This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Julian,

Any update please on the Seton/Parsons and Jones/Grice EF plus the John Bowe CAT EL and Johnson/Johnson EL your last update thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
      Hi Julian,

Any update please on the Seton/Parsons and Jones/Grice EF plus the John Bowe CAT EL and Johnson/Johnson EL your last update thanks.
      EF's have been delayed until the end of the year due to having to move the tooling unfortunately. EL's are still due in late June at this stage but it will be touch and go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

EF's have been delayed until the end of the year due to having to move the tooling unfortunately. EL's are still due in late June at this stage but it will be touch and go.

Thanks Julian for the update on the EF and ELs, its a shame that the EFs have been delayed once again but at the same time I understand that you guys want the quality to be good so if it means moving the tooling again to a new factory its a win win for everyone rather than rush them out.

At the same time thats good to hear on the ELs, at least they havent been delayed and are still on schedule. I have a question that you may be able to be answer is why cant you guys get the same factory thats doing the ELs to do the EFs as well?

Also any updates on the 2018 Tickford FGXs that you guys recently announced at the start of the year, will they will be made even the Stanaway/Owen Bathurst FGX trubite with the Falcon bird of prey on the side. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numark83 View Post
          Hi Julian, just wanted to say the GTS-R models with opening parts look fantastic and if you make one in Slipstream blue then I'll be your first preorder!
          I'll be the second preorder - I need a 1:18 scale model to match my 1:1!

Comment

• Wow the Seton and Jones EF must be the most cursed models every attempted in this country! Sounds like they are being harder to get made than the first Brock VN was.

Comment

• Just saw the announcement of the cancellations of a bunch of 1:43 and 1:64 cars along with some 1:18's. I can understand why most of these were cancelled, low pre-orders and most are of drivers who have changed teams or are no longer in the series since they were announced. I had all the 1:43 and 1:64 cars except for the 2 car set on pre-order.

There has to be a better way to get these cars made a little faster. Some of these cars, ie: the Nissans were announced back in 2015 or 2016.There hasn't been a NIssan 1:43 produced since Rick Kelly's 2015 Season car arrived in 2017.

I can understand why people are hesitant to pre-order, especially 1:64 & 1:43, when it can take anywhere from 12-18 months or more from announcement to delivery. How do you expect to grow the fan base when there are very few options for the entry level collector. Not everyone can afford to drop $175.00-$200.00 for a 1:18 for their kids.

It's becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. The manufacturers won't make them because the pre-orders aren't there but the fans don't want to plunk down down payments for something that will probably get cancelled anyway.

I know there are stockists who don't charge for pre-orders, mine is one that doesn't, but others do. Just venting....Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                Just saw the announcement of the cancellations of a bunch of 1:43 and 1:64 cars along with some 1:18's. I can understand why most of these were cancelled, low pre-orders and most are of drivers who have changed teams or are no longer in the series since they were announced. I had all the 1:43 and 1:64 cars except for the 2 car set on pre-order.

There has to be a better way to get these cars made a little faster. Some of these cars, ie: the Nissans were announced back in 2015 or 2016.There hasn't been a NIssan 1:43 produced since Rick Kelly's 2015 Season car arrived in 2017.

I can understand why people are hesitant to pre-order, especially 1:64 & 1:43, when it can take anywhere from 12-18 months or more from announcement to delivery. How do you expect to grow the fan base when there are very few options for the entry level collector. Not everyone can afford to drop $175.00-$200.00 for a 1:18 for their kids.

It's becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. The manufacturers won't make them because the pre-orders aren't there but the fans don't want to plunk down down payments for something that will probably get cancelled anyway.

I know there are stockists who don't charge for pre-orders, mine is one that doesn't, but others do. Just venting....Cheers
                i hear you blueduece58. im 1/43 only and pre order all V8'S but if i had to put a deposit down first of say $10 per car in a trust to be returned on cancellation sign me up. im lucky ive dealt with non-dep dealers over many years. i now deal with motorfocus and Dimitri is great. there are many collectors who wait untill models are released to buy but due to lets down have lost faith....usually to factory issues(DELAYS) not our brands faults. i have lost interest 3 or 4 times since 1998 when i started collecting but manage to start again.

Comment

• I usually pre-order Australian cars, but also love looking for models anywhere I can to find ones that tickle my fancy

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                    Thanks Julian for the update on the EF and ELs, its a shame that the EFs have been delayed once again but at the same time I understand that you guys want the quality to be good so if it means moving the tooling again to a new factory its a win win for everyone rather than rush them out.

At the same time thats good to hear on the ELs, at least they havent been delayed and are still on schedule. I have a question that you may be able to be answer is why cant you guys get the same factory thats doing the ELs to do the EFs as well?

Also any updates on the 2018 Tickford FGXs that you guys recently announced at the start of the year, will they will be made even the Stanaway/Owen Bathurst FGX trubite with the Falcon bird of prey on the side. Thanks again.
                    It's a little more complicated with the EF/EL's at the moment but we're hoping to have them coming out with a bit more consistency moving into next year.

