This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
    We don't completely gauge the popularity of the 43rds on the 18th's but generally it gives us an idea. For example for every 100 orders we get for a 1:18, we will probably get around 40-50 for the equivalent in 43rd. It's not a set rule but it gives us something to work with. We also have other methods/experience on how to garner a models popularity as well.
    The bottom line, however, is at the moment no one is ordering 1:43rds (or anywhere near enough to guarantee production). So when we say we're unsure of a 1:43 model then it's for a good reason. We keep trying to find ways to do it but it is extremely expensive to produce such small runs. This is why nearly all 43rd production will probably head towards resin from now on.
    Could this also be because, as it stands currently, Biante has only produced 2- 1:43 V8 Supercars (2015 Star Wars) since they announced they were making 1:43 V8's again. Collectors are probably getting tired of pre-ordering 1:43's (I know I am) and then when they are expected to be released they keep getting told they have been delayed. Right now I have 9-2013, 10-2014 and 16-2015 1:43 V8's currently on pre-order from my stockist and only 2 of those 35 cars (2015 Star Wars 1:43's) have been produced and delivered.

I know for sure I am going to wait to order any 2016 cars of any scale until some of my 1:43 pre-orders start to arrive. I would have no problem if Biante made the 1:43's in resin to control costs.

I only started collecting 1:43's because Biante discontinued the 1:64 line. With the resurrection of 1:64's I will probably switch back.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
      Could this also be because, as it stands currently, Biante has only produced 2- 1:43 V8 Supercars (2015 Star Wars) since they announced they were making 1:43 V8's again. Collectors are probably getting tired of pre-ordering 1:43's (I know I am) and then when they are expected to be released they keep getting told they have been delayed. Right now I have 9-2013, 10-2014 and 16-2015 1:43 V8's currently on pre-order from my stockist and only 2 of those 35 cars (2015 Star Wars 1:43's) have been produced and delivered.

I know for sure I am going to wait to order any 2016 cars of any scale until some of my 1:43 pre-orders start to arrive. I would have no problem if Biante made the 1:43's in resin to control costs.

I only started collecting 1:43's because Biante discontinued the 1:64 line. With the resurrection of 1:64's I will probably switch back.
      Could be a factor for sure, but what are we to do when we have the factory running at 100% production with a back log of almost 3 years worth of models? We have to prioritize somewhere and when the 1:18's are selling 3 times as many as 43rd's we need to make the tough decisions. The 43rd's are coming though, in fact the next lot will be out in the next week or 2.
      There's so many more factors that can negatively affect what we do and in the majority of cases people don't have access to this information (perfect example are the VN's and VF's). This sometimes doesn't reflect well on us even though it has been completely out of our control, however we are always striving to get as much out as we can and cater to as many tastes as possible, whilst running a business. Unfortunately it can be a real juggling act sometimes!

Comment

This is why nearly all 43rd production will probably head towards resin from now on.
        No problems with that. Just use Spark please.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree. been waiting for 2012 and onwards. I have questioned my collecting in the last 12 months and for someone who collects all 1/43 from all brands I'm getting disallusioned with biante's expected release dates. I know factory set backs are unavoidable and I accept that but releasing 2015 cars in quick smart time has me wondering.......resin dosnt bother me either as long as they are produced. please take this as frustration not criticism. cheers dave

Comment

Could be a factor for sure, but what are we to do when we have the factory running at 100% production with a back log of almost 3 years worth of models? We have to prioritize somewhere and when the 1:18's are selling 3 times as many as 43rd's we need to make the tough decisions. The 43rd's are coming though, in fact the next lot will be out in the next week or 2.
            There's so many more factors that can negatively affect what we do and in the majority of cases people don't have access to this information (perfect example are the VN's and VF's). This sometimes doesn't reflect well on us even though it has been completely out of our control, however we are always striving to get as much out as we can and cater to as many tastes as possible, whilst running a business. Unfortunately it can be a real juggling act sometimes!
            gday Julian, what 1/43's are expected in the next couple of weeks ? sounds good...

