• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by <Jonboy> View Post
    Hey all, its been awhile.

Really liking this 20th anniversary car, looks good Julian:
    https://shop.biante.com.au/collectio...ar-pre-order-2
    Looks okay , would look great if it were based on a road car fgx xr8

Comment

• Hi Julian Have you noticed in the main photo for your 20th Ann retro cars the rear spoiler is broken on the 1/43 Falcon. Not really a good look. Just letting you know if you didn't already.

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback guys.
        We're aware that some people won't like these and that's completely understandable. These custom retro cars are so subjective that it's impossible to please everyone.
        The Torana logo is a tough one. Do you leave the bonnet blank or replace with 'Commodore' in the same font? Either way it's a bit of no-win situation so it's better to honour the original livery.

Anyway, for your quick reference here's the June Announcements.

1:18 HOLDEN VF COMMODORE SUPERCAR - BIANTE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION
        1972 BATHURST WINNER RETRO LIVERY

1:18 FORD FGX FALCON SUPERCAR - BIANTE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION
        1971 BATHURST WINNER RETRO LIVERY

1:18 HOLDEN HQ MONARO STREET MACHINE - "VIOLETNCE"
        ULTRA VIOLET METALLIC

1:18 HOLDEN HX SANDMAN PANEL VAN
        ROYAL PLUM METALLIC

1:18 HOLDEN LX TORANA A9X HATCHBACK
        ABSINTH YELLOW

1:43 HOLDEN VF COMMODORE SUPERCAR - BIANTE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION
        1972 BATHURST WINNER RETRO LIVERY

1:43 FORD FGX FALCON SUPERCAR - BIANTE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
          Hi Julian Have you noticed in the main photo for your 20th Ann retro cars the rear spoiler is broken on the 1/43 Falcon. Not really a good look. Just letting you know if you didn't already.
          Thanks for that. We were in a bit of rush with the images and the rear wing kept breaking off. The prototypes can be very fragile sometimes! Should be fixed soon.

Comment

• No worries. That was the first thing I saw when I looked at that photo.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;n652681]Thanks for the feedback guys.
              We're aware that some people won't like these and that's completely understandable. These custom retro cars are so subjective that it's impossible to please everyone.
              The Torana logo is a tough one. Do you leave the bonnet blank or replace with 'Commodore' in the same font? Either way it's a bit of no-win situation so it's better to honour the original livery.

Anyway, for your quick reference here's the June Announcements.

1:18 FORD FGX FALCON SUPERCAR - BIANTE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION

Hi Julian, looks great that Moffat FGX Retro livery for Biantes 20th anniversary of when the 71 XY GTHO Bathurst Winner was released, Im asumming that is just the first prototype sample as few things to correct like the car had a sliver window banner and the 351 GT black stripe goes right to by the headlight and the side stripe needs to be bigger and the door handles should be chrome or silver. Will these be corrected before it is released? These as you say are not for everyones tastes but I like it even though it is not a real raced retro livery it is still good to honor Biantes 20th Anniversary of the original release.

Will you be doing any more of the Custom Retro liverys on the FGX at all, would love to see Dick Johnsons Tru Blu 81 Bathurst winner on a FGX similar to what they did for Bathursts 50th great race in 2012 on the FG?

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback. The original 65E XY was released on October 1998,

Some of your corrections are difficult to make a call on as it's hard to decide where the FGX stops and the XY starts. I'd say most of your suggestions will be implemented though.

As far as future versions, we'll see. Some collectors take the custom retro models really personally so it's important to take note of this. We do listen to everyone and certainly don't like upsetting people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                  Thanks for the feedback. The original 65E XY was released on October 1998,

Some of your corrections are difficult to make a call on as it's hard to decide where the FGX stops and the XY starts. I'd say most of your suggestions will be implemented though.

