Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biante News, Announcements and Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
    The reason the boot doesn't open is 1. To save on the cost and 2 There is nothing in there.
    Nothing, sure looks like a lot of nothing to me. Cost, how much?, 5?, 10?, 15 bucks?, I'd pay that cost.

    Comment


    • I'm talking about the new Gen cars. Those pics are of like a 2010 car. The fuel tank isn't even in the boot anymore And thats the reason they gave. And I've sure you would pay the extra but a lot of others wouldn't. I'm sure Julian will give the reason.
      Last edited by fordmad17; 07-02-2019, 04:34 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
        I'm talking about the new Gen cars. Those pics are of like a 2010 car. The fuel tank isn't even in the boot anymore And thats the reason they gave. And I've sure you would pay the extra but a lot of others wouldn't. I'm sure Julian will give the reason.
        Yeah, I know that these pictures are not from a new gen COTF car. I was using them as an example to show that there is never just "nothing there", there is always 'something there'. Just need a decision as to either show it or not.

        We the fact that there needs to be new moulds made, there is a great opportunity to get away from this 'sealed fiasco', and created a model that will realistically show what is actually on the track.

        We are paying close to nearly $200 for these, so lets get a cost analysis on an opening boot/trunk lid, see what that will actually add to the final retail cost and then go from there.

        Comment


        • Im sure Julian or Richard will answer your question and your feedback and opinion there in regards to the 1/18 supercars with sealed bootlids but be careful because Julian has said this to other members that they dont mind feedback but they might not like it in regards to asking for costs analysis on the opening boot they may not want to give out that sort of info, as fordmad17 said that was the decision and reason they gave back then with the sealed boots on the VF Commodore and FGX Falcon, but they are with the 1/18 ZB Commodore making it fully opening with the rear hatch opening so if thats the case they will most likely do that with the 1/18 Mustang Supercar with opening boot as well but thats up to them they will answer it for you

          I too would love to see a fully opening Supercar Diecast in the VF Holden and FGX Ford but if there reason and also Authentics is to seal the boot up of what they gave in regards to cost and that there is not much is the boot other than fuel hoses then theres not much we can do, they would not change it now with the ZB 1/18 coming soon and the Mustang 1/18 possibly later in the year or in early 2020
          Last edited by biante2326; 08-02-2019, 09:47 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by canuck617 View Post

            Yeah, I know that these pictures are not from a new gen COTF car. I was using them as an example to show that there is never just "nothing there", there is always 'something there'. Just need a decision as to either show it or not.

            We the fact that there needs to be new moulds made, there is a great opportunity to get away from this 'sealed fiasco', and created a model that will realistically show what is actually on the track.

            We are paying close to nearly $200 for these, so lets get a cost analysis on an opening boot/trunk lid, see what that will actually add to the final retail cost and then go from there.
            I don't think Fordmad17 meant literally "nothing in the boot", im sure he meant figuratively "nothing in the boot", as in nothing in particular to get excited about.
            I imagine that boot detail as well as tooling to have opening bootlids would be well above $5-$15 per model. Julian can correct me if i am way off the mark.

            Comment


            • Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0780.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	653718

              Correct Ken There is nothing in there compared to those photos he showed lol. There is nothing bar a Fuel pipe and a few hoses. Who opens the boot anyway. I know I don't.

              Thats whats in a ZB boot. Stuff all really. I tried to get a pic of a Falcon boot but guess what. Not one was open, not one. When I asked they replied nothing in there.
              Last edited by fordmad17; 08-02-2019, 01:36 PM.

              Comment


              • Hi Julian : Any update on the Lowndes 1:12 Retro Livery ? Are there going to be any available on-line ?

                In one post you said the Pye Retro 1:12 & the Lowndes Retro 1:12 should be arriving in the same container ??

                Thanks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by boing1 View Post
                  Hi Julian/Richard,
                  just wondering with the big spark stickers on the front wheel guards of the Bathurst 12hr winning Porsche, we might see an announcement soon of another winner for the collection?
                  Spark announcement shouldn't be too far away now.

                  Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                  Julian or Richard---With the announcement of the 2018 Nissans are there any plans to catch up the 2015-2017 Nissan 1:43's that have not been produced...Cheers
                  Not at this stage. The Nissans really struggle to reach MOQ's so we'll see how these latest announcements go before moving onto others.

                  Originally posted by Socony View Post
                  On the Supercars announcement yesterday. Thanks very much Biante. There’s something in there for everyone.
                  I like others am very pleased to see some Tickford FG-Xs with opening parts
                  Glad you like them

                  Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                  I'm talking about the new Gen cars. Those pics are of like a 2010 car. The fuel tank isn't even in the boot anymore And thats the reason they gave. And I've sure you would pay the extra but a lot of others wouldn't. I'm sure Julian will give the reason.
                  At the time we were looking for ways to keep the price point of the 1:18 Supercars competitive and under that elusive $200 mark. A closed boot was the compromise we came up with.
                  You would be surprised how bare the boots were of the VF and FGX. I had a photo floating around that I can't seem to find now but there was some wiring in there and that was about it, not even fuel filler pipes from memory. That was for the 2013 AGP weekend though.

                  The ZB is a bit different as there is a little more in there and it's visible through the rear windscreen. We wanted to distinguish our tooling from the rest and offer a fully opening model again. Hopefully won't affect the price in the short term.

                  Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                  Hi Julian : Any update on the Lowndes 1:12 Retro Livery ? Are there going to be any available on-line ?

                  In one post you said the Pye Retro 1:12 & the Lowndes Retro 1:12 should be arriving in the same container ??

