Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad you enjoyed the updates guys. There will be a vid on the announcements as well soon.

Comment

• hey William & Julian,

great video, but one thing was not said about the 1:64s is that there pop riveted to getter now like a hotwheels car, but all good two see them coming out again and great to see them in a box as well
      and you can put me down for 1 of them Townsville delivery's thanks in 1:64th

cheers wazza

Comment

• Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
        hey William & Julian,

great video, but one thing was not said about the 1:64s is that there pop riveted to getter now like a hotwheels car, but all good two see them coming out again and great to see them in a box as well
        and you can put me down for 1 of them Townsville delivery's thanks in 1:64th

cheers wazza
        The 64ths won't be riveted Warren. They'll have the normal small screws that they've always had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
          The 64ths won't be riveted Warren. They'll have the normal small screws that they've always had.
          well that's great to know Julian thanks you, but the ones you had at the expo had them on them so that's how I new that's all so we are not having them the same as before but going the same way as CC 1:64s box to hold them in yeah, also fordmad17 said he will have 4 of them as I know gets them too
          Last edited by wazza002; 22-02-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

well that's great to know Julian thanks you, but the ones you had at the expo had them on them so that's how I new that's all so we are not having them the same as before but going the same way as CC 1:64s box to hold them in yeah, also fordmad17 said he will have 4 of them as I know gets them too
            I see what you mean now. They have small rivet like locating pins to secure the chassis to the body but the model itself was held down to the base by a screw. The 64ths have always had these pins as far as I'm aware. The new V8's however will have screws to hold down the chassis.
            Last edited by Julian Fogarty; 23-02-2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I see what you mean now. They have small rivet like locating pins to secure the chassis to the body but the model itself was held down to the base by a screw. The 64ths have always had these pins as far as I'm aware. The new V8's however will have screws to hold down the chassis.
              No never had rivets in any of the cars mate, now drew and I will have some 1:64s of the Townsville models ok mate thanks

cheers wazza

Comment

No never had rivets in any of the cars mate, now drew and I will have some 1:64s of the Townsville models ok mate thanks

cheers wazza
                Warren, this image shows the old HK Monaro and XC Falcon next to the new XY. You can see the HK and XC don't have screws. I just checked the XE as well and no screws.

Comment

Warren, this image shows the old HK Monaro and XC Falcon next to the new XY. You can see the HK and XC don't have screws. I just checked the XE as well and no screws.
                  Well there you go I was wrong from time to time lol, but well done you do a great Job Julian

cheers wazza

Did I say we what them 64s from Townsville hahahaha

Comment

• Any chance of doing a HQ ute or Sandman ute in 1:18 Julian, you would have the majority of the tooling already I assume?

Comment

• Just watched you new video. Very interesting. If you want requests, can you either do the 3 cars HDT used in the 1979 Repco Round Australia rally which Brock won, or the 3 team cars for Holden HSV when they ran the 1995 Mobil 1 Australia Trial and Ordynski won in the Commodore. 1/18 please.

Comment

• I'll grab a set of those Townsville 64ths too !

Comment

• Julian---Love the videos, keep them coming. Also glad to hear that the 1:64 line will be resurrected. I do have a question on the 1:64's. The way I understand the video is that the boxes will be the same dimension as before but the difference will be there will be no Acrylic hard case. Will the cars still come on a base or will they be more like what Classic Carlectables are doing with their 1:64's?

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                            Julian---Love the videos, keep them coming. Also glad to hear that the 1:64 line will be resurrected. I do have a question on the 1:64's. The way I understand the video is that the boxes will be the same dimension as before but the difference will be there will be no Acrylic hard case. Will the cars still come on a base or will they be more like what Classic Carlectables are doing with their 1:64's?
                            Hey Ed I think it maybe like the CC have done with there box and the inside plastic insert mate, then again I maybe wrong on that too haha

Comment

Well there you go I was wrong from time to time lol, but well done you do a great Job Julian

cheers wazza

Did I say we what them 64s from Townsville hahahaha
                              All good! Just thought I'd set the record straight so there's no confusion.
                              Requests for the Townsville 1:64's noted!

Originally posted by Sandman77 View Post
                              Any chance of doing a HQ ute or Sandman ute in 1:18 Julian, you would have the majority of the tooling already I assume?
                              Yep, good chance at some stage. I've been working with the factory to try get them onto a ute for quite a while now. Unfortunately there was a lot more work involved with the HQ series Sandmans than we first thought so it took much longer than expected. Hopefully the ute won't be too far away.

Originally posted by malscar View Post
                              Just watched you new video. Very interesting. If you want requests, can you either do the 3 cars HDT used in the 1979 Repco Round Australia rally which Brock won, or the 3 team cars for Holden HSV when they ran the 1995 Mobil 1 Australia Trial and Ordynski won in the Commodore. 1/18 please.
                              We definitely want to do the VB's at some stage but the VR's are unlikely, at least at the moment anyway.

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                              Julian---Love the videos, keep them coming. Also glad to hear that the 1:64 line will be resurrected. I do have a question on the 1:64's. The way I understand the video is that the boxes will be the same dimension as before but the difference will be there will be no Acrylic hard case. Will the cars still come on a base or will they be more like what Classic Carlectables are doing with their 1:64's?
                              Warren is right on this one. It will be a folding design similar to the CC one but still have the regular sized outer box.

Comment

• VR Mobil trial would be nice, VB Repco would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X