This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not wait for the 64ths again.
    In regards to the DJRTP ones.... if they run multiple liveries will you guys make them all (in any scale ) like the HRT cars of last season?
    And also, same question as pug but for the LDM cars

Comment

• Just curious as to whether there will be more cars in the Modern Historics collection?

A 2002 Green-Eyed Monster livery would look damn good on an FG-X...

Comment

• Originally posted by James3592 View Post
        Just curious as to whether there will be more cars in the Modern Historics collection?

A 2002 Green-Eyed Monster livery would look damn good on an FG-X...
        yeah why not do them Historic cars in 1:64s as well William Hall thanks

Comment

• Come off it Wazza, how are you going to afford them with all the V8 and DJR cars that will be coming out.

Comment

• William or Julian---I just saw that this car will be arriving soon: 2015 Gold Coast 600 Preston Hire VF Commodore Holdsworth/Bourdais 1:18. Will there also be a 1:43 in the future?

Cheers...Ed

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
              William or Julian---I just saw that this car will be arriving soon: 2015 Gold Coast 600 Preston Hire VF Commodore Holdsworth/Bourdais 1:18. Will there also be a 1:43 in the future?

Cheers...Ed
              Hi Ed, we're hoping to but we'll see how popular the 1:18 is and if we can fit it in the schedule.

Comment

• I would think the less popular V8SC's would sell better in 1:43 as there are many who like to collect the whole grid whereas in 1:18 people tend to limit their collection more (for obvious reasons)

Comment

• Agreed, 1/43 allows me to collect V8SC, F1, and LeMans. 1/18 quickly leads to space limitations.

Comment

• I would have to agree with both spiderken17 & SteveK51 about producing all V8Supercars in 1:43 or at least 1:64. Unfortunately for me 1:18 take up to much room and the cost can get prohibitive if your like me and get 1 of every V8 scheme released. This is why I am thrilled to see Biante resurrecting the 1:64 scale.

Comment

• Couldn't agree more with what's already been said.
                      I think the smaller scales are just fantastic and due to the price, we as collectors are able to have varying collections with more product.

Comment

• Well I'm totally the opposite sorry 1:18's all the way here
                        I have been buying a few less of late but that is because of overseas travelling no other reason
                        But I do feel for the guys that collect the smaller scales they seem to have been forgotten about in the last few years by all the manufacturers.
                        Hopefully they are reborn to keep these guys collecting also

Comment

• I'm with Mr Ratster, only 1:18's here as well (besides HW's ), different strokes for different folks, but agree share the love with the smaller scales.

Comment

• If they had come out in a timely fashion when they were announced, I'd have bought some 1/43 Mercedes' and SVGs. Sure it didn't run well but the 2013 SP Tools AMG for Maro Engel looked fantastic.

If the only option is 1/18 I *might* get a STIX SVG, or maybe none at all. So that's a handful of cars bought in one scale versus maybe zero in the other. And I can't buy either scale as long as the potential 1/43 release is indefinitely on hold but still possible.

So gauging the viability of the 1/43 based on 1/18 sales doesn't hold water in my opinion.

Comment

• We don't completely gauge the popularity of the 43rds on the 18th's but generally it gives us an idea. For example for every 100 orders we get for a 1:18, we will probably get around 40-50 for the equivalent in 43rd. It's not a set rule but it gives us something to work with. We also have other methods/experience on how to garner a models popularity as well.
                              The bottom line, however, is at the moment no one is ordering 1:43rds (or anywhere near enough to guarantee production). So when we say we're unsure of a 1:43 model then it's for a good reason. We keep trying to find ways to do it but it is extremely expensive to produce such small runs. This is why nearly all 43rd production will probably head towards resin from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                                This is why nearly all 43rd production will probably head towards resin from now on.
                                Will the tyres still roll on the resin 43rds of the future?

Comment

Working...
                                X