Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing planned in the near future but we're always looking at options... I mentioned it previously on here but interest and orders in the 70's touring cars has really waned in recent years. We might only get orders for a few hundred models, and when the MOQ's are around 800-1000, that makes it impossible to justify.
    We'll see though. Hopefully we can find some ways to get more done like we did with the 1976 HDT Bathurst L34's and the 1971 HDT Sandown XU1's where we were able to combine production to make it work.

Comment

• Julian---Has Biante done away with the 1:43 Legend Series cars? There hasn't been a new release in quite a while...

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
        We're still hoping to sneak the EL's into Q2 but it will be touch and go at the moment. It will be relying on production to go smoothly though (of which the EF/EL's haven't had the best of luck with).

We will also try to at least release some of the outstanding EF/EL's before announcing any more..

Cool thanks Julian for the update on the ELs, so to clarify do you mean that both the CAT EL Expo John Bowe and the DJR EL Bathurst will hopefully be released in Q2 are they both in production at moment?

Makes sense to release the outstanding ones first before announcing more, fingers crossed they aren't delayed again as the EF/EL's haven't had the best of luck since Richard Poole announced the program under the Apex Replicas banner back in 2013 we have only seen 1 EF and 1 EL released to date in almost 6 years.

Hopefully you guys as you mentioned in a previous post here can find a way to bring them out to market quicker without more delays as there are some cool cars to come from the EF/EL i.e the 95 and 97 ATCC winners, Castrol and Mitre 10, Komatsu Alan Jones ELs plus the other GSR and DJR ones as well to be released after the Ford Credit EF 96 Bathurst and DJR Shell Helix EL.
        Last edited by biante2326; 10-04-2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
          Julian---Has Biante done away with the 1:43 Legend Series cars? There hasn't been a new release in quite a while...
          We will still do the occasional Legend Series where we can. However, with 43rds and older touring cars both being down in popularity a bit at the moment, it's difficult to get enough orders for production.
          There's a few in early development at the moment though so you haven't seen the last of them yet!

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post

Cool thanks Julian for the update on the ELs, so to clarify do you mean that both the CAT EL Expo John Bowe and the DJR EL Bathurst will hopefully be released in Q2 are they both in production at moment?

Makes sense to release the outstanding ones first before announcing more, fingers crossed they aren't delayed again as the EF/EL's haven't had the best of luck since Richard Poole announced the program under the Apex Replicas banner back in 2013 we have only seen 1 EF and 1 EL released to date in almost 6 years.

Hopefully you guys as you mentioned in a previous post here can find a way to bring them out to market quicker without more delays as there are some cool cars to come from the EF/EL i.e the 95 and 97 ATCC winners, Castrol and Mitre 10, Komatsu Alan Jones ELs plus the other GSR and DJR ones as well to be released after the Ford Credit EF 96 Bathurst and DJR Shell Helix EL.
          Yes, the 2 current EL's are in production now.
          There's plenty of EF/EL's to come so it's definitely a priority for us to sort their production out.

Comment

• Just out of interest Julian, if you could make the numbers work, what car would you personally want to make?
            Like we all have something that we remember fondly, one of mine is an Oyster metallic VH commodore wagon, very much doubt even trax will get around to it, let alone biante

Comment

Yes, the 2 current EL's are in production now.
              There's plenty of EF/EL's to come so it's definitely a priority for us to sort their production out.
              Awesome thanks for the info Julian thats cool to hear that they are both in production the EL's, hopefully the production isnt hampered by any delays and they can be sneaked into this Qtr2 for release.

Hope you guys can as I mentioned they have suffered to many setbacks and delays to production the EF and ELs in that I'd hate to think how many Apex would have released by now if there wasnt so many delays in the last 6 years.

I have a question on there production and announcements is it like going to be one EF announced and then an EL, or is it going to be like say a few ELs then followed by some EFs?
              Last edited by biante2326; 12-04-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Hey guys

The first 1:18 ZB's have just left the factory so should be here late April/May. New pics are up on the 'In Transit' section on the website home page.

The 1:12's always take longer to produce but they're progressing well. We're hoping to start receiving them in early Q3 this year. Pics of the prototypes are on the website.

The 1:18 2019 Bathurst 12hr Porsche should be done by Spark at some stage so it's hopefully only a matter of time.

The first lot of ZB's should be later in Q2 at this stage.
                Julian >> Where can I find the "Pics of the prototypes are on the website" ?

Thanks

Comment

• Hi Julian,

Biante have made Australian coupes, utes, sedans and panel vans in the past. Has Biante got any plans to make wagons? I'm a 1:18 scale Holden collector and also trying to fill some gaps in the Holden range. Does Biante have any plans to produce Holdens Statesmens, or an EJ sedan ?