Comment

• Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
              I'm inclined to agree. been waiting for 2012 and onwards. I have questioned my collecting in the last 12 months and for someone who collects all 1/43 from all brands I'm getting disallusioned with biante's expected release dates. I know factory set backs are unavoidable and I accept that but releasing 2015 cars in quick smart time has me wondering.......resin dosnt bother me either as long as they are produced. please take this as frustration not criticism. cheers dave
              Fair enough. We know it can be extremely frustrating for you guys. I just wish you could see our reactions when something gets delayed for the umpteenth time here in the office... It's not a pretty sight. It's actually quite heartbreaking watching a project that you've been working hard on for a long time suffer delay after delay. And then to add to that we have to try communicate that delay to you guys in a professional manner while there's really steam coming out of our ears!

Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
              gday Julian, what 1/43's are expected in the next couple of weeks ? sounds good...
              Should be the HRT 2015 season and test cars. Both JC and GT.
              Then next month we should have a stack (8-10 hopefully) of other VF Supercars

Comment

• Originally posted by William Hall View Post
                Hi Guys, I'm up in China with the Research team and if you follow my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/williamhalldiecast/ you might have seen pics of this little gem..

I've got to say how proud I am of our team. This model is an absolute cracker. It's the Series II VF SS Redline, so it has all the latest little details on it like the vents in the bonnet etc. We are yet to finalise the numbers, but it should be retailing for under $200, but still has everything that we expect from a diecast - 6 opening parts, steering, suspension all round even the front seats slide backwards and forwards, Oh and it's Diecast! Did I mention that.

Its only a first shot, so there are still some things that we want to fix/change/update, so you probably won't hear much from us for a few months, but hopefully in the first few months of 2016 we will be able to show off some decorated samples and announce final colours, pricing etc.

Hopefully you can feel the excitement from this end! 2016 should be an exciting year!
                Hi, Any update on this model - looking forward for it to be released

Comment

Fair enough. We know it can be extremely frustrating for you guys. I just wish you could see our reactions when something gets delayed for the umpteenth time here in the office... It's not a pretty sight. It's actually quite heartbreaking watching a project that you've been working hard on for a long time suffer delay after delay. And then to add to that we have to try communicate that delay to you guys in a professional manner while there's really steam coming out of our ears!

Should be the HRT 2015 season and test cars. Both JC and GT.
                  Then next month we should have a stack (8-10 hopefully) of other VF Supercars
                  Julian---Thank you very much for the update. I think nrma dave stated it better than I did. It is more frustration than criticism......

Comment

• Hi guys

is there any chance of a collectors night for the Eastern ck round this year as there was in Melbourne?

Comment

• Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                      Hi guys

is there any chance of a collectors night for the Eastern ck round this year as there was in Melbourne?
                      I second that as well, but I know Biante do Bathurst and it may take it away from that as well so I keep Bathurst one thanks

Comment

• William or Julian---Just saw the notice on the release of the 2015 HRT 1:43's. One question will they come with a cardboard sleeve similar to the Star Wars cars? All the pictures I have seen just show them in the acrylic case......

Comment

William or Julian---Just saw the notice on the release of the 2015 HRT 1:43's. One question will they come with a cardboard sleeve similar to the Star Wars cars? All the pictures I have seen just show them in the acrylic case......
                          Will be in the normal packaging. The images of them only in the case are just for display purposes.

Comment

Will be in the normal packaging. The images of them only in the case are just for display purposes.
                            Julian---Thank you for the quick reply. It looks like the next few months is going to be very expensive for me. Doing the Happy Dance.....

Comment

• No worries, it's great to see some more 43rds coming down that's for sure. You should start to see some nearly every month for a while.

Comment

• Hi Julian,

When will we see more Collectors corner episodes please as they were really great and any more update on the Alan Jones 1/18 EB please? Thanks very much

Comment

Working...
                                X