As far as future versions, we'll see. Some collectors take the custom retro models really personally so it's important to take note of this. We do listen to everyone and certainly don't like upsetting people.
                  Thanks Julian for the reply, yes I totally understand that they do as its not raced model of a retro livery its a custom fantasy livery on what the they would look like on todays V8 supercars, me too its not something Im into either as Id love a raced retro livery but the 71 XY 65E Moffat Bathurst winner livery just looks awesome and cool on the FGX.

I do understand especially with the side stripe as the FGX and XY are different shapes and eras of Falcons the challenge would be to match as much as possible, I do like the chrome stripe on the back between the tailights with the Falcon GT looks like the XY with stripe.

here are the photos of the Biante original release in 1998 and the announced FGX Retro Biante special edition, you can see what i mean of the side stripes on the FGX need to be larger and the other things I picked up in the chrome door handles and window banner even the Hardie Ferodo sign should be 500 not 1000.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B18F18Ba_480x480.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	652718

Click image for larger version  Name:	990005029.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	652716

Comment

• Seeing as these retros are in 43rd as well, will the previous VF retros be released in 43 as well at some point?

Comment

• I'm pretty impressed with how the FPV GT & GT-P look from the pictures. I was wondering if Biante will consider making the 40th anniversary GT & the 2007 Cobra again properly after what happened with the first batch.
                      Also what about the Fred Gibson winning Chesterfield 250 Adelaide car in 1:18th as you have made the Moffat car which is a superb looking model.

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                        Thanks Julian for the reply, yes I totally understand that they do as its not raced model of a retro livery its a custom fantasy livery on what the they would look like on todays V8 supercars, me too its not something Im into either as Id love a raced retro livery but the 71 XY 65E Moffat Bathurst winner livery just looks awesome and cool on the FGX.

I do understand especially with the side stripe as the FGX and XY are different shapes and eras of Falcons the challenge would be to match as much as possible, I do like the chrome stripe on the back between the tailights with the Falcon GT looks like the XY with stripe.

here are the photos of the Biante original release in 1998 and the announced FGX Retro Biante special edition, you can see what i mean of the side stripes on the FGX need to be larger and the other things I picked up in the chrome door handles and window banner even the Hardie Ferodo sign should be 500 not 1000.
                        Cheers. I'll pass your suggestions on!

Originally posted by HRT13 View Post
                        Seeing as these retros are in 43rd as well, will the previous VF retros be released in 43 as well at some point?
                        Not at this stage but definitely something to consider if we do future editions to the modern historics.

Originally posted by Socony View Post
                        I'm pretty impressed with how the FPV GT & GT-P look from the pictures. I was wondering if Biante will consider making the 40th anniversary GT & the 2007 Cobra again properly after what happened with the first batch.
                        Also what about the Fred Gibson winning Chesterfield 250 Adelaide car in 1:18th as you have made the Moffat car which is a superb looking model.
                        They've turned out quite nice indeed. We won't be remaking the 40th Anniversary GT or Cobra though as they were limited editions. Other MKII's though, most likely!

Nothing planned for the Gibson car at the moment. We're really struggling to get anywhere near minimum order quantities for the old touring cars lately. Road cars are very popular but not much love for the race cars sadly.

Comment

• That's sad to hear about the lack of interest in the race cars.
                          Hopefully more MKII's then, cool colors I hope. Thanks for the reply & keep up he good work.

Comment

• How times change..

Comment

• Yes I remember when road cars didn't sell at all. I reckon it has something to with the limited number of historic race cars that can be made. For example years ago I wished for another Shell Sierra but now I really have enough and its only the OCD collector in me that keeps buying them. Many other collectors will be happy with only 1 Shell Sierra or Red Moffat XY or HDT VH Commodore etc. A lot of people are now happy they can buy versions of the road cars they own or used to own, especially with Ford and Holden no longer making Falcons and Commodores. People want to own a part of Aussie motoring history and a model is much more affordable than the real thing.

Comment

• However the race car may come back somewhat especially if there's somewhat of a break of them for a while. In the mean time might as well ride the road car wave & get some cool cars made.
                                I'd love to see an XB coupe done like this with black roof, mags, front & rear spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                                X