No announcement yet.

2017 V8 rumours & gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll See Courtney leave very soon as well >> He was only there because of Adrian Burgess. There's probably some clause in his contract he can use.

Comment

• The way Courtney was talking about the car in Perth he might well be. RW was not impressed with what he said when interviewed. Good on Courtney for speaking out. And I remember at the time thinking if I was him I would leave.

Comment

• Yeah he was at DJR when Courtney won the title I think. Probs were a big influence on each other so if one goes the other probably won't be far behind.

Comment

• He only just signed a new deal for 2017 +18,
          so unless there's an out clause, I can't see him
          going soon - unless he willing to forfeit the nice
          lifestyle / salary he's on???

Secondly, if wants to stay in Supercars, his options
          for a more competitive drive are extremely limited.

Comment

• Yeah I don't see Courtney going anywhere while the team is in it's current guise. He is not the one I am expecting to leave, my money is on Ryan selling up at some point sooner than later. Especially if HSV has no future with Holden after the Commodore ends production

Comment

• I see Supercars is up for sale i suspect the owners are pulling out before the whole thing implodes!

Comment

• Haven't been to the v8s since the cotf, but I've organised to go this sunday and im really starting to look forward to it

Comment

• Winton is a great track to watch at, i really enjoyed the atmosphere and racing there when i went a few years ago. It was very relaxed.

Comment

• I read this morning that GRM might have to push back their plan to bring KIA for another year. Said they aren't going to go down the T8 road of turbo v6's so will probs end up running the current commodores again.

Comment

• Was a good day, shame the first tcm race lasted 2 corners.
                      V8s were okay, pretty good after the pace car - almost evoked the passion i used to have for them

Comment

• Did I miss the footage of the Carouso crash ?Commentators said he had left circuit straight away. Apparently not impressed. Shae Davies had his say.......Did anyone see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post
                          I read this morning that GRM might have to push back their plan to bring KIA for another year.
                          Said they aren't going to go down the T8 road of turbo v6's so will probs end up running the current commodores again.
                          According to Triple 8 they are under no obligations to supply the new Commodore to anyone but the 2 Red Bull cars
                          for the 2018 season, so one would imagine that most of the current Holden runners will just run what they have.
                          GRM have already stated that that's what they will be doing.

The new GEN2 rules looks like being a bit of a turkey with no new cars this year and the likelihood that next year
                          will only see 2 (maybe 3???) new V6T Commodores up against the old guard of the VF Commodore, FG-X and Altima.

As for the Caruso crash, I don't think anyone really saw it - although Skaife said that they will have every angle covered
                          on Inside Supercars on Wednesday night. So we will have to wait and see if that proves correct.

Comment

• They will have footage from the cameras in the cars. By the marks on Caruso's car Davies was well past the B pillar

Comment

• Nothing got done by officials so i reckon everything was fine. Seems Caruso just had a bit of a tantrum.

Comment

• Yep. He threw all his toys out of the cot.

Comment

Working...
                                X