This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post

From the livery reveal this morning you can see the Authentic Collectables logo above the Bosch decal and logo, and from what I read on a Facebook, that Authentic have said to a collector that they will doing very likely both the Camo and Ford Launch Mustangs in 1/18 hope this helps.
    Holy smokes, you have some good eye sight there, I didn't see that at all. In your picture I had to use a magnify glass to be able to see that logo.

Good new on the Camo and Launch liveries.

I went back and looked at the pics of the DJRTP Mustangs and didn't see any model logos that I could see, wonder what that means, they don't have an exclusive contract with one model manufacturer..?

Sure hope that there isn't a monopoly on the making of Mustang models. Better to have competition for our almighty dollar.

Comment

• DJRTP have not run a model logo for a few years now so wouldn't read too much into that.

Comment

• Yeah, having the licence to make the models and sponsoring the team are 2 different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
          DJRTP have not run a model logo for a few years now so wouldn't read too much into that.
          I have to pay better attention, I didn't even notice that.

Comment

• Its official Authentic have announced partnership with Tickford Racing as there model car supplier with the Mustang GT supercar from 2019 onwards, but doesn't mention anything bout them doing any of the teams FGXs that havent been made i.e 2015 and 2017 Sandown 500 winners only the Mustang.

https://www.authenticcollectables.co...ickford-racing

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck617 View Post

Holy smokes, you have some good eye sight there, I didn't see that at all. In your picture I had to use a magnify glass to be able to see that logo.

Good new on the Camo and Launch liveries.

I went back and looked at the pics of the DJRTP Mustangs and didn't see any model logos that I could see, wonder what that means, they don't have an exclusive contract with one model manufacturer..?

Sure hope that there isn't a monopoly on the making of Mustang models. Better to have competition for our almighty dollar.

Here you go Canuck from Authentic collectables website in regards to DJRTP from last year, Authentic now have the exclusive contact to both DJRTP and Tickford racing which means there will be a monopoly on the Mustang Supercar with only them making it sorry to dissapoint you.

https://www.authenticcollectables.co...er-racing-team
              Last edited by biante2326; 15-02-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• At least we will get them in 1/64.

Comment

Here you go Canuck from Authentic collectables website in regards to DJRTP from last year, Authentic now have the exclusive contact to both DJRTP and Tickford racing which means there will be a monopoly on the Mustang Supercar with only them making it sorry to dissapoint you.

https://www.authenticcollectables.co...er-racing-team
                  Yeah, I got that email in regards to Tickford.

It's unfortunate for the collectors, it doesn't make for a healthy market having just one manufacturer making a single model. Just have to look at the lionel/rcca fiasco to see that, but that was brought on by the sanctioning body themselves, by creating the infamous licensing agreement that they forced the drivers and teams to sign. No competition does not make for a healthy market.

We are still lucky that there are 3? (not sure if CC is still in the game, have not bought one since the #5 Bathurst win) model manufacturers for the Supercar series, but it's too bad there aren't 2 making the Mustang to compete for our almighty dollar. With a monopoly on the Mustang they can make any sort of detailed model and collectors have nowhere else to go if wanting to buy one. Bummer.

Well, like any 'new' model I will get one to see if it is worth parting with my money to start collecting, so we will see.

Julian, a question on the upcoming Biante #5's, are they going to be a wrap or tampo graphics, it's been a while, since 2010, that I have bought one.

Thanks in advance!
                  Last edited by canuck617; 16-02-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Any company likely to make the 2019 Bathurst 12hr winner Porsche in 1:18 ? Certainly Hope So > That last hour was some of the Best passing / racing I have ever seen.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                      Any company likely to make the 2019 Bathurst 12hr winner Porsche in 1:18 ? Certainly Hope So > That last hour was some of the Best passing / racing I have ever seen.

Thanks
                      I've only seen Minichamps with a mold of the 991 GT3R in 1/18, which isn't anything special.

Comment

Its official Authentic have announced partnership with Tickford Racing as there model car supplier with the Mustang GT supercar from 2019 onwards,
                        If they do a Supercar Mustang mould, it won't look like a Mustang.
                        If they use a proper Mustang road car mould, it won't look like a Supercar, but it could look like what a Supercar Mustang should look like.
                        Either way they are going to be wrong and criticised

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                          Any company likely to make the 2019 Bathurst 12hr winner Porsche in 1:18 ? Certainly Hope So > That last hour was some of the Best passing / racing I have ever seen.

Thanks
                          I think it will be Spark making it. They have their name on the car.

Comment

• Originally posted by f6_mark View Post

I think it will be Spark making it. They have their name on the car.
                            On Facebook, Spark said theyll hopefully have an announcement soon

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                              Julian---Will there be a Cam Waters/ David Russell #6 Monster Energy FG-X Falcon car from either the 2018 Bathurst 1000 or Sandown 500 in 1:18 or 1:43
                              No plans for any older Tickford cars at this stage.

Originally posted by canuck617 View Post

Thanks, that is great news to hear, that you will be taking under consideration, I will be glad to start collecting them again, it has been too long.

Lets hope the other team(s) will see the light, jump ship and have their models done by you as well.

If possible do you think that the camo and Mustang Launch liveries might get done? Would like to add those to my collection as well.

Thanks in advance!
                              Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                              Hi Julian, have Biante lost the licensing to making the Tickford Racing cars this year as my previous post I have seen on Facebook a post by Tickford Racing shared by Supercheap Auto on the Livery reveal for the Mustang and I noticed Authentic Collectables logo on there.
                              With the news out now we can confirm that we won't be tooling up a Mustang Supercar at this stage. It's a shame to lose a team but when combining with the fact we would have had to tool up a new car just for them, it makes sense with the way it's turned out.

Originally posted by canuck617 View Post

Julian, a question on the upcoming Biante #5's, are they going to be a wrap or tampo graphics, it's been a while, since 2010, that I have bought one.

Thanks in advance!
                              The recent Supercar models are normally a combination depending on how complicated the liveries are. We tampo where possible but the larger, intricate areas are usually in decals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

No plans for any older Tickford cars at this stage.
                                Hope that changes in the future, fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

With the news out now we can confirm that we won't be tooling up a Mustang Supercar at this stage. It's a shame to lose a team but when combining with the fact we would have had to tool up a new car just for them, it makes sense with the way it's turned out.
                                Bummer. Makes sense, but still a bummer.

Just a couple more questions Julian. Thanks in advance!

Would you do, have you done a prototype/sample of a piece to try to entice the team(s) to be a partner in making a model?

I love collecting samples (Team Caliber mostly), I am always looking for pictures and history of such. I have only seen a few pictures of sample/prototypes that you guys have released pictures of. Any chance you could tease us with more of those? It would be fascinating to see. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

The recent Supercar models are normally a combination depending on how complicated the liveries are. We tampo where possible but the larger, intricate areas are usually in decals.
                                Good to know! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X