: Ford EB Falcon 1994 Sandown Winner 1994 - #17 Dick Johnson / John Bowe

B182603B: HSV VS Clubsport - Silver Mink

B182706G: Holden SS Group A Commodore Development Car - Alpine White

Comment

• [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;n651870]January announcements are here! 3 1:18's to start the year from Ford, Holden, and HSV. Hopefully there's something in there for you guys!
            Click on the link below to go to the news article, or click on the images to go straight to the links for the models profiles.
            Biante November Announcements

BNQ0001: Ford EB Falcon 1994 Sandown Winner 1994 - #17 Dick Johnson / John Bowe

Awesome Julian woohoo I was right had that feeling it might be the 1994 Sandown winner That is only the first decorated sample I take it not the production sample as looks like a few things to correct? Cant wait to add this to the Collection with the 3 peat of Ford Sandown 500 winners from 1993 to 1995 as this is my favorite era of racing in the 90s from 1993 to 1998.
            Last edited by biante2326; 11-01-2018, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Just received the CC Newsletter >>> hmmmmmmmmmmm

NOT happy with the "Photograph of actual model" of the 1978 A9X Torana ?? It has a picture of the actual Racecar behind it >> There is seriously something wrong with the way they have done the flared guards.

They were a fibreglass add-on which should have some sort of definition where they join the steel guards >> The model looks like the flares are molded into the guards.

IT just looks SO wrong > The back guards look like they only have bolt holes in the white part ?? None in the Red part ??

Looks like a cancellation of my Pre-Order is looking likely - especially when they say the diecast is "Rolling down the Assembly Line"

Anyone with the Biante Version can breathe a sigh of relief > Their diecasts are safe & still collectable

Comment

• I see cc are advertising the 64bw as for release next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                  Just received the CC Newsletter >>> hmmmmmmmmmmm

NOT happy with the "Photograph of actual model" of the 1978 A9X Torana ?? It has a picture of the actual Racecar behind it >> There is seriously something wrong with the way they have done the flared guards.

They were a fibreglass add-on which should have some sort of definition where they join the steel guards >> The model looks like the flares are molded into the guards.

IT just looks SO wrong > The back guards look like they only have bolt holes in the white part ?? None in the Red part ??

Looks like a cancellation of my Pre-Order is looking likely - especially when they say the diecast is "Rolling down the Assembly Line"

Anyone with the Biante Version can breathe a sigh of relief > Their diecasts are safe & still collectable
                  That looks totally well you know the word......I'm so glad I have the Biante version

Comment

• just looked at it and .....mmmmmm. maybe like most makers they have fixed before the production started, but its cc so probably not.

Comment

• Just had a look at the cc newsletter and that Torana is a joke. Just when you think cc couldn't sink any lower. So glad I have the biante version.

On on a positive note, supper happy with the vs clubsport announcement. Put my pre order in today. I think this will be pretty popular.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
                        just looked at it and .....mmmmmm. maybe like most makers they have fixed before the production started, but its cc so probably not.
                        They wouldn't put a photo of the actual diecast in the Newsletter IF there was anything to be fixed - I'm sure they think it looks Great :: Brocky would be spinning in his Grave ::

Comment

• Originally posted by viking View Post
                          I see cc are advertising the 64bw as for release next year.
                          I have seen that too in the CC newsletter, they are also going to the 1965 GT 500 BW as well in 1/18. Very happy bout this seeing as its a Seton Bathurst Winner in the from of Bo Seton, will be pre odering these for sure and now will have to chase the 1963 BW from Apex

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                            Awesome Julian woohoo I was right had that feeling it might be the 1994 Sandown winner That is only the first decorated sample I take it not the production sample as looks like a few things to correct? Cant wait to add this to the Collection with the 3 peat of Ford Sandown 500 winners from 1993 to 1995 as this is my favorite era of racing in the 90s from 1993 to 1998.
                            Glad that you're happy with the announcement. And yep, just the first sample. Quite a few corrections to be made!

Originally posted by f6_mark View Post
                            Just had a look at the cc newsletter and that Torana is a joke. Just when you think cc couldn't sink any lower. So glad I have the biante version.

On on a positive note, supper happy with the vs clubsport announcement. Put my pre order in today. I think this will be pretty popular.
                            Been pleasantly surprised with the response with the Clubsport. The Genesis Blue and Panther Mica GTS's weren't that popular when released 10 years ago but seems they've come full circle.

Regarding the A9X, I was a little surprised to see the detail level CC went for. I was expecting a big step up over our old version.
                            A few years ago we were actually thinking about tooling up an ultra high detail A9X. Even went to the point of having a hand sample crafted. We permanently shelved it though when the remake was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by f6_mark View Post
                              Just had a look at the cc newsletter and that Torana is a joke. Just when you think cc couldn't sink any lower. So glad I have the biante version.
                              The text beneath the pics of the Torana model is gold: "Another fantastic Carlectables model!"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                                Regarding the A9X, I was a little surprised to see the detail level CC went for. I was expecting a big step up over our old version.
                                A few years ago we were actually thinking about tooling up an ultra high detail A9X. Even went to the point of having a hand sample crafted. We permanently shelved it though when the remake was announced.
                                Maybe have a re-think >> I think there will be a lot of cancelled pre-orders once people see the "actual Photograph"

Plus >> Why do the '78 A9X first - the '79 A9X is a lot more special in history.

Comment

Working...
                                X