Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Julian, is the 1/18 Satin Black FGX scheduled for release shortly? Noticed it’s been in transit for a few weeks Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck617 View Post

Hope that changes in the future, fingers crossed.

Bummer. Makes sense, but still a bummer.

Just a couple more questions Julian. Thanks in advance!

Would you do, have you done a prototype/sample of a piece to try to entice the team(s) to be a partner in making a model?

I love collecting samples (Team Caliber mostly), I am always looking for pictures and history of such. I have only seen a few pictures of sample/prototypes that you guys have released pictures of. Any chance you could tease us with more of those? It would be fascinating to see. Thanks in advance.

Good to know! Thanks!
      We very rarely produce samples unless we're 99% sure they will go into production. It's just such an expensive and time consuming process for both us and the factory to develop them.

In regards to pictures of samples, just let me know a model you're interested in and I'll see if we have some images floating around.
      Most of what you see when we announce models are the decorated sample stage so you've probably seen a lot of these anyway.

Originally posted by no1holdenfan View Post
      Hi Julian, is the 1/18 Satin Black FGX scheduled for release shortly? Noticed it’s been in transit for a few weeks Thanks
      Should be mid/late March at this stage.
      We've been trying to keep the in transit section updated with models due within the next month or 2 but things can get moved around quite a bit before the actual release. Should give you a good idea of what's coming soon though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

We very rarely produce samples unless we're 99% sure they will go into production. It's just such an expensive and time consuming process for both us and the factory to develop them.

In regards to pictures of samples, just let me know a model you're interested in and I'll see if we have some images floating around.
        Most of what you see when we announce models are the decorated sample stage so you've probably seen a lot of these anyway.
        I see, good to know. If you guys do make a sample, how do you know that it is a sample, is it noted on the model that it is a sample?

I was thinking more of the pre-livery sample stage, like in the pictures. I have some others somewhere, just can't find them at the moment.

I find the whole process fascinating, and it's nice to have some eye candy to drool over.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• A EH Premier wouldn’t go astray. The EH Special body is already there.

Comment

I see, good to know. If you guys do make a sample, how do you know that it is a sample, is it noted on the model that it is a sample?

I was thinking more of the pre-livery sample stage, like in the pictures. I have some others somewhere, just can't find them at the moment.

I find the whole process fascinating, and it's nice to have some eye candy to drool over.

Thanks in advance!
            Here's a good link to read up on the whole process
            https://shop.biante.com.au/pages/making-models

I can probably find some images of more so if you're interested in a specific model I'll see what we've got.

Originally posted by Waynestr View Post
            A EH Premier wouldn’t go astray. The EH Special body is already there.
            We only have the opening 43rd EH tooling which is unlikely to see production again.

Comment

I can probably find some images of more so if you're interested in a specific model I'll see what we've got.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that article, I have read it before many moons ago, great article too!

"Generally there are at least 5-6 different types of samples we receive and review throughout this process.."

"The First Shot sample.."

"The first painted sample.."

"The decorated sample.."

"The production sample.."

I can't think of a specific model, maybe the DJR championship piece? Any Ford would work for me.

I know it's a big ask, but I would love to see the comparisons between the above quotes, to see they steps as well, that would be very cool!

Maybe place them in your article?

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

We only have the opening 43rd EH tooling which is unlikely to see production again.
                I should have added “1/18” scale sorry. As in my case that’s the only scale that interests me.

Comment

• Interesting announcements today.
                  For Julian if possible Re the FX retro version 1973 Bathurst livery, will we be seeing other famous falcon liveries on this model in the future? ( 1977, 1981 etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                    Interesting announcements today.
                    For Julian if possible Re the FX retro version 1973 Bathurst livery, will we be seeing other famous falcon liveries on this model in the future? ( 1977, 1981 etc)
                    I just wish they did them in 1:64

Comment

• Maybe may be similar to "Legends series" if this is the plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post

I just wish they did them in 1:64
                        I'm with you there. Surely these would be just as popular as the FJ Holdens Biante are doing

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post

I'm with you there. Surely these would be just as popular as the FJ Holdens Biante are doing
                          You’d think so. It’s not like they’re random liveries either. They’re iconic liveries in Motorsport

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that article, I have read it before many moons ago, great article too!

"Generally there are at least 5-6 different types of samples we receive and review throughout this process.."

"The First Shot sample.."

"The first painted sample.."

"The decorated sample.."

"The production sample.."

I can't think of a specific model, maybe the DJR championship piece? Any Ford would work for me.

I know it's a big ask, but I would love to see the comparisons between the above quotes, to see they steps as well, that would be very cool!

Maybe place them in your article?

Thanks in advance!!
                            Can't really put together the comparisons at the moment but here's some images of the very first BF Supercar sample
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1983.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	653807

Name:	DSC_1979.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	653808

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	653809

Originally posted by Waynestr View Post

I should have added “1/18” scale sorry. As in my case that’s the only scale that interests me.
                            We were going to do a 1:18 EH at one point but CC announced their version so there was no point doubling up.

Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                            Interesting announcements today.
                            Unlikely in the immediate future. We've done a couple of Fords and a couple of Holdens lately so we'll probably leave it at that for a little while.
                            They are quite popular and do sell well but for some reason a segment of the collector base take them as a personal insult and are not shy in telling us so. Collecting models is a very subjective hobby and we try cater to as many people as possible. It's sad though when we cop abuse for making models that make some people happy but make others furious.

In regards to the 64th's, I have to be brutally honest on these guys. What ones we are able to push through just don't sell. We're lucky to sell half of the minimum order quantity.
                            We'd like to be able to produce more but the case for them is once again getting really difficult to justify.

Comment

• Those prototype pics are great. Its cool to see the model like that. Like a project car mid-build.

Comment

• Hi Julian,
                                Are the EF Falcons still a chance to be released this month?
                                I’m asking here because while you keep your in transit items updated Apex doesn’t. They still have the 89 Bathurst winner as in transit and got one more than a month ago so it’s hard to know what’s happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X