This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
    Hey Ed I think it maybe like the CC have done with there box and the inside plastic insert mate, then again I maybe wrong on that too haha
    Wazza----That would work for me. I am just happy that Biante are going to start making 1:64's again. I am slowly running out of room to display the 1:43's....Hopefully Biante can go back and make some of the 1:64's from 2011 - 2015 also.

Comment

• Hi Julian/William, I had a thought while I was cringing over the way you guys manhandle the models. What do you do with the samples and prototype models? Have you thought about auctioning some of them off for charity, like Trax do?

Comment

• Originally posted by spolyhronidis View Post
        Hi Julian/William, I had a thought while I was cringing over the way you guys manhandle the models. What do you do with the samples and prototype models? Have you thought about auctioning some of them off for charity, like Trax do?
        Haha when you are dealing with samples day in day out, they lose a bit of their special aura unfortunately so sometimes we're perhaps a little rougher with them than we should be!

Once we have finished with the development of the model though, the prototype samples go into our archive together with a production sample (plus any other little bits we used along the way). We do this as we often have to go back to them while developing new versions of the model. We sometimes give the occasional one away but generally we only have the one prototype so we need that for our archive and future reference. We would love to able give more away or auction for charity but generally they're needed at a later date.

Comment

• cool, thanks for the reply.

Comment

• I am going to imagine that there is a room full of prototypes and production samples ala Ironmans Hall of Armour (to make a nerd reference) and it is glorious
            PS please don't anyone dispel my prototype room fantasy by telling me they are in a box in a warhouse

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
              I am going to imagine that there is a room full of prototypes and production samples ala Ironmans Hall of Armour (to make a nerd reference) and it is glorious
              PS please don't anyone dispel my prototype room fantasy by telling me they are in a box in a warhouse
              Haha that is exactly what it's like

Comment

• Well you know what Julian, you can send them my way and I can put them on show here hahaha

Comment

Well you know what Julian, you can send them my way and I can put them on show here hahaha
                  I think you have at least one of them! One of the resin VE Maloo prototypes I think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                    I think you have at least one of them! One of the resin VE Maloo prototypes I think?
                    haha yeah, but you can send the others over here but, so there not taken up good storage space lol

Comment

haha yeah, but you can send the others over here but, so there not taken up good storage space lol
                      What, you only have bad storage space. Can send the Maloo this way thanks.

Oh, you will need to wait a while as your not allowed to lift things are you.

Comment

• Originally posted by malscar View Post
                        What, you only have bad storage space. Can send the Maloo this way thanks.

Oh, you will need to wait a while as your not allowed to lift things are you.
                        No mate, I'm after the cars binate has demo cars in boxes in the warehouse lol that's why I said to send them here to put them on show in my cabinet hahaha

Comment

• [QUOTE=Julian Fogarty;570133]Thanks for the feedback everyone. There's definitely a few things to fix for next time but as a whole we were pretty pleased how it went first time out.

Thanks! Jones EB should see a release in either March or April.

Thanks Julian for the update on the Jones EB 1/18 which month will be most likely out of March and April please? Also I know that you guys just recently announced these but is there a ETA release date on the Jones EB 1/43 resin and the EL GT 1/18 Navy Blue please? Im looking forward to the 2nd EL GT as was very happy with the Heritage green great job by you guys on it looks so accurate thanks again.

Comment

• With Erebus moving to Holdens, what are the chances of Biante making some more of their Mercedes'? (Liveries that I was thinking of were the Davison Solar livery from the first half of last year and the livery Slade ran in the US back in 2013.)

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post
                              Thanks Julian for the update on the Jones EB 1/18 which month will be most likely out of March and April please? Also I know that you guys just recently announced these but is there a ETA release date on the Jones EB 1/43 resin and the EL GT 1/18 Navy Blue please? Im looking forward to the 2nd EL GT as was very happy with the Heritage green great job by you guys on it looks so accurate thanks again.
                              No worries at all. Looking like this month for the 1:18 Jones EB. 43rd version will probably land around mid year, and the blue EL GT probably around Q3.

Originally posted by James3592 View Post
                              With Erebus moving to Holdens, what are the chances of Biante making some more of their Mercedes'? (Liveries that I was thinking of were the Davison Solar livery from the first half of last year and the livery Slade ran in the US back in 2013.)
                              We would like to make more but the order numbers have been pretty low on the Mercs. Hopefully we can make some more work though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                                We would like to make more but the order numbers have been pretty low on the Mercs. Hopefully we can make some more work though.
                                Julian---Will you still be making the 2013 - 2015 Merc's in 1:43

Comment

Working...
                                X