                  Thanks
                  This one was delayed a bit unfortunately. The rest of the outstanding 1:12's should be out in March but we may have to wait for April for the Lowndes Caltex retro car. Numbers will be extremely limited online.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                    Im sure Julian or Richard will answer your question and your feedback and opinion there in regards to the 1/18 supercars with sealed bootlids but be careful because Julian has said this to other members that they dont mind feedback but they might not like it in regards to asking for costs analysis on the opening boot they may not want to give out that sort of info, as fordmad17 said that was the decision and reason they gave back then with the sealed boots on the VF Commodore and FGX Falcon, but they are with the 1/18 ZB Commodore making it fully opening with the rear hatch opening so if thats the case they will most likely do that with the 1/18 Mustang Supercar with opening boot as well but thats up to them they will answer it for you

                    I too would love to see a fully opening Supercar Diecast in the VF Holden and FGX Ford but if there reason and also Authentics is to seal the boot up of what they gave in regards to cost and that there is not much is the boot other than fuel hoses then theres not much we can do, they would not change it now with the ZB 1/18 coming soon and the Mustang 1/18 possibly later in the year or in early 2020

                    Well, since I am the one (we are the ones) paying for these, I will give out what ever kind of opinion I have, that is what free speech is all about.

                    I don't care about the details of the cost analysis, my only interest is that they do one and give me (us) the final cost of what the retail will be on it.

                    Also just saying, hey put that retail cost out there and see what the customers think and make a choice from there as to opening trunk/boot lid or not.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post

                      I don't think Fordmad17 meant literally "nothing in the boot", im sure he meant figuratively "nothing in the boot", as in nothing in particular to get excited about.
                      I imagine that boot detail as well as tooling to have opening bootlids would be well above $5-$15 per model. Julian can correct me if i am way off the mark.
                      Yes, that was not missed by me, nor did I mean it in a figurative way myself, but thanks for pointing it out, appreciate it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0780.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	653718

                        Correct Ken There is nothing in there compared to those photos he showed lol. There is nothing bar a Fuel pipe and a few hoses. Who opens the boot anyway. I know I don't.

                        Thats whats in a ZB boot. Stuff all really. I tried to get a pic of a Falcon boot but guess what. Not one was open, not one. When I asked they replied nothing in there.

                        I am not talking about the old Falcon in regards to open boot/trunk lids, that boat has sailed, those pics were just a reference as to the new Mustang models that I want to see have opening trunk/boot lids.

                        That nothing but a fuel pipe, a few hoses and some wires is what I want to see. When people come over and ask about it, I want to show it off so they can see those kind of details.

                        I for one always open the opening parts to see the details inside, I paid for it, why wouldn't I want to see it and show it off.

                        Nastycar die-cast has about the same inside the trunk/boot, they offer an opening trunk/boot lid, (at least they used to, I don't touch the new rcca/arc/lionel trash they offer now, so I cannot be sure), as I am still stuck in the 1999 to 2006 models offered by Team Caliber, the epitome of nastycar die-cast that was, and will ever be made.

                        It isn't much to see, but for 5-10 bucks?, I still want to see the junk in the trunk, I want something that is as close to what is raced on the track, there is a opportunity here to do it with the new Mustang moulds, so why not?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by canuck617 View Post


                          Well, since I am the one (we are the ones) paying for these, I will give out what ever kind of opinion I have, that is what free speech is all about.

                          I don't care about the details of the cost analysis, my only interest is that they do one and give me (us) the final cost of what the retail will be on it.

                          Also just saying, hey put that retail cost out there and see what the customers think and make a choice from there as to opening trunk/boot lid or not.

                          I agree with you totally we are all entitled to give our opinions and feedback to them, but I was just pointing out that they don't like it when people ask about personal things in regards to there business costs etc the final cost of the breakdown and won't give it out that's why Julian answered everyone's posts except your one on giving you a final cost on what the retail would be on an opening boot/trunk.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by biante2326 View Post


                            I agree with you totally we are all entitled to give our opinions and feedback to them, but I was just pointing out that they don't like it when people ask about personal things in regards to there business costs etc the final cost of the breakdown and won't give it out that's why Julian answered everyone's posts except your one on giving you a final cost on what the retail would be on an opening boot/trunk.
                            I think that there is something getting lost in translation.

                            I am not interested in "personal things", nor do I want to know the details of the "cost of the breakdown".

                            I was only asking if they could do one and then get back to me (us) on what they think the final retail cost would be for a new Mustang model with a opening trunk/boot lid..

                            ..since they have to create a new mould anyway, here is a great big huge opportunity to think way out into the future and make a model that will be the best that it could be.

                            It doesn't seem like a big ask, as I, in my work, buy and sell millions of kg's of metal throughout the world each year, if a customer came to me and asked, 'hey how much for this', I would do a cost analysis and get back to the said customer with a quote.

                            I have to question your "that's why Julian answered everyone's posts except your one" statement. If that is true (I hope that it isn't), it seems to me, that it isn't the best way to treat a customers question, who is inquiring about their product.

                            To not at least look into it, seems like a really big missed opportunity to me, and to just say 'no we don't want to do it because there is nothing to see', to me seems like a poor excuse.

                            Anyway, that's my 2 cents on it.



                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by canuck617 View Post


                              Well, since I am the one (we are the ones) paying for these, I will give out what ever kind of opinion I have, that is what free speech is all about.

                              I don't care about the details of the cost analysis, my only interest is that they do one and give me (us) the final cost of what the retail will be on it.

                              Also just saying, hey put that retail cost out there and see what the customers think and make a choice from there as to opening trunk/boot lid or not.
                              Just buy an axe. That should open it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post

                                Just buy an axe. That should open it.
                                Oh such a good idea. Thanks, I will give that a try!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X