This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

Can't really put together the comparisons at the moment but here's some images of the very first BF Supercar sample

That is very COOL!!! Thanks!! Love to see this kind of sample pics!!

Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

Unlikely in the immediate future. We've done a couple of Fords and a couple of Holdens lately so we'll probably leave it at that for a little while.
    They are quite popular and do sell well but for some reason a segment of the collector base take them as a personal insult and are not shy in telling us so. Collecting models is a very subjective hobby and we try cater to as many people as possible. It's sad though when we cop abuse for making models that make some people happy but make others furious.
    Why would they give you grief, should be grateful and happy that you guys even took the time to do it, as they could have easily had nothing, to be complaining about. They don't have to buy it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
      Hi Julian,
      Are the EF Falcons still a chance to be released this month?
      I’m asking here because while you keep your in transit items updated Apex doesn’t. They still have the 89 Bathurst winner as in transit and got one more than a month ago so it’s hard to know what’s happening.
      The EF's have once again been delayed sadly. We weren't happy with how production was progressing so had to get them started from scratch again. They are most likely going to now arrive in Q3 which I know people will be frustrated to hear. However we simply did not want to release them at a standard that we thought people wouldn't accept.
      I'll pass on the suggestion about the in transit section on the Apex site as well.

Originally posted by canuck617 View Post
      That is very COOL!!! Thanks!! Love to see this kind of sample pics!!

Why would they give you grief, should be grateful and happy that you guys even took the time to do it, as they could have easily had nothing, to be complaining about. They don't have to buy it..
      Collectors are a passionate bunch so we totally get that some models are going to be liked or disliked depending on what your theme is. The retro cars, however, really polarise some people like nothing we've ever seen before. They sell better than a large amount of other cars we announce so there's definitely a fan base there. It's just that some collectors want us hung, drawn, and quartered every time we announce one!

Comment

• I have seen your Facebook page and the comments around announcement time Julian and all I can I say is people are the worst.

So much rudeness, opinions stated as facts shared by all, and all done with a strong sense of entitlement

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Julian, while that is frustrating and disappointing about the EF's I whole heartedly agree with you that it's much better to get it right the first time rather than put out something that us collectors won't be happy with. As long as we know it's all good. I'm guessing that includes the Bowe CAT expo car too?
          Just a comment on the retro cars. I'm not a fan of them but I see no reason why you should cop flak for making them. If they sell & you can make more use of your moulds then why not. You guys selling more models is good for all of us & the reality of it is everyone of us only ever get a percentage of the models produced anyway & don't all complain about the ones we don't buy so why should these be any different.
          Thanks for keeping us informed.

Comment

• Yeah, why would anyone complain about a model that they don't want? Just don't buy it. Some people are idiots.

Comment

• Hey Julian, I know that it is likely that the other two colours of VC HDT road cars will be next in line, but are there any plans for the Group Three VHs? I know we would be talking a few years probably but if not, what is likely to be the next erad-going HDT release (apart from the related cousin VK SS announcement)?

I needed to ask as I have run out of things to bother you about. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Hello Julian,

Do you please have an update on the John Bowe CAT EL Diecast Expo 1/18?

Me too I have read those comments on the FB announcement on the Moffat 73 Bathurst winning retro FGX and also can't understand how people can comment on those and why you guys get negative reactions to the retro cars and as others have said they are not even interested so why complain on it if they don't want it.

There are collectors who love them and a market for them so why not if you have the tooling and they sell well, the other collectors need to take in account there are others that have themes and whilst these dont fit there's that others like myself do as I love these retrospective liverys raced or non raced versions.
                Last edited by biante2326; 12-03-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;n653815]

The EF's have once again been delayed sadly. We weren't happy with how production was progressing so had to get them started from scratch again. They are most likely going to now arrive in Q3 which I know people will be frustrated to hear. However we simply did not want to release them at a standard that we thought people wouldn't accept.
                  I'll pass on the suggestion about the in transit section on the Apex site as well.

