X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaken17 View Post
    love the sierra
    Second that and agree would love a Bowe Sierra also. There are plenty from that era that could be made, especially Bathurst editions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
      Can I just say awesome news on the 1991 DJR Sierra, just love all those Shell Sierra's. I still want to see a John Bowe #18 car done with the yellow headlights.
      Also The GSR 1993 Sandown winner, excellent to see it being made, still need the #1 1994 car too. Keep up the good work Biante. Like the matte black XA too. Looks cool!!!
      Glad you like them!

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
      Julian---Can we assume that there will be 1:64's made of the 2016 VASupercar releases just announced? Also will there be any other 2015 1:64 VA Supercars made beside the 4 already announced? Also would it be possible to get a picture of the new 1:64 packaging? Sorry for all the questions and very happy to see 1:64's making a comeback....Cheers
      Yep the 2016 versions will be coming as well.
      At this stage, just those 4 2015 cars will be getting made but we may come back later to do more.
      Don't have any images of the new packaging yet but it's close to a conventional blister pack style except the car will be in a top-down view.

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      I assume the production version of the Slade Winton winner will feature the correct signage (ie: window banner)???
      As mentioned, the livery will be correct once changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
        Yep the 2016 versions will be coming as well.
        At this stage, just those 4 2015 cars will be getting made but we may come back later to do more.
        Don't have any images of the new packaging yet but it's close to a conventional blister pack style except the car will be in a top-down view.
        When you say blister pack view do you mean a card with the car sticking off the front surrounded by plastic, or will they still be in a box like Classic Carlectables current 1:64's just without the acrylic case.

Comment

• Will be interesting to see what they come up like. Wonder if you will be able to hang them on pegs.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
            When you say blister pack view do you mean a card with the car sticking off the front surrounded by plastic, or will they still be in a box like Classic Carlectables current 1:64's just without the acrylic case.
            Yep, that's pretty much what they'll look like. Card with a plastic surround. When looking straight at it you'll be looking at the top of the car if that makes sense.

Comment

• Hey Biante, I have noticed that the 2013 Tekno cars from 2013 are in transit, do you have an ETA for them as I will be buying both and would like to know when i need the money for them. Thanks Alex

Comment

Yep, that's pretty much what they'll look like. Card with a plastic surround. When looking straight at it you'll be looking at the top of the car if that makes sense.
                So like Hot Wheels packaging. Will the cards be thicker than Hotwheels cards and will you be able to hang them like hot Wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                  So like Hot Wheels packaging. Will the cards be thicker than Hotwheels cards and will you be able to hang them like hot Wheels
                  I believe he was trying to indicate that the car will sit on the cardboard, so no you won't be able to hang them like the Hotwheels cars.

Comment

• I guess we'll soon find out hey.

Comment

That's really disappointing to hear as they will be very inconvenient to display that way. Blister pack cars just take up to much display space. Really was hoping for them to still be in a box like before just without the Acrylic case. Something similar to what the 1:64 Classic Carlectables are now packaged in....Oh well it looks like my 1:64 scale collecting is over.....
                      Last edited by blueduece58; 22-06-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

I guess I will take a wait and see approach with the new 1:64's. Thankfully I have not pre-ordered any yet from my stockiest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_Smith_123 View Post
                          Hey Biante, I have noticed that the 2013 Tekno cars from 2013 are in transit, do you have an ETA for them as I will be buying both and would like to know when i need the money for them. Thanks Alex
                          Should be about 2-3 weeks away.

Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                          Pretty much the same except you'll be looking at the top of the car not the side.
                          Not sure on the card thickness but you should be able to hang them as well.

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                          That's really disappointing to hear as they will be very inconvenient to display that way. Blister pack cars just take up to much display space. Really was hoping for them to still be in a box like before just without the Acrylic case. Something similar to what the 1:64 Classic Carlectables are now packaged in....Oh well it looks like my 1:64 scale collecting is over.....

I guess I will take a wait and see approach with the new 1:64's. Thankfully I have not pre-ordered any yet from my stockiest.
                          We had to try something different again to keep the price down and for $15 we don't think it's too bad a deal. The classic cars will be in a box (upcoming XY's at $20) but we feel the price point for the V8's should be lower still. The packaging might not suit everyone but lets see how they go first. I know we can't please everyone but we are trying to find the balance.

Comment

• I rather paqy $20 for the V8s then for a car and box but not a blister pack car where am I

Comment

• dam time out

from before message continue

where am I going to hang a blister pack in a glass cabinet and my wife will not let me put pin holes in the wall to hang them we pay a lot of money for a display cabinets, so sorry binate you need to think more about it and we had this before and change it from the slip on packaging like I said I rather pay $5 more then a blister packaging thanks

anyone else like to keep the boxes
                              Last edited by wazza002; 22-06-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
                                dam time out

from before message continue

where am I going to hang a blister pack in a glass cabinet and my wife will not let me put pin holes in the wall to hang them we pay a lot of money for a display cabinets, so sorry binate you need to think more about it and we had this before and change it from the slip on packaging like I said I rather pay $5 more then a blister packaging thanks

anyone else like to keep the boxes
                                I am with you wazza002. If they are not going to be in boxes like before then I am out. I don't have the room to display them that way. I had display cases made to hold the boxed versions. Besides who wants to look at the top of the car when it is hanging on a wall rather than a side view. I was really looking forward to the 1:64's being resurrected now I am just bummed out completely. I am just wondering what changed between February and now. On post 944 of this thread when asked about the packaging it was stated they would be similar to the current Classic Carlectables 1:64's.

Originally Posted by blueduece58 Julian---Love the videos, keep them coming. Also glad to hear that the 1:64 line will be resurrected. I do have a question on the 1:64's. The way I understand the video is that the boxes will be the same dimension as before but the difference will be there will be no Acrylic hard case. Will the cars still come on a base or will they be more like what Classic Carlectables are doing with their 1:64's?

Warren is right on this one. It will be a folding design similar to the CC one but still have the regular sized outer box.
                                Last edited by blueduece58; 22-06-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X