2017 V8 rumours & gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
    According to Triple 8 they are under no obligations to supply the new Commodore to anyone but the 2 Red Bull cars
    for the 2018 season, so one would imagine that most of the current Holden runners will just run what they have.
    GRM have already stated that that's what they will be doing.

The new GEN2 rules looks like being a bit of a turkey with no new cars this year and the likelihood that next year
    will only see 2 (maybe 3???) new V6T Commodores up against the old guard of the VF Commodore, FG-X and Altima.

As for the Caruso crash, I don't think anyone really saw it - although Skaife said that they will have every angle covered
    on Inside Supercars on Wednesday night. So we will have to wait and see if that proves correct.
    Yeah the whole set up of next year seems like it'll be a joke. Super utes were meant to be out by now but have been pushed back too. Not that i'm really bothered by that. I think they will be a joke

Comment

• Due to a variety of reasons ive been out of the loop a bit, don't understand why the v8 utes have died off. Sure, the road versions are about to become extinct but the racers seemed to always put on a good show.

Comment

• Originally posted by viking View Post
        Due to a variety of reasons ive been out of the loop a bit, don't understand why the v8 utes have died off. Sure, the road versions are about to become extinct but the racers seemed to always put on a good show.
        They used to be amazing back in the day when they had no ballast in the back. They are still great to watch I think

Comment

• I don't get it either. HQ's were run decades after they ceased production why can't Falcon and Commodore utes race for year from now? There is no shortage of parts for them and I can't see parts drying up like HQ ones have.

Comment

• Work starting this week at Newcastle's east end for November. Exciting times ahead.

Comment

• I look forward to watching the changes as we come up for our regular visits over the next few months. I will be attending the Sat and Sun of my "local' race and will be interested to see how well they can pull off this event.

Went to the community day and was amazed at the queues for the locals to buy tickets, not to mention having to queue for 90mins for my son to meet the drivers. The local support is clearly there for the sport and race.

No doubt the first year will be a success but will it be worthy of repeat visits??

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                I look forward to watching the changes as we come up for our regular visits over the next few months. I will be attending the Sat and Sun of my "local' race and will be interested to see how well they can pull off this event.

Went to the community day and was amazed at the queues for the locals to buy tickets, not to mention having to queue for 90mins for my son to meet the drivers. The local support is clearly there for the sport and race.

No doubt the first year will be a success but will it be worthy of repeat visits??
                I think you've hit the nail on the head with that last statement. Curiosity will play a big part for the first year, maybe two, but if it's not run well and there are issues it could be short lived.

Comment

• V8 Supercars will have a Championship round at the AGP next year. About time....

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                    V8 Supercars will have a Championship round at the AGP next year. About time....
                    Finally they've made a good decision. Stop teams from using it as a testing session. Will be good racing now that the drivers will be pushing that little bit harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post
                      Finally they've made a good decision. Stop teams from using it as a testing session. Will be good racing now that the drivers will be pushing that little bit harder.
                      I never got the feeling they weren't trying. In the old days, they used to turn up with old cars or backup cars. But these days they go flat out from what I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by superfly View Post
                        I never got the feeling they weren't trying. In the old days, they used to turn up with old cars or backup cars. But these days they go flat out from what I can tell.
                        Some of them still take chassis from previous years. Pretty sure bright drove an old one this year.

They still go hard, it's just they might be prepared to be a bit more attacking if there are points involved.

Comment

• I know that some teams would use components (eg brake rotors or engines or diffs etc) that were approaching the end of their 'life' cycle. They were happy to use up these used components at the AGP instead of fitting fresh like they would at a Championship round.

Comment

• Read today that if Nissan are still in supercars after 2018 they will look at running a quote "variation of the 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V6 that power the GT3 racing version of the iconic GT-R sports car."

Comment

• Funny how a guy in Townsville gets charged for using a drone and I know he was in a wrong, but all of a sudden Fox have a drone camera at ipswich. Fox much have thought ''Hey thats a good idea lets do it"
                              Last edited by fordmad17; 29-07-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Well done to Scott McLaughlin and the team at DJR / Penske. Good to see the 17 car at the front.

Comment

Working...
                                X