X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
    Julian---Will these also be made in 1:43 scale:

Holden VF Commodore V8 Supercar - Holden Racing Team #2 - 2015 Sydney 500 HRT 25th Anniversary Livery - Driver: Garth Tander

Holden VF Commodore V8 Supercar - Holden Racing Team #22 - 2015 Sydney 500 HRT 25th Anniversary Livery - Driver: James Courtney
    Should be. Will most likely be in very low numbers though.

Comment

• Oh...cheers

Comment

• Hey guys, any update on Fabians 2014 Lockwood car. Heard rumors you received them and then you rejected them for quality. So are they still coming and if so are they far out? Also did my twin pack idea for the Davison brothers being teammates at the last round of last year take off? Any idea if you could put wet weather tires on Percats Clipsal 500 winner? Thanks Alex

Comment

• Was a little worried (price wise) when I first saw that 1:12 scales cars are coming, but $399 is a great price. Even though I'm not really into V8 Supercars, I'm definitely getting one of these. I know its early days, but is there plans for road cars at some stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_Smith_123 View Post
            Hey guys, any update on Fabians 2014 Lockwood car. Heard rumors you received them and then you rejected them for quality. So are they still coming and if so are they far out? Also did my twin pack idea for the Davison brothers being teammates at the last round of last year take off? Any idea if you could put wet weather tires on Percats Clipsal 500 winner? Thanks Alex
            Correct. They had to be produced again due to poor quality. Look for a release later this month or early June.
            Nothing on the Davison cars sorry, but the Percat car probably won't have the wets on at this stage. Should be an August release though.

Originally posted by Dutchie View Post
            Was a little worried (price wise) when I first saw that 1:12 scales cars are coming, but $399 is a great price. Even though I'm not really into V8 Supercars, I'm definitely getting one of these. I know its early days, but is there plans for road cars at some stage?
            Not at this stage although we never say never.

Comment

• Another episode of BTV is up guys and this time it's Will and Greg discussing the new 1:12 scale and HRT announcements!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkdGutsJOCA

Comment

• 1:12 car looks fantastic. Just need a biante sponsored car to win Bathurst now so I can get one.

Comment

• Hi, could you please tell me when Biante will resume production of the 1:64 scale? Also when will the 1:18, 1:43 and ESPECIALLY the 1:64 scale 2016 DJRpenske Shell Helix Clipsal 500 models be released and will there be both the #17 & #12 cars?

Any other plans for more Dick Johnson or DJRpenske models? 2015 Clipsal 500 Ambrose? EL Falcon?

As I've always said, a DJR Sierra in 1:64 would automatically become my favourite model out of my 70+ models. (plus I'd buy a tonne of them for DJR code3 customs) If Biante ever make any more Sierras a John Bowe one in any scale would be great!! He was with DJR for over 10 years yet there is only one DJR Bowe model.

Comment

• Originally posted by fomoco04 View Post
                    1:12 car looks fantastic. Just need a biante sponsored car to win Bathurst now so I can get one.
                    You'd think we're due for one!

Originally posted by Redcar666 View Post
                    Hi, could you please tell me when Biante will resume production of the 1:64 scale? Also when will the 1:18, 1:43 and ESPECIALLY the 1:64 scale 2016 DJRpenske Shell Helix Clipsal 500 models be released and will there be both the #17 & #12 cars?

We've resumed 1:64 production already. XY's are in production as we speak and the V8's should begin very soon.

Any other plans for more Dick Johnson or DJRpenske models? 2015 Clipsal 500 Ambrose? EL Falcon?

Not at this stage.

As I've always said, a DJR Sierra in 1:64 would automatically become my favourite model out of my 70+ models. (plus I'd buy a tonne of them for DJR code3 customs) If Biante ever make any more Sierras a John Bowe one in any scale would be great!! He was with DJR for over 10 years yet there is only one DJR Bowe model.

Might look at 1:64 Sierra tooling at some point although there's nothing planned just yet.
                    Bowe cars are difficult as we simply don't get enough orders to confidently reach the MOQ's. Lets see what happens though. We'll perhaps give another one a go at some point.

Comment

• Julian,

A thought regarding your comment "Might look at 1:64 Sierra tooling at some point although there's nothing planned just yet.
                      Bowe cars are difficult as we simply don't get enough orders to confidently reach the MOQ's. Lets see what happens though. We'll perhaps give another one a go at some point."

What if you done the 1/64 Shell Sierra's without names and numbers, and added a decal sheet of numbers and names so the buyer could turn it into either of the Johnson or Bowe cars.

You'd probably easily get the required numbers to produce them.

