Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can't please everyone unfortunately. There may still be a possibility to do boxes for the V8's but we'll see how the blister goes first. As mentioned before, we think a lower price point is important for them so let's just see first.

The statement about still having the boxes for 64ths back in Feb was always the case for the classic pre-V8 versions. At that point we were unsure if we were even going to do the V8's in 64th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
      We can't please everyone unfortunately. There may still be a possibility to do boxes for the V8's but we'll see how the blister goes first. As mentioned before, we think a lower price point is important for them so let's just see first.

The statement about still having the boxes for 64ths back in Feb was always the case for the classic pre-V8 versions. At that point we were unsure if we were even going to do the V8's in 64th.
      I can understand that Biante is trying to keep the price point lower but why do 1:64 V8 collectors have to be second class collectors and accept retail packaging that is difficult to display. I will take a wait and see approach until they are released but instead of purchasing all the 1:64 V8 cars produced I may not be buying any at all.

Comment

• I think we have to be grateful we are getting them back at all, and if that means having them in blister packs so be it.

Comment

• 1/18 Brock VN this friday, hell yes

Comment

• Question for William or Julian.

Which DJR\PENSKE models will you be producing and will we see them this year?

Cheers

Aaron

Comment

• I thought Apex were doing them.

Comment

• Nope was announced at Clipsal by Will that biante are making them

Comment

• Oh yeah I do remember that now. Biante are doing 2016 cars. Apex did 2015 cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                    I think we have to be grateful we are getting them back at all, and if that means having them in blister packs so be it.
                    I am very grateful that they are making the V8 1:64's again. I just don't see me getting any if they are on a Blister Pack Card as they won't fit in the display cases I already have for V8 1:64's and I have no wall space to hang them separately. Just my personal preference.

Julian is this something similar to what Biante have planned:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Kyle-...MAAOxy5rpSRsUr

Comment

• They look dumb... If they are going to be on Blister packs they need to be side view or those angled ones

Comment

• Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                        Question for William or Julian.

Which DJR\PENSKE models will you be producing and will we see them this year?

Cheers

Aaron
                        So far we have the Shell, Pirtek, and Detroit cars planned and you should start to see them later this year.

Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
                        I am very grateful that they are making the V8 1:64's again. I just don't see me getting any if they are on a Blister Pack Card as they won't fit in the display cases I already have for V8 1:64's and I have no wall space to hang them separately. Just my personal preference.

Julian is this something similar to what Biante have planned:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Kyle-...MAAOxy5rpSRsUr
                        That's similar but should look better presented than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian Fogarty View Post
                          So far we have the Shell, Pirtek, and Detroit cars planned and you should start to see them later this year.

That's similar but should look better presented than that.
                          It doesn't matter how it is presented it is still a car on a card in a blister pack, in other words a toy. If I want toys I'll spend a couple dollars for Hot wheels, not $15.00 for something I have to remove from the packaging to display properly....This is what they will look like in a few years:

http://diecastcrazy.com/media/box-of-1-64s.70118/

Comment

• Fair enough. Like I told Warren during the week, everyone's opinions are noted. There's no need to get too frustrated about it. We're not as close minded to not contemplate change so lets just see how they go first. If they don't work then we'll adapt.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Element View Post
                              1/18 Brock VN this friday, hell yes
                              Our thoughts exactly. It has been one hell of a ride! To give you guys a very condensed rundown of how the development went with this model, have a read of the below statement that a colleague here has put together for us.

When we first announced this model in 2012 we couldnít have imagined that it would take us 4 years to deliver it to collectors. In fact if you had of told us that would be the case back then we probably would have laughed you out of the building. In all honesty, this model should have been cancelled a few times due to the amount of hurdles we encountered with it - most businesses would have, but we didnít.

Cutting a very, very long story short essentially we developed the tooling over 12 months to produce this model and then the factory that had it went bankrupt. When a factory goes bankrupt in China then basically the doors get closed by the government and everything in it gets sold, this is a big problem if youíre a little model car business in Australia. Our tooling was purchased by someone else and it essentially went missing. After 12 months worth of searching and negotiations, we were eventually able to buy the tooling back (now we have invested twice the amount of money we normally would for a die-cast model).

Once we found a new factory to produce the model we found out that there were critical parts of the tooling missing that needed to be re-made in order for production to go ahead - another setback. So we invested more time and money into getting the tooling completed again. Once this happened we were getting close to the point of production and then some events led us to making the decision that this new factory wouldnít deliver us a final quality product that we would be happy to deliver to collectors. So we had to move the tooling to a new factory - yet another setback.

After settling on a new factory we received new model samples and were happy with where we were at. We started production and just before the shipment was due to leave the factory we discovered critical decoration issues on the production samples that had arrived in Australia - this was a dagger through the heart. Most businesses at this point would have called it and sold the model anyway because of the time and costs already invested in it, but we couldnít do it to our collectors. So, we scrapped the entire production run and re-made the models - all 3204 units.

Thatís four years of work, frustration and hundreds of thousands of dollars in a nutshell and weíre finally at a point where we feel we have a model that collectors deserve.

The point to this post is every Biante collector should know that weíre always trying to do the right thing by you and that making any model car isnít a fast, easy or cheap process - particularly in the current state of the market and economy. We donít have the resources to produce every model in the world at once and thereís always setbacks that we canít predict or control but we will always try our very best for you.

We hope the 1:18 Scale Holden VN Commodore SS Group A driven by Peter Brock and Andrew Miedecke in the 1991 Tooheys 1000 is a model that youíre proud to add to your collections. It will be available to purchase online from the Biante website at 12 Midday WST today and should be arriving in stockists from next week.

Thanks to everyone who has waited for this model, or purchased any model from us recently for your continued support, we really do appreciate it.

Comment

• Bloody hell that VN looks good.Well done team biante.By the sounds of that post Julian the whole project was a big pain in the bum.

Comment

Working...
                                X