Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinkum Classic list

Hi,
    Would anyone have a list of models made by Dinkum Classics?
    Thanks

Here's my collection list...it's a start

Ford Cortina GT500 # 11D Barry Seton & Midge Bosworth 1965 Bathurst
    Austin A30 / Holden # 179 Peter Brock 1967 - 1968 Sports sedan
    LC Torana XU1 # 1 Peter Brock 1971 - 1972 Rallycross
    Valiant E38 Charger # 43D Leo Geoghegan & Peter Brown 1971 Bathurst 7th
    LC Torana XU1 # 22D Colin Bond 1971 Warwick Farm n/k
    LJ Torana XU1 # 28C Holden Dealer Team Peter Brock 1972 Bathurst 1st
    Falcon XA GT Coupe # 9 Allan Moffat & Ian Geoghegan 1973 Bathurst 1st
    Falcon XA GT Coupe # 5 John Goss & Kevin Bartlett 1974 Bathurst 1st
    LH Torana L34 # 1 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & Brian Sampson 1974 Bathurst
    LH Torana L34 # 2 Marlboro / HDT Colin Bond & Bob Skelton 1974 Bathurst 4th
    LH Torana L34 # 5 Peter Brock & Brian Sampson 1975 Bathurst 1st
    LH Torana L34 # 7 Channel 7 Bob Morris & John Fitzpatrick 1976 Bathurst 1st
    LH Torana L34 # 5 Gown Hindhaugh Peter Brock & Phillip Brock 1976 Bathurst
    Torana A9X # 05 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & Jim Richards 1978 Bathurst 1st
    Torana A9X # 05 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & Jim Richards 1979 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VC # 05 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & Jim Richards 1980 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VC # 25 Marlboro / HDT John Harvey & Ron Harrop 1980 Bathurst
    Commodore VH # 05 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & Larry Perkins 1982 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VH # 25 Marlboro / HDT John Harvey & Gary Scott 1982 Bathurst
    Commodore VH Grp C # 25 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & John Harvey & Larry Perkins 1983 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VH Grp C # 05 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & John Harvey 1983 Bathurst
    Commodore VK Grp C # 05 Marlboro / HDT Peter Brock & Larry Perkins 1984 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VK Grp C # 25 Marlboro / HDT John Harvey & David Parsons 1984 Bathurst
    Commodore VK # 2 Chickadee Allan Grice & John Bailey 1986 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VK # 5 Mobil / HDT Peter Brock & Allan Moffat & John Harvey 1986 Spa 24 Hour
    Commodore VL Grp A # 10 Mobil / HDT Peter Brock & David Parsons & Peter McLeod 1987 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VL Grp A # 05 Mobil / HDT Peter Brock & David Parsons 1987 Bathurst
    Commodore VL Grp A # 16 Holden Racing Team Win Percy & Allan Grice 1990 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VN Group A # 7 Holden Racing Team Neil Crompton & Brad Jones 1991 Bathurst
    Commodore VP # 11 Castrol Racing Larry Perkins & Gregg Hansford 1993 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VP # 15 HRT / Telecom MobileNet Tomas Mezera & Win Percy 1993 Bathurst
    Commodore VP # 16 HRT / Telecom MobileNet Wayne Gardner & Brad Jones 1993 Bathurst
    Falcon EB # 17 Shell / FAI Dick Johnson & John Bowe 1994 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VR # 11 Castrol Racing Larry Perkins & Russell Ingall 1995 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VR # 1 Mobil / HRT Craig Lowndes & Greg Murphy 1996 Bathurst 1st
    Falcon EF # 30 Ford Credit Glen Seton 1996 ATCC
    Commodore VS # 11 Castrol Larry Perkins & Russell Ingall 1997 Bathurst 1st
    Commodore VS # 05 Mobil / HRT Peter Brock & Mark Skaife 1997 Bathurst
    Falcon EL # 4 Pirtek Jason Bright & Steven Richards 1998 Bathurst 1st

Comment

Biante 27820 wrote a while ago "On another note, I was cleaning my display cabinet and noticed an oily like residue underneath where the tyres were for some models. Anybody else experience that? What exactly is it and should I be concerned?"

A lot of my Dinkums did that but it seems to have stopped now with no obvious problems.

Comment

They did a Moffat/Harvey WTCC VL too.

Comment

I can tell you that you will never get a complete list. I saw the maker's best friends collection and some of them that were made there was only around 5 of each, at the most.

Comment

Plus, in what scale. They did both 1/43 and 1/24

Comment

Originally posted by biante27820 View Post
              Hi,
              Would anyone have a list of models made by Dinkum Classics?
              Thanks
              Yes - sort of. I have a "Dinkum Classics Racing Cars Catalogue and Price List" dated July 26, 1991. It includes all current and obsolete models to that time, in 1:43 and 1:24. Eight pages.

It's a copy of something that's already been faxed & copied a few times, but I'll scan it and see how it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by rayman View Post
                I can tell you that you will never get a complete list.
                I just found my collection of Dinkum catalogue releases that range from May'97 to Feb'03, ( just before they went defunct? ) and there is a lot more than I thought, too many to sit down and list for a reply on this thread..
                These catalogues also included the "Dinkum/Paradise Garages" models of that time.
                A "new arrival" for Apr 2003 was the Brock HQ rally 1.43........don't know if that got made or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Wicks View Post
                  Yes - sort of. I have a "Dinkum Classics Racing Cars Catalogue and Price List" dated July 26, 1991. It includes all current and obsolete models to that time, in 1:43 and 1:24. Eight pages.

It's a copy of something that's already been faxed & copied a few times, but I'll scan it and see how it comes up.
                  Scanned 8-page "Total Listing" (well, at least to May 1999), plus RRP lists July 1991 (3 pages) have just been published on my model blog at this link >> http://www.wixy500.com/list-dinkum-classics-2/

Hope that's a decent start for you!

Cheers
                  MW

Comment

Mark.....that list shows models that are lot more varied and comprehensive than is available from the current manufactures. A real eye opener.
                    I have read comments on this forum bagging Dinkums for their price, quality, shape, inaccuracies etc, but I don't think a lot of collectors realise that they were doing stuff well before Biante and CCs, in Australia not China, and with limited resources and techniques. OK, they were 5-6 times more expensive than Trax at the time, but nobody forced you to buy them.
                    It is like saying that a HK Kingswood is a ****heap compared to a VF Calais, or why buy a Falcon when you can have a BMW.........personal choice on what was available at the time, true Oz classics, and I think they will remain that.

Comment

I have 4 Dinkums and they were the ducks nuts at the time. Interestingly I have a VL Walky road car which is pretty ordinary but I have the 90 BW and its really good. May have been cast at different times in the life of the mold.

Comment

I too remember when Dinkum first appeared on the scene. I was blown away, they were so much better than anything else at the time and so Australian. Now, they do seem pretty ordinary when sat next to the current crop.

Comment

Thanks Mark and moas, much appreciated.

Moas would it be possible to scan the list you have and I'll give you my email address? I'd be very grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by biante27820 View Post
                            Moas would it be possible to scan the list you have and I'll give you my email address? I'd be very grateful.
                            PM sent

Comment

Hey guys,

I dont know if any of you are still around but I too am developing a list, only I am putting it on a website. If anyone can help with missing model photos, brochures, catalogues (except the 11 pages or copies of copies which I already have) or part numbers etc that would be greatly appreciated.

https://lowy44.wixsite.com/dinkumclassics

Click image for larger version

Name:	285412_0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	651741
                              Last edited by lowy44; 18-12-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X