Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian great news about the Bowe Sierra but can you confirm it will be will an 88 or 89 version?

The text says 1989 but the wheels and Palmer Tubetek signage is the 1988 version and first couple rounds of the 1989 season.

Only asking based on the previous practise of making the version the title or championship position is secured.
    Last edited by Pug205; 01-07-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• I wondered if it was 1988 or 1989 too but it is the 1989 car from Armaroo park that year when JB won.

Comment

• Ahh makes sense once you read the blurb on the page! Thanks Socony.

I hope this car is a good seller because I am selfish and would really like a 1992 Bowe car for the collection. That season Bowe was super fast and really took the mantle of top DJR driver. Combined with the slight signage changes made for a really great looking car.

Comment

• I will be pre-ordering it tomorrow.

Comment

• Julian---Are there any 1:43 Supercars arriving in July? Also any chance of seeing the John Bowe 1989 ATCC in 1:43 scale also?

Comment

• Iím totally with you Pug205. I hope itís a great seller. Iíve always hoped the 88 and 89 championship runner up would be made. Itís a hellova achievement to finish 1,2 in a season and Iím with you on the 92 car. Maybe the wanaroo round winner. Last ATCC win for the Sierra.

Comment

• Hi Julian, Great news of the announcement on the John Bowe ATCC runner up #18 DJR Sierra will be pre ordering this, is there any chance if this goes well of possibly the Radisich/Allam #18 2nd place Bathurst 1990 as well in the future please.

Also any futher updates please on the Tickford Racing FGXs and the Moffat 73 Retro FGX to when we may see them available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                  Yes, yes and triple yes for the John Bowe #18 Sierra. Iíve been wanting, pleading and hoping that one of these would get made. Thanks very much Biante itís absolutely made my day. Youíll have my pre order later when I get home.
                  You canít think about the DJR Shell Sierras without thinking of Dick Johnson and John Bowe!!
                  Originally posted by Tonedaforce View Post
                  I haven't posted in ages but thanks Biante for finally making a Bowe #18 Sierra!!! Will pre-order through my local guy as soon as he lists it. I remember seeing the 1989 round at Amaroo when I was 9 years old at my uncle's joint. Fell in love with Sierras (and Amaroo) on that day. Can't wait!
                  Glad you guys are happy! Was just reading JB's post on the facebook page talking about how he burnt his foot to the bone getting it to the finishing line. Crazy story.

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                  Julian great news about the Bowe Sierra but can you confirm it will be will an 88 or 89 version?

The text says 1989 but the wheels and Palmer Tubetek signage is the 1988 version and first couple rounds of the 1989 season.

Only asking based on the previous practise of making the version the title or championship position is secured.
                  As the guys have pointed out, definitely 89. Early in the year they ran the BBS rims and similar 88 livery. It was important to base the car off a race winner and being the first round suited it well.

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                  Julian---Are there any 1:43 Supercars arriving in July? Also any chance of seeing the John Bowe 1989 ATCC in 1:43 scale also?
                  Nothing coming down at the moment but the next big lot of Supercars should be in Sept at this stage.

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                  Hi Julian, Great news of the announcement on the John Bowe ATCC runner up #18 DJR Sierra will be pre ordering this, is there any chance if this goes well of possibly the Radisich/Allam #18 2nd place Bathurst 1990 as well in the future please.

Also any futher updates please on the Tickford Racing FGXs and the Moffat 73 Retro FGX to when we may see them available?
                  We only have one other Sierra on the radar at the moment and it's not that one sorry.

You will start to see the FGX's in July/August.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

Glad you guys are happy! Was just reading JB's post on the facebook page talking about how he burnt his foot to the bone getting it to the finishing line. Crazy story.

As the guys have pointed out, definitely 89. Early in the year they ran the BBS rims and similar 88 livery. It was important to base the car off a race winner and being the first round suited it well.

Nothing coming down at the moment but the next big lot of Supercars should be in Sept at this stage.

We only have one other Sierra on the radar at the moment and it's not that one sorry.

You will start to see the FGX's in July/August.

Thanks Julian for that , all good maybe one day for the DJR #18 1990 Bathurst runner up.

Look forward to seeing the FGXs soon, gonna be a good couple of months with these and the ELs coming great news for a Ford collector thanks again.
                    Last edited by biante2326; 04-07-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• We only have one other Sierra on the radar at the moment and it's not that one sorry.

Any clues on that one?

Comment

• Yes I wondered what the other Sierra on the radar might be too.
                        Would it be a DJR car? Dick's first win in 87 which I think was the first win in the world for the RS500, Bowe 88 championship runner up or 92, last win, Bathurst 88 second place with was car #18 but Johnson & Bowe took it over after #17 was out or Bathurst 87 or 90 which haven't been done.
                        If it's another car what would it be, A late Glenn Seton car, Bathurst runner up ANZ car, a Bond Caltex car or the Peanut Slab Sierra????
                        Something to ponder if nothing else.
                        Awesome work thanks Biante!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hi Julian, just seen in the website under in transit that the DJR EL is in there. Production sample looks awesome can't wait to my hands on it so when likely in July will we see it released thanks.

Comment

• Love the now updated images for the 1:18 Holden twin set.

Comment

• Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post

Any clues on that one?
                              A certain famous driver's last win in Aus

Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                              Hi Julian, just seen in the website under in transit that the DJR EL is in there. Production sample looks awesome can't wait to my hands on it so when likely in July will we see it released thanks.
                              We jumped the gun a little early again with these. They were supposed to be in a container leaving yesterday but got word late last night that they didn't make it. They should now be arriving mid to late Aug although I don't want to guarantee anything. Every time I get told they're finished, they are then delayed again. Extremely frustrating.

Originally posted by vywgn View Post
                              Love the now updated images for the 1:18 Holden twin set.
                              It's come out very well. It's a shame we couldn't show the packaging earlier as it really gives it more impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post

A certain famous driver's last win in Aus
                                I will go out on a limb and say it is a Colin Bond 1992 Sierra

Comment

Working...
                                X