I'm hearing rumors that a competitor is proposing to release 1:18 Monaro Bathurst winners for 1968 and 1969. I know Biante don't release back issues however I have noticed from time to time some manufacturers re release models with a small variance eg Car + trophy, making it not the same release as the original. Any chance Biante may release these models with minor changes / additions in the future.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by viking View Post
                    Just out of interest Julian, if you could make the numbers work, what car would you personally want to make?
                    Like we all have something that we remember fondly, one of mine is an Oyster metallic VH commodore wagon, very much doubt even trax will get around to it, let alone biante
                    I would like to see Mark Winterbottom's #41 Milligan's AU Falcon Championship Winner from the 2003 Konica Development Series

Comment

• Originally posted by viking View Post
                      Just out of interest Julian, if you could make the numbers work, what car would you personally want to make?
                      That's a tough one actually. If I were being a little selfish I guess I would have to pick cars that I've owned/own. However, there's a some projects that are in various stages of development now (a few of which will be years away) that I think the collectors will be excited to see. I probably get a kick out of that more than anything now tbh.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post

Awesome thanks for the info Julian thats cool to hear that they are both in production the EL's, hopefully the production isnt hampered by any delays and they can be sneaked into this Qtr2 for release.

Hope you guys can as I mentioned they have suffered to many setbacks and delays to production the EF and ELs in that I'd hate to think how many Apex would have released by now if there wasnt so many delays in the last 6 years.

I have a question on there production and announcements is it like going to be one EF announced and then an EL, or is it going to be like say a few ELs then followed by some EFs?
                      At this stage, it will probably be 2 of each type at a time so production can be shared.

Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post

Julian >> Where can I find the "Pics of the prototypes are on the website" ?

Thanks
                      There's 4 1:12 ZB decorated sample prototypes here
                      https://shop.biante.com.au/search?q=b12h18*

Originally posted by Cruzzin View Post
                      Hi Julian,

Biante have made Australian coupes, utes, sedans and panel vans in the past. Has Biante got any plans to make wagons? I'm a 1:18 scale Holden collector and also trying to fill some gaps in the Holden range. Does Biante have any plans to produce Holdens Statesmens, or an EJ sedan ?

I'm hearing rumors that a competitor is proposing to release 1:18 Monaro Bathurst winners for 1968 and 1969. I know Biante don't release back issues however I have noticed from time to time some manufacturers re release models with a small variance eg Car + trophy, making it not the same release as the original. Any chance Biante may release these models with minor changes / additions in the future.

Thanks in advance
                      Wagons are difficult due to the required new toolings over the sedan (some with the longer wheelbase are even more difficult). It makes it hard to justify the extra expense when there's only a very limited amount of variations we can use from the wagon body. However, that doesn't mean they won't happen at all in the future. It's just a matter of finding the right candidate, particularly with opening 1:18's. Resin is a lot easier obviously.

We definitely won't be remaking the 68/69 Bathurst Winners in any scale anytime soon. We prefer to not produce remakes at all let alone of our own models.
                      In saying that though, there's a few Bathurst Winners and other important cars that we think we can do well that have been released by other companies previously. This is more to complete collections and offer a more accurate model that customers want though.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;n653891]

At this stage, it will probably be 2 of each type at a time so production can be shared.

Awesome thanks Julian for answering that along the lines of how you guys do the EBs, so will we then see 2 new EFs announced next please seeing as there's 2 ELs in production at the moment after they have been released thanks.

Comment

• That's a tough one actually. If I were being a little selfish I guess I would have to pick cars that I've owned/own. However, there's a some projects that are in various stages of development now (a few of which will be years away) that I think the collectors will be excited to see. I probably get a kick out of that more than anything now tbh

I always look forward to new stuff, occasionally get googling tho looking at what the rest of the world is up to.
                          Managed to pick up a Chinese release Buick Royaum (Chinese WL statesman) and wonder why more of these things don't make it to Oz.

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                            Awesome thanks Julian for answering that along the lines of how you guys do the EBs, so will we then see 2 new EFs announced next please seeing as there's 2 ELs in production at the moment after they have been released thanks.
                            Not sure exactly yet, but the next 2 probably won't be announced until later in the year.

Originally posted by viking View Post
                            That's a tough one actually. If I were being a little selfish I guess I would have to pick cars that I've owned/own. However, there's a some projects that are in various stages of development now (a few of which will be years away) that I think the collectors will be excited to see. I probably get a kick out of that more than anything now tbh

I always look forward to new stuff, occasionally get googling tho looking at what the rest of the world is up to.
                            Managed to pick up a Chinese release Buick Royaum (Chinese WL statesman) and wonder why more of these things don't make it to Oz.
                            There were also the Monaro based Pontiac GTO models from GMP back in the day. Some interesting things around!

Comment

• Just commending Biante on their brilliant work by releasing the Peter Brock Trophy as a stand alone piece. Will fill many a whole for collectors and I think will prove very popular. Well done Biante!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG20190425092723.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	653902 There were also the Monaro based Pontiac GTO models from GMP back in the day. Some interesting things around!
                                [/QUOTE

Managed to snaffle one back in the day, from Laz's brother I think, Buick came from an Adelaide swap meet and Laz got me the Opel.]

Comment

Working...
                                X