Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its usually because the tooling costs of diecast cars with opening parts is much higher than sealed resin models. Its often not financially viable to do some models in diecast. If they weren't done in resin they would not be made at all because they would need to retail for $500 a car.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
      Its usually because the tooling costs of diecast cars with opening parts is much higher than sealed resin models. Its often not financially viable to do some models in diecast. If they weren't done in resin they would not be made at all because they would need to retail for $500 a car.

I understand that Ken for sure there are other cars that have to go down the Resin path like the FPV GTs in BF and FG also the EL GT as examples not Diecast as they are not viable, but that style of Mustang has been done before like Classics did with Pete Geoghegans 1965 Mustangs in the Team Total and Castrol versions in opening parts, so thats why its strange they havent gone down the same path as they could do other Mustangs from the tooling in diecast. Maybe they are going to only tool this Mustang up only for Geoghegans 3 ATCC winners only hence why its only to be done in resin, Im sure it will be a great model and for those who have the ATCC winners collection theme going in total will be happy to have these Mustangs for there collection.

Comment

• I got a classic mustang when it first came out and still regard it as one of my finer models, but also recall it cost $195 when biante V8 supercars were about $130.

Comment

• Originally posted by viking View Post
          I got a classic mustang when it first came out and still regard it as one of my finer models, but also recall it cost $195 when biante V8 supercars were about $130.
          I have a Greenlight version, bought in 2010 for $135. Diecast, opening doors and boot, but not bonnet. From early photos of the actual car, it is very accurate. ( But I'm sure that somebody will describe it as cr**.)

Comment

• Hi Julian

Any updates as to when the 1/64 scale Tander/Luff 2016 Sandown 500 winner (B64H16R) will be available.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
              THANKS Julian :-)

I've just received the latest Biante new release email :::

The Brock A9X >>> VERY Nice :-) [ Puts that "other" A9X to shame ] ( A87965: 1:18 Holden LX Torana A9X Hatchback - 1979 Sandown Hang Ten 400 Winner - Driver: Peter Brock )
              The SS VK Commodore > That's exactly like my 1:1 - Same Colour, same wheels, same body kit :-) ( B182704N: 1:18 Holden VK HDT SS Commodore - Alpine White )

Have already pre-ordered Both :::
              Glad you enjoyed them!

Originally posted by Socony View Post
              Firstly on the EB and EF update. Thanks itís always good to know whatís happening when weíve been waiting a long time for them.

On the Geoghegan Mustang. It looks very good. Interesting to see itís being done in resin. I expect the body detail will be top notch as the Apex FPV GT-Fs were. It fills in a big gap in the Ford ATCC championship winners collection when these three mustangs get made. Very happy with this announcement.
              Richard was working on these prior to joining forces with Biante so they were a nice surprise. It's a solid little model.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post

Yes very interesting isnt it on the Mustang 67 ATCC winner, it does look good but a shame it's sealed body resin though for the price of $300. I would have thought that they would have done it in diecast with opening parts for that price. I was thinking of pre ordering it when I saw the announcement till I saw and read it was sealed body resin for that price put me off instantly .

I do collect Ford ATCC winners but my theme is Falcon ATCC winners from 1993 till 2018 as that was when I first started following the Aussie Touring Car Championship Racing and I'm more a Falcon fan and follower than say Mustang or other Ford's but I do collect ther odd other Fords.

It would be interesting to hear from either Julian or Richard thoughts on the Championship winning Mustang as to why this model is being done in sealed body resin than say diecast with opening parts like other Mustang's in that shape have been before from other companies.
              As Ken suggested, there was absolutely no way we could make a diecast project work for this model. It would be far north of $300 if we wanted to even draw even on an opening diecast version. Very similar situation to the EL GT's. 3 versions to do and we're only expecting 200-500 orders for each.
              We need at least 5-10,000+ units on a diecast project to even be considered.
              Hope that helps.

Originally posted by VTWagon View Post
              Hi Julian

Any updates as to when the 1/64 scale Tander/Luff 2016 Sandown 500 winner (B64H16R) will be available.

Thanks
              In a container right now. Should be here for a Feb release.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity Julian, how many 64s do you make approximately of each model... eg the aforementioned 2016 Sandown winner. 1000? 5000? Whats a ballpark figure?

Comment

• Thanks Julian

My last comment on the Geoghegan Mustang GTA is I think itís great thereís an affordable way to produce some of these low volume models and Iím excited to see them.
                  The other thing is the resin models now are generally excellent quality. The Apex FPV GT-Fs are great, some of the spark Le Mans cars and a couple of Minichamps F1 cars I have are superb. The sharpness of the edges and lines on a resin model are very impressive. Look forward to adding these to my collection.

Comment

• Yeah i have some resin models and they are very good. I am happy to have them if the alternative is no model at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by HRT13 View Post
                      Just out of curiosity Julian, how many 64s do you make approximately of each model... eg the aforementioned 2016 Sandown winner. 1000? 5000? Whats a ballpark figure?
                      Generally no more than 1,000 and that's the absolute minimum order quantity that some factories set. Most factories would laugh at any anything under 10,000.
                      And generally, the only 64th models that get above 1,000 orders are Bathurst Winners or corporate orders. Most 64th's these days only get a few hundred orders. Hence why the 64th market is really difficult to justify.

Originally posted by Socony View Post
                      Thanks Julian

My last comment on the Geoghegan Mustang GTA is I think itís great thereís an affordable way to produce some of these low volume models and Iím excited to see them.
                      The other thing is the resin models now are generally excellent quality. The Apex FPV GT-Fs are great, some of the spark Le Mans cars and a couple of Minichamps F1 cars I have are superb. The sharpness of the edges and lines on a resin model are very impressive. Look forward to adding these to my collection.
                      Many years ago I wasn't open to collecting anything other than opening diecast but I've seen some very nice resin models come through and I've slowly changed my tune.
                      I try and look at it in a positive way in that it allows us to make models that would have never had a hope before. The 1:12's, the Mustangs, EL GT's etc.

Comment

• Thanks for that bit of insider information Julian.
                        As much as I enjoy 64s, after reading that I can understand why you guys and others would be reluctant to continue production. With such low numbers I'm assuming they wouldn't make much of a profit either.

Comment

• Julian, Please tell me that you will be rectifying the VK SS before its released.

The rear spoiler is too large.

The front spoiler is incorrect.

The grill is incorrect, should be 3 slat same as standard VK Commodore.

Wheels are too large.

Your model is clearly a recoloured Group A SS.

Please spent the time to get it right.

Also, can you confirm whether or not if you will be re doing the white VC HDT

Thanks,

HDT337

Comment

• Julian, Please tell me that you will be rectifying the VK SS before its released.

The rear spoiler is too large.

The front spoiler is incorrect.

The grill is incorrect, should be 3 slat same as standard VK Commodore.

Wheels are too large.

Your model is clearly a recoloured Group A SS.

Please spent the time to get it right.

Also, can you confirm whether or not if you will be re doing the white VC HDT

Thanks,

HDT337

Comment

• How the heck did it post 4 comments?

HDT337

Comment

• Julian---I saw on the website that some 1:43 Supercars are in transit. Will they arrive in early or late February? Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                                X