HDT337

Comment

• Originally posted by HDT337 View Post
                        Julian,

A thought regarding your comment "Might look at 1:64 Sierra tooling at some point although there's nothing planned just yet.
                        Bowe cars are difficult as we simply don't get enough orders to confidently reach the MOQ's. Lets see what happens though. We'll perhaps give another one a go at some point."

What if you done the 1/64 Shell Sierra's without names and numbers, and added a decal sheet of numbers and names so the buyer could turn it into either of the Johnson or Bowe cars.

HDT337

I LOVE THAT THOUGHT HDT337 !!!

The one and only DJR John Bowe car the 1993 SHELL FALCON is rare to come by and sells just fine. It's obvious why all the other Bowe cars "don't get enough orders" it's because THEY ARE NOT DJR CARS, WHERE HE SPENT TEN PLUS YEARS OF HIS CAREER!! I'm a huge Bowe fan, but even I wouldn't buy Bowe cars from teams he was in for 5 minutes...

So Julian, you said the 1:64 scale V8 Supercars were coming back very soon...I saw somewhere with the announcement of Biante partnership with DJRpenske that there is going to be 1:64 scale 2016 DJRpenske Shell Helix Clipsal 500 models (as well as 1:43 & 1:18) SO IS THIS DEFINITE ON THE DJR CLIPSAL 500 1:64's AND WILL THERE BE BOTH THE #17 AND #12 CARS IN 1:64 SCALE??

I really appreciate all your help Julian. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by HDT337 View Post
                          Julian,

HDT337
                          That's a great idea but it's something we'd need to crunch the numbers on and look at the ins and outs.
                          The Shell DJR Sierras ran for so many years and even though they all look similar, they each have quite different liveries. We would almost need to start with a plain body red model and put the entire decoration on a decal sheet.
                          I think the majority of diecast collectors appreciate the fact that they don't have to stuff around with decals too much (tobacco signage withstanding). At 1:64 scale it would be extremely difficult for those of us not blessed with dexterous, steady hands. It's definitely a valid thought though!

Originally posted by Redcar666 View Post
                          I LOVE THAT THOUGHT HDT337 !!!

The one and only DJR John Bowe car the 1993 SHELL FALCON is rare to come by and sells just fine. It's obvious why all the other Bowe cars "don't get enough orders" it's because THEY ARE NOT DJR CARS, WHERE HE SPENT TEN PLUS YEARS OF HIS CAREER!! I'm a huge Bowe fan, but even I wouldn't buy Bowe cars from teams he was in for 5 minutes...

So Julian, you said the 1:64 scale V8 Supercars were coming back very soon...I saw somewhere with the announcement of Biante partnership with DJRpenske that there is going to be 1:64 scale 2016 DJRpenske Shell Helix Clipsal 500 models (as well as 1:43 & 1:18) SO IS THIS DEFINITE ON THE DJR CLIPSAL 500 1:64's AND WILL THERE BE BOTH THE #17 AND #12 CARS IN 1:64 SCALE??

I really appreciate all your help Julian. Thank you
                          It's a tough market out there at the moment unfortunately. To give you an idea, the latest EB BNL0001 that both Dick and John drove at Bathurst originally didn't receive enough orders to get to the MOQ of 1000. We had to gamble on making 1000 and then hope we would get late orders to make up the numbers, which fortunately we did. So you can hopefully appreciate if we can't get 1000 orders on a Johnson/Bowe Shell Bathurst Falcon, that it's very questionable we could get anywhere near 1000 for others.
                          We are able to make lower builds in some cases but we have to pay more per unit at a price point that makes it hard to make a business case.
                          All of this is not to say we can't make a stand alone Bowe car, it's just that sometimes it is very difficult to justify financially. However, sit tight, I'm sure we'll be able to make another Bowe DJR work at some stage.

There will definitely be DJR 2016 1:64's for both cars at Clipsal. They may be sometime behind the Commodores though as obviously we only recently locked in the DJR contract and we didn't have any FG-X tooling prior to that.
                          Look to a release in the second half of the year.

Comment

• I for one am very happy Biante did take the leap & make the 93 Bathurst DJR car as it's a lovely model & a great addition to my collection.

Comment

• William or Julian----Any idea on when you might be announcing what 1:64 V8 Supercars you will be making for 2016? Hopefully all teams that you have contracts for....

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                                I for one am very happy Biante did take the leap & make the 93 Bathurst DJR car as it's a lovely model & a great addition to my collection.
                                Glad you liked it!

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                                William or Julian----Any idea on when you might be announcing what 1:64 V8 Supercars you will be making for 2016? Hopefully all teams that you have contracts for....
                                We should have something to announce within the next month or so but we're still yet to confirm every team/car we're making.

Comment

Working...
                                X