The 2018 Tickford FGX's are in production now with the first coming out around July. The Stanaway/Owen car has unfortunately been cancelled though.

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                    Wow the Seton and Jones EF must be the most cursed models every attempted in this country! Sounds like they are being harder to get made than the first Brock VN was.
                    The EF's are definitely the Apex version of the Biante Brock VN. Absolutely hair pulling exercise!

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                    Just saw the announcement of the cancellations of a bunch of 1:43 and 1:64 cars along with some 1:18's. I can understand why most of these were cancelled, low pre-orders and most are of drivers who have changed teams or are no longer in the series since they were announced. I had all the 1:43 and 1:64 cars except for the 2 car set on pre-order.

We know it's frustrating for the collectors when we cancel models. That's why we've still made plenty of them recently that are significantly under our standard MOQ's. The only way we've been able to do this is by paying an exorbitant unit price to get them done. Wherever we can, we try to stick to producing the models we announce.

In regards to the speed of production, there are many factors that contribute to this, a lot of which are very China dependent. Over there, they are going through a constant flux of change which means they are nowhere near as consistent as they used to be. It's a constant juggling act.

With the 43rds and 64ths, I have to be blunt here. They don't sell. And not only that, but the costs of producing them are now through the roof. To make them really financially viable, we need 1000 orders at retail price points of $80-100 and $25 respectively. The math just doesn't work out.
                    Regardless, when we announce our 2019 Supercars we will be announcing them in all 3 scales as we want to provide the opportunity for the market to get behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                      We know it's frustrating for the collectors when we cancel models. That's why we've still made plenty of them recently that are significantly under our standard MOQ's. The only way we've been able to do this is by paying an exorbitant unit price to get them done. Wherever we can, we try to stick to producing the models we announce.

In regards to the speed of production, there are many factors that contribute to this, a lot of which are very China dependent. Over there, they are going through a constant flux of change which means they are nowhere near as consistent as they used to be. It's a constant juggling act.

With the 43rds and 64ths, I have to be blunt here. They don't sell. And not only that, but the costs of producing them are now through the roof. To make them really financially viable, we need 1000 orders at retail price points of $80-100 and $25 respectively. The math just doesn't work out.
                      Regardless, when we announce our 2019 Supercars we will be announcing them in all 3 scales as we want to provide the opportunity for the market to get behind them.
                      Julian---Thank you for shedding some light on that. I will definitely pre-order any 1:43 & 1:64 cars that are announced as I have previously with my stockist. Thankfully for me he doesn't charge a fee for pre-orders unless it's a 1:18.

Have there been any discussion about doing a plain white body 1:43 ZB or Mustang for those who would like to do a Code3 for cars that aren't produced or cancelled....Cheers
                      Last edited by blueduece58; 29-05-2019, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• Just pre-order a couple of the unpopular 1:43's for code 3s and strip them so the pre-order numbers go up and they don't get cancelled

Comment

• Hi Julian > Thanks for last weeks release of the Plain Body White 1:12 VF Commodore V8 Supercar :: That was Very much unexpected - I had to change some plans so I could get one ;-)

Are you also going to do the Falcon FGX 1:12 in the same way ?

They would make an interesting pair :

Just hope ( Money wise ) it's not announced / released this coming week !!!

Comment

• Quick question for Julian, are we still on track for a June delivery of Johnson EL and do you have any pics to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post

Julian---Thank you for shedding some light on that. I will definitely pre-order any 1:43 & 1:64 cars that are announced as I have previously with my stockist. Thankfully for me he doesn't charge a fee for pre-orders unless it's a 1:18.

Have there been any discussion about doing a plain white body 1:43 ZB or Mustang for those who would like to do a Code3 for cars that aren't produced or cancelled....Cheers
                              We've done white plain body models of all our previous Commodore Supercars so there's a good chance the ZB will be done at some stage.

Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                              Hi Julian > Thanks for last weeks release of the Plain Body White 1:12 VF Commodore V8 Supercar :: That was Very much unexpected - I had to change some plans so I could get one ;-)

Are you also going to do the Falcon FGX 1:12 in the same way ?

They would make an interesting pair :

Just hope ( Money wise ) it's not announced / released this coming week !!!
                              Nothing planned for the FGX at this stage but perhaps something to look at for the future.

Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                              Quick question for Julian, are we still on track for a June delivery of Johnson EL and do you have any pics to share?
                              Looking like it might slip into July but it will be close. The production is pretty much finished and we're just waiting on the shipping from the factory.
                              The images on the website will get updated as soon as we receive the production sample.

Comment

• Out of curiosity Julian, when do you expect to see the 1:18 Holden first and last Commodore twin set released, will the vf have the 'last car' banner like the 1:12 version and any images of the planned box they will come in

Comment

Working...
                                X