Hi Julian, it is a bit frustrating but the same time totally understandable and a good idea to start again rather than put them out and the standard of quality isnt good as Id rather wait a liitle more longer for a model in great quality. Can you please elaborate on why you guys werent happy with how the production was going with the EFs, was it the general quality or the Seton EF in particular seing as that is very distinctive in rthe 3 colours of red, white and blue of its livery thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                    Thanks for the reply Julian, while that is frustrating and disappointing about the EF's I whole heartedly agree with you that it's much better to get it right the first time rather than put out something that us collectors won't be happy with. As long as we know it's all good. I'm guessing that includes the Bowe CAT expo car too?
                    Just a comment on the retro cars. I'm not a fan of them but I see no reason why you should cop flak for making them. If they sell & you can make more use of your moulds then why not. You guys selling more models is good for all of us & the reality of it is everyone of us only ever get a percentage of the models produced anyway & don't all complain about the ones we don't buy so why should these be any different.
                    Thanks for keeping us informed.
                    Last I heard, the Bowe CAT car is still progressing well although taking longer than expected. It hasn't needed to be started again like the EF's and will hopefully arrive in Q2.
                    At some point in the future soon we will need to look at ways to bring the EF's and EL's to market quicker. They've suffered so many delays and setbacks. Rich and I were even chatting the other day how they are Apex's version of the VN for Biante. Feel almost cursed!

Originally posted by Damage View Post
                    Hey Julian, I know that it is likely that the other two colours of VC HDT road cars will be next in line, but are there any plans for the Group Three VHs? I know we would be talking a few years probably but if not, what is likely to be the next erad-going HDT release (apart from the related cousin VK SS announcement)?

I needed to ask as I have run out of things to bother you about. Thanks in advance
                    Other HDT road cars are definitely on our radar. We were disappointed with the assembly quality of the white VC so we're working on a way to improve this. If we can work in other HDT cars we will but nothing to announce just yet.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                    Hello Julian,

Do you please have an update on the John Bowe CAT EL Diecast Expo 1/18?
                    See above!

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                    Hi Julian, it is a bit frustrating but the same time totally understandable and a good idea to start again rather than put them out and the standard of quality isnt good as Id rather wait a liitle more longer for a model in great quality. Can you please elaborate on why you guys werent happy with how the production was going with the EFs, was it the general quality or the Seton EF in particular seing as that is very distinctive in rthe 3 colours of red, white and blue of its livery thanks.
                    Won't go into details as it's an internal matter between us and the factory. However, the bottom line is that we weren't happy with how they were progressing and had to make a change. Hopefully everything will now go smoothly and they won't be too far away.

Comment

• Hi Julian, Can we get an update on the status of any of the ZB Commodore's Please : It will be interesting to see a 1:18 with opening parts.

In particular, How are the 1:12 version's going ? When may we expect to see any of those released ? ( ie: Lowndes Season Car, Lowndes / Richards Bathurst Car OR Craig's Newcastle Car ).

Any progress pic's etc.

Also, Seeing as Biante & Apex are one - Any indication if the 2019 Bathurst 12hr Winning Porsche will be produced in 1:18 ? I did see a email with a 1:43 listed :

Thanks

Comment

• Julian---Any word on when any of the 2018 Supercar 1:43's will be arriving....Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                          Hi Julian, Can we get an update on the status of any of the ZB Commodore's Please : It will be interesting to see a 1:18 with opening parts.

In particular, How are the 1:12 version's going ? When may we expect to see any of those released ? ( ie: Lowndes Season Car, Lowndes / Richards Bathurst Car OR Craig's Newcastle Car ).

Any progress pic's etc.

Also, Seeing as Biante & Apex are one - Any indication if the 2019 Bathurst 12hr Winning Porsche will be produced in 1:18 ? I did see a email with a 1:43 listed :

Thanks
                          Hey guys

The first 1:18 ZB's have just left the factory so should be here late April/May. New pics are up on the 'In Transit' section on the website home page.

The 1:12's always take longer to produce but they're progressing well. We're hoping to start receiving them in early Q3 this year. Pics of the prototypes are on the website.

The 1:18 2019 Bathurst 12hr Porsche should be done by Spark at some stage so it's hopefully only a matter of time.

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                          Julian---Any word on when any of the 2018 Supercar 1:43's will be arriving....Cheers
                          The first lot of ZB's should be later in Q2 at this stage.

Comment

• Hello Julian, any updates please on the Johnson/Johnson 1/18 DJR Shell Helix EL 98 Bathurst to what qtr it may be released thanks.

Also when please may we see some more EF and EL 1/18 announcements or are you guys going to release the 2 Apex EFs and the DJR EL first before more announcements?
                            Last edited by biante2326; 04-04-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• We're still hoping to sneak the EL's into Q2 but it will be touch and go at the moment. It will be relying on production to go smoothly though (of which the EF/EL's haven't had the best of luck with).

We will also try to at least release some of the outstanding EF/EL's before announcing any more..

Comment

• Hello Julian, are there any older Bathurst Toranas or Falcons in the pipeline, eg 3rd place 1971 or 2nd place 1975 “hint hint”
                                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X