Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After such a long wait, I have seen the first actual pictures of the 1:18 VC HDT. I was hoping that that the rear wheels being too outboard in the guard would be the only issue. Apparently not.. If this is anything to go by, then Biante has ruined what could have been a great release.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1356...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Comment

• Am I wrong that the HDT VC sold out in about 6 minutes? I had got to the check out stage and it came up as SOLD OUT. Wow!! Now for a plan B. I would've thought that 2004 models would've been plenty. Obviously not.

Comment

• Originally posted by V8SS View Post
        Am I wrong that the HDT VC sold out in about 6 minutes? I had got to the check out stage and it came up as SOLD OUT. Wow!! Now for a plan B. I would've thought that 2004 models would've been plenty. Obviously not.
        Probably pulled all the On-Line sales to cover all the returns / refunds >> Check out that facebook page listed above & see all the faults ( Rear Spoiler fit, flared guards fit, exhaust chrome tips hanging etc etc )

Comment

• Like weve stated elsewhere guys, no one is more disappointed and angry to see the state of some of these VCs than we are. We were given assurances from the factory that the standard of the models would meet our expectations, and even our own sample inspection at the warehouse went well before dispatching.

Were not just sitting on our hands and ignoring the problem (like some people online seem to think were doing!). Weve had plenty of internal discussions over the last 24 hours and were doing what we can to provide refunds/replacements for those affected right now.
          Richard and I are going to China this week to discuss a long term solution with the factory so we hope to know more soon.
          Last edited by Julian Fogarty; 11-12-2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• I managed to order one a few hours later and got my order confirmation email. Does this mean I may not end up getting the model now or are you only dispatching models that have been inspected and are up to standard?

Comment

• If they are recalled I hope the rear track-width is addressed as well as the shoddy overall fit and finish

This is not only Biante's fault. The factory itself needs a kick in the pants

Comment

• There is interest on a Holden forum about the 1.18 MSE VF sedan, and members are asking if any one is doing a 1.18 model of the VF Magnum ute.
                Any likelihood of that happening. ?
                Last edited by moas; 16-12-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by V8SS View Post
                  I managed to order one a few hours later and got my order confirmation email. Does this mean I may not end up getting the model now or are you only dispatching models that have been inspected and are up to standard?
                  Unfortunately yes, as we won't be sending any out that haven't been inspected and approved. If this is the case then we will fully refund you.
                  Rich and I got back from China a couple of days ago and we will have an announcement soon (hopefully this week) on our plan moving forward with the VC to make sure everybody ends up with a good model.

Originally posted by moas View Post
                  There is interest on a Holden forum about the 1.18 MSE VF sedan, and members are asking if any one is doing a 1.18 model of the VF Magnum ute.
                  Any likelihood of that happening. ?
                  Nothing to announce at this stage but lets see what 2019 brings

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Julian. Is it strange that there doesn't appear to have been any issues with the Black and John Bowe VC's made for the Model Expo yet there has been for the white ones?

Comment

• I'm really not sure on this unless we could go back and inspect every black and red unit. I think there was some issues in hindsight but the panel gaps and paint defects were less obvious in the darker paint finishes. Plus there was a lot less of them made hence a lot less people to be critical of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                        I'm really not sure on this unless we could go back and inspect every black and red unit. I think there was some issues in hindsight but the panel gaps and paint defects were less obvious in the darker paint finishes. Plus there was a lot less of them made hence a lot less people to be critical of them.
                        If i remember correctly, the first HSV Grange was going to be white until Tom Walkinshaw had a look at it. He rejected it due to the fact that the white paint highlighted all the issues with panel gaps.

Comment

• Hi Julian, bit of a question for you.
                          Are there any plans in the pipeline for making a model of the HRT cars of 1992 and 1993?
                          Or perhaps a re-release of the 1990 car?
                          Cheers guys have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Unfortunately yes, as we won't be sending any out that haven't been inspected and approved. If this is the case then we will fully refund you.
                            Rich and I got back from China a couple of days ago and we will have an announcement soon (hopefully this week) on our plan moving forward with the VC to make sure everybody ends up with a good model

I'm somewhat surprised with the announcement that has been made since this about the VC tooling. I would have thought that the VB would use the same tooling with a few minor differences so does it mean the VB/vf2 two pack will be delayed whilst waiting on new tooling?

Comment

• Originally posted by spolyhronidis View Post
                              If i remember correctly, the first HSV Grange was going to be white until Tom Walkinshaw had a look at it. He rejected it due to the fact that the white paint highlighted all the issues with panel gaps.
                              If that was the case it wouldn't surprise me!

Originally posted by HRT13 View Post
                              Hi Julian, bit of a question for you.
                              Are there any plans in the pipeline for making a model of the HRT cars of 1992 and 1993?
                              We have done some early work on the VP's but with CC releasing their versions the last few years there's no point in us finishing our version off just for the 92/93 HRT cars. We will probably come back to them at some point though.
                              Definitely no plans for a remake of the 1990 Bathurst Winner.

Originally posted by viking View Post
                              I'm somewhat surprised with the announcement that has been made since this about the VC tooling. I would have thought that the VB would use the same tooling with a few minor differences so does it mean the VB/vf2 two pack will be delayed whilst waiting on new tooling?
                              I can't comment further on the VC sorry. But at this stage we think the VB will be ok but of course we are in the process of checking this.

Comment

• Originally posted by spolyhronidis View Post
                                If that was the case it wouldn't surprise me!

Originally posted by HRT13 View Post
                                Hi Julian, bit of a question for you.
                                We have done some early work on the VP's but with CC releasing their versions the last few years there's no point in us finishing our version off just for the 92/93 HRT cars. We will probably come back to them at some point though.
                                Definitely no plans for a remake of the 1990 Bathurst Winner.

Originally posted by viking View Post
                                I can't comment further on the VC sorry. But at this stage we think the VB will be ok but of course we are in the process of checking this.

Comment

Working...
                                X