Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biante News, Announcements and Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Julian---How about some love for us 1:43 and 1:64 collectors. There hasn't been any Supercar or Legend series arrivals for some time now. Patiently awaiting,,,,
    Last edited by blueduece58; 14-01-2018, 11:59 PM.

    Comment


    • Just wondering will the 2015 12 Hour GT-R be out soon?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
        Julian---How about some love for us 1:43 and 1:64 collectors. There hasn't been any Supercar or Legend series arrivals for some time now. Patiently awaiting,,,,
        Chinese New Year has thrown a spanner in the works but Mar/April should see some more 43rds.

        Originally posted by James3592 View Post
        Just wondering will the 2015 12 Hour GT-R be out soon?
        Should be later this month or early Feb!

        Comment


        • [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;n651899]

          Glad that you're happy with the announcement. And yep, just the first sample. Quite a few corrections to be made!

          Sure am very happy to see this car made Julian, when roughly will be its ETA of release so I know and can budget for it? It looked like the first sample as one of the corrections is the Dunlop logo on the side lower aero kit is one I picked up.



          Comment


          • Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

            Glad that you're happy with the announcement. And yep, just the first sample. Quite a few corrections to be made!
            Hi Julian,

            Are you able to explain the process behind the samples and why they do start with such mistakes on them? Not the errors of small adjustments and tweaks but rather the obvious mistakes.

            I am guessing the templates/ livery layout is sent over to China as well as a parts list and the factory put together a mock up? This is done in a more handmade manner as opposed to a standard factory line?

            Using the 1994 Sandown winner as an example, I can see how some blue paint or a decal might be missing but how does it end up with silver rims on the wheels?

            Not knocking the work of anyone involved, just always been curious how such errors occur at the early stages.

            Cheers
            Last edited by Pug205; 17-01-2018, 08:14 AM.

            Comment


            • Hi Julian :: Any update on when the shops will be receiving the DJR Penske TwinSet 1:18 & the 2016 Scott Pye Retro 1:18 ?

              Thanks

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=biante2326;n651915]
                Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

                Glad that you're happy with the announcement. And yep, just the first sample. Quite a few corrections to be made!

                Sure am very happy to see this car made Julian, when roughly will be its ETA of release so I know and can budget for it? It looked like the first sample as one of the corrections is the Dunlop logo on the side lower aero kit is one I picked up.
                Should be Q3 at this stage.

                Originally posted by Pug205 View Post

                Hi Julian,

                Are you able to explain the process behind the samples and why they do start with such mistakes on them? Not the errors of small adjustments and tweaks but rather the obvious mistakes.

                I am guessing the templates/ livery layout is sent over to China as well as a parts list and the factory put together a mock up? This is done in a more handmade manner as opposed to a standard factory line?

                Using the 1994 Sandown winner as an example, I can see how some blue paint or a decal might be missing but how does it end up with silver rims on the wheels?

                Not knocking the work of anyone involved, just always been curious how such errors occur at the early stages.

                Cheers
                The faults are normally a simple misinterpretation exacerbated by the translation issue from English to Chinese. Even though there are English speaking/reading staff in the factory these things can happen, and happen more than we would like. In saying that, we do have to understand that they don't "get" cars like we do.

                For the EB for example, we send the factory a decoration file which is a front, rear, sides, top, bottom diagram of all the required artwork that need placing on the model. We then include a bunch of images of the real car for reference. Between these 2 sources, there shouldn't be any obvious mistakes. However, when we get the sample down and the wheels have the silver trim on them for example it can be a hair pulling exercise!

                Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                Hi Julian :: Any update on when the shops will be receiving the DJR Penske TwinSet 1:18 & the 2016 Scott Pye Retro 1:18 ?

                Thanks
                Early Feb for the twinset and late Feb for the retro.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

                  Early Feb for the twinset and late Feb for the retro.
                  OK, Thanks >> Are there any 1:18 releases in January ?

                  Comment


                  • [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;n651921
                    The faults are normally a simple misinterpretation exacerbated by the translation issue from English to Chinese. Even though there are English speaking/reading staff in the factory these things can happen, and happen more than we would like. In saying that, we do have to understand that they don't "get" cars like we do.

                    For the EB for example, we send the factory a decoration file which is a front, rear, sides, top, bottom diagram of all the required artwork that need placing on the model. We then include a bunch of images of the real car for reference. Between these 2 sources, there shouldn't be any obvious mistakes. However, when we get the sample down and the wheels have the silver trim on them for example it can be a hair pulling exercise!
                    .[/QUOTE]

                    Great thanks for that Julian, good to have that mystery solved!

                    Comment


                    • Just found out the answer to the question I had here - Thanks.

                      Last edited by Get_Over_It; 22-01-2018, 01:17 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post

                        OK, Thanks >> Are there any 1:18 releases in January ?
                        Just released the Goss Horn XB and there may be another this week but we'll see when the containers arrive!

                        Originally posted by Pug205 View Post

                        Great thanks for that Julian, good to have that mystery solved!
                        No worries at all. Happy to explain things a little further where I can.

                        Comment


                        • Hi Julian >> There are quite a few 1:12 Supercars from 2017 still to be released > Do you have any eta on them ?

                          I'm just hoping they all don't show up together ::

                          The Shell cars, Mobil 1 HSV Racing Retro, Lowndes 2016, the BJR "Biante"

                          I'd also be keen for an eta on all the 2017 1:18 Supercars >>

                          I'm keen for the B18H17A & B18H17B

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                            Hi Julian >> There are quite a few 1:12 Supercars from 2017 still to be released > Do you have any eta on them ?

                            I'm just hoping they all don't show up together ::

                            The Shell cars, Mobil 1 HSV Racing Retro, Lowndes 2016, the BJR "Biante"

                            I'd also be keen for an eta on all the 2017 1:18 Supercars >>

                            I'm keen for the B18H17A & B18H17B
                            No worries,
                            - 1:12 2017 DJR cars will be within the next 2 weeks. Stock has almost arrived.
                            - 1:12 Lowndes 2016 and SVG 2016 will be late Feb/early Mar
                            - 1:12 BJR Biante and HSV Retro Bathurst should be around mid year.
                            - B18H17A/B will be late Feb
                            - The rest of the 2017 cars that we can make will be scattered through Q2 and Q3.

                            Comment


                            • Nice...Thanks for the info.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

                                No worries,
                                - 1:12 2017 DJR cars will be within the next 2 weeks. Stock has almost arrived.
                                - 1:12 Lowndes 2016 and SVG 2016 will be late Feb/early Mar
                                - 1:12 BJR Biante and HSV Retro Bathurst should be around mid year.
                                - B18H17A/B will be late Feb
                                - The rest of the 2017 cars that we can make will be scattered through Q2 and Q3.
                                just adding to that Julian, what about the 2016 Sandown winner in 1/12? And I assume the GRM 1/18s are in Q2 and Q3 as well?

                                Cheers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X