This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
    The only reason I said the Grice / Percy VN was because I was asking about Bathurst podium cars and I think that was the only VN to finish with a Bathurst podium
    Correct. It's the closest a VN Commodore came to winning the 1000. It and the VB (Never really had a decent shot) are the only model Commodore's not to win at the Mountain....thus far

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Correct. It's the closest a VN Commodore came to winning the 1000. It and the VB (Never really had a decent shot) are the only model Commodore's not to win at the Mountain....thus far
      Brock never raced the VB at the mountain did he??? he was in a VC trimmed car by the time Bathurst come around ???

Comment

Correct again. I don't believe any top team raced a VB at Bathurst. The VB Commodore was released in Oct 1978,
        but they didn't start to race it at Bathurst till the 1980 season by which time the VC was on already on sale.

So I guess technically, the VN is the only Commodore model never to win at Bathurst. VF gets its first shot this year.

Comment

Hey Julian, with the announcement of DJ signing models again, what does this mean for the future DJR V8SC's?

Also, any plans for a certain green Mustang from the mid 80's?

Comment

Correct again. I don't believe any top team raced a VB at Bathurst. The VB Commodore was released in Oct 1978,
            but they didn't start to race it at Bathurst till the 1980 season by which time the VC was on already on sale.

So I guess technically, the VN is the only Commodore model never to win at Bathurst. VF gets its first shot this year.
            1980 Geoghegan/Gulson VB Commodore 3rd outright.

Comment

Originally posted by <Jonboy> View Post
              Hey Julian, with the announcement of DJ signing models again, what does this mean for the future DJR V8SC's?

As far as I'm aware Apex now has the rights for DJR's current V8SC

Comment

Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                I would buy a Lansvale car in a heartbeat if someone would make one. Be it either type of VL, VN, VP, or early VS days. We lived in Lansvale as the team started up and would later by chance end up knowing someone in the team so would get to sit in the cars as kids and as big kids! So I have fond memories of those cars.
                Ditto here - I loved the Lansvale team, a bunch of battlers who treated their fans better than most - My son on many occasions spoke to the drivers & got to sit in the cars.

Ashby & Reed were 2 of the nicest people I have ever met.

McGraths at Liverpool still have a large block mounted poster on the wall in their service centre reception area & I have asked to buy it from them but no deal. I was told that they would never part with it regardless of money.

I only collect Brock cars but I would buy any Lansvale car if & when they released them.

Comment

Originally posted by ratster70 View Post
                  As far as I'm aware Apex now has the rights for DJR's current V8SC
                  hence me putting "Future" in there

Comment

Originally posted by <Jonboy> View Post

Apologies for the late reply mate. Currently in China.
                    Apex are making the DJR V8's so we're just concentrating on the historic stuff atm.

We're always looking at new projects and the Mustangs have always been a car we wanted to get around too. With 3 companies now in the game it makes it more difficult to decide what to prioritise now though.
                    Last edited by Julian Fogarty; 23-07-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by david5 View Post
                      1980 Geoghegan/Gulson VB Commodore 3rd outright.
                      Not a top team, but a top effort. Every model of Commodore has made it to the podium.
                      Not a bad record to have at the end of it's career....when ever that comes

Comment

After watching the You Tube video about cabbies how about a HQ/J/X/Z Kingswood?

Comment

Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                          Apologies for the late reply mate. Currently in China.
                          Apex are making the DJR V8's so we're just concentrating on the historic stuff atm.

We're always looking at new projects and the Mustangs have always been a car we wanted to get around too. With 3 companies now in the game it makes it more difficult to decide what to prioritise now though.
                          thanks Julian

Comment

Not a top team, but a top effort. Every model of Commodore has made it to the podium.
                            Not a bad record to have at the end of it's career....when ever that comes
                            Great stat . . . But I'm sure if we look closely into it, probably every model Falcon has also made it to the podium? Does anyone wanna have a look?
                            Last edited by Masterblaster; 23-07-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Julian, thanks for making yourself available on the forum. Can you please give me an indication of where biante are at with 1/64 and 1/43 scale models in particular the Brock Bathurst cars, still a few gaps including the ones that have been done in 1/18. Are these scales no longer a focus.?

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
                                Great stat . . . But I'm sure if we look closely into it, probably every model Falcon has also made it to the podium? Does anyone wanna have a look?
                                Haha I don't think you would have posted this if you were not already sure of the answer

Comment

Working...
                                X