Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving the 1:12 GTSR. Going to get one in light my fire. Did read that other scales will be produced. Will the 1:18 be full opening die day or closed resin?
    Also donít forget to make one in yellah. I think only one was ever produced in this colour.

Comment

• Will we be able to purchase the red VB on its own? I already have a red SSV redline.

Comment

• just pre-ordered the 1st & last 1/43 Commodore set. looking forward to getting it.

Comment

• Hi Julian, in regards to the 98 Johnson/Johnson DJR EL #17 is the that just the first sample as looks like a few things to correct there in that the rear wing is missing the support mount from the boot to the middle of the rear wing that the ELs had when the rear wing end plate was raised up and also the Masport sign on the front banner needs to be larger from what Ive noticed intially and looks like red is different on parts of the car. Is the car based of qualifying or how it started the race? attached are photos I have of it in the practise and qualifying so you can compare the sample

Click image for larger version  Name:	17-3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	653361Click image for larger version  Name:	17-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	653362Click image for larger version  Name:	ELa_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	653363
          Last edited by biante2326; 10-11-2018, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• I would also add that the SHELL font on the bonnet is wrong and needs to be thicker, especially on the E and S. This was an issue with the 1995 Sandown 500 winner too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
              I would also add that the SHELL font on the bonnet is wrong and needs to be thicker, especially on the E and S. This was an issue with the 1995 Sandown 500 winner too.
              Nice pick up there Pug205, I didnt spot that one and another one is the small stripes on the C pillar between the rear door and the rear screen they start of big and go small where is on the prototype sample it goes small to big.

Have been watching on You tube the 1998 race and also noticed that in the in car camera shots of it on the Dash the is the Shell helix and Dunlop signs plus quicknet.com.au and on the boot its missing the rain red light plus rear camera as seen here in this part of the race on you tube of the outside and in car https://youtu.be/bPvI0wjSBr4?t=6624 where is on the sample in this photo you can see they are missing.
              Im sure they will correct all these for sure and any other corrections we may have missed as its only the first decorated sample

Click image for larger version  Name:	ELc_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	653369
              Last edited by biante2326; 10-11-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numark83 View Post
                Thanks for today's announcements, they look great!

Will the GTSR be made in opening detail 1/18 as well as 1/12?
                Originally posted by f6_mark View Post
                Loving the 1:12 GTSR. Going to get one in light my fire. Did read that other scales will be produced. Will the 1:18 be full opening die day or closed resin?
                Also donít forget to make one in yellah. I think only one was ever produced in this colour.
                Glad you guys are happy with the announcements. We've been working on a lot of these for the last 12+ months and it's good to get a few of them revealed!

At this stage the 1:18 GTSR's will be in opening diecast.
                There's still a lot of work to do but the yellow W1 is definitely a possibility for the future. We will need to get some factory colours done first.

Originally posted by hwp224 View Post
                Will we be able to purchase the red VB on its own? I already have a red SSV redline.
                Not at this stage. The VB will be exclusive to this set.
                The previous red VF SSV was the 2016 spec with chrome highlights and smaller rear wing. The version in the twin set is a replica of the last locally produced Holden to come off the production line. A 2017 Red Hot SSV Redline optioned with the black roof and large rear wing.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                Hi Julian, in regards to the 98 Johnson/Johnson DJR EL #17 is the that just the first sample as looks like a few things to correct there in that the rear wing is missing the support mount from the boot to the middle of the rear wing that the ELs had when the rear wing end plate was raised up and also the Masport sign on the front banner needs to be larger from what Ive noticed intially and looks like red is different on parts of the car. Is the car based of qualifying or how it started the race? attached are photos I have of it in the practise and qualifying so you can compare the sample
                All your suggestions have been noted thanks. There's about another 20-30 mistakes the guys have picked up so we've got them all covered

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

All your suggestions have been noted thanks. There's about another 20-30 mistakes the guys have picked up so we've got them all covered
                  Thanks Julian, just what I and others have observed but wow another 20-30 mistakes Id love to know what those are that I havent picked thats amazing but its only the first prototype decorated sample so will be more changes to make. Could you share what all those 20-30 are to fix, one maybe looks like the number 17 on the bonnet being the 1 and 7 are too far apart and need to be closer together.

Has the EF and EL Program that Richard and Apex started moved over completely to Biante or will we still see them both being announced under both the Biante and Apex brands?

Are there any or lots of Fords going to be in next months announcements i.e 2018 Tickford FG X enduro cars like you have just announced with the ZB Commodore Sandown and Bathurst announcements, Im hoping to see a lot of Ford announcements in the next announcements as us Ford collectors need some love too as much as the Holdens as well
                  Last edited by biante2326; 15-11-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• They're mainly minor livery and interior decoration issues that centre around placement and proportions. Nothing too interesting unfortunately!
                    A couple of of the larger issues you can probably spot are the missing tow prints and the lines on the C pillars not having the fading gradient.

The EF/EL will most likely now come under the Biante banner but with packaging slightly more like Apex. We're just trying to find a good balance that will work for both companies and the collectors.
                    The last ones to be Apex items will probably be the outstanding 2 EF's and the Expo Bowe car at this stage.

There will be some Tickford Ford Supercar announcements before the end of the year together with the small balance of Nissan and Holden ones.
                    I know the Ford guys have missed out a bit recently but it can come in waves. If we invest in a new project it takes 12-24 months before we can reveal anything. There's other Ford projects in the pipeline but they will take some time to come through. It's more by coincidence we have a lot of Holden stuff going on at the moment. There should be one or 2 cool Ford things coming in 2019!

Comment

• A Simona Nissan would be fantastic

Comment

• I saw the 1/64 scale special edition 2017 Biante Season Fan Car FGX Falcon for sale at Games World Eastland (Vic) this afternoon. They were only $5.00 each. These were the same ones that were in the Diecast Model Expo showbag. It is a nice model and could be used as the base for some customs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                          They're mainly minor livery and interior decoration issues that centre around placement and proportions. Nothing too interesting unfortunately!
                          A couple of of the larger issues you can probably spot are the missing tow prints and the lines on the C pillars not having the fading gradient.

The EF/EL will most likely now come under the Biante banner but with packaging slightly more like Apex. We're just trying to find a good balance that will work for both companies and the collectors.
                          The last ones to be Apex items will probably be the outstanding 2 EF's and the Expo Bowe car at this stage.

There will be some Tickford Ford Supercar announcements before the end of the year together with the small balance of Nissan and Holden ones.
                          I know the Ford guys have missed out a bit recently but it can come in waves. If we invest in a new project it takes 12-24 months before we can reveal anything. There's other Ford projects in the pipeline but they will take some time to come through. It's more by coincidence we have a lot of Holden stuff going on at the moment. There should be one or 2 cool Ford things coming in 2019!

Thanks again Julian, I wondered if they were might have been to the Livery, but would never have picked the interior decoration.... It is interesting really even though its minor to get it as accurate as can be to how the DJR Shell Helix EL raced at the Bathurst 98 is important to us collectors to get the small things right. Yes I did spot those and the as mentioned the C Pillar with the fading lines/gradient,

Another one I spotted and Im not sure if it will stay like it is that in the picture of it with the opening parts opened up see below where I have highlighted and circled is from memory the DJR cars had it yellow on the inside pillars on the body shell, will this be corrected on the model? Have a look in this attached clip on you tube at the saved point in the race you will see what I mean https://youtu.be/bPvI0wjSBr4?t=10711

So if the Seton and Jones EFs and the Bowe Expo EL will be the last under the Apex Brand and the EF and ELs moving to the Biante brand with similar packaging to Apex, my question is then when Richard announced the EF and EL program back in 2013 and had DJR and Glenn Seton plus a few other Ford teams that raced them signed up will we still see under the Biante brand Glenn Seton sign the COAs for any other future EF and ELs as per the arrangement with Apex or has that changed now seeing as he doesnt sign the COAs for the EBs under Biante and hasnt done.

Awesome on the Tickford FGXs announcements coming soon I cant wait to see those hopefully in the Biante opening parts FGX tooling will be cool to see too

We have a bit this year Julian missed out compared to Holden I counted 35 Holden announcements to only 9 Ford so I hope that next year can be a lot better in waves for us Ford collectors with these other Ford projects coming in the pipe line, the Mustang 2019 Supercar will be one Im guessing and from the photos people took at the Diecast Expo of the Biante Cabinets of the prototypes looks like a the 1960s Pete Geoghegan champonship Mustangs as well.

But will there be any new Ford Road car projects year is what Im waiting to see, we can only but wait and see like XD and XE ESPs would nice or an EF/EL XR8 or even the Falcon XK which no one has done in 1/18 as suggestions.
                          Last edited by biante2326; 18-11-2018, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Hello again Julian,

Any updates please also on the 2 Seton and Jones EFs and the 2 Seton and Johnson 1994 EBs that you may have, are they close to arriving in Australia? Thanks very much
                            Last edited by biante2326; 18-11-2018, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X