No announcement yet.

2017 V8 rumours & gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody oath! I hope Scotty can beat Jamies pole position record. It would be nice if JW didn't have every record.

Comment

• Well the way he is going he should break it at Sandown. 10 poles so far with 11 races to go, he is on 4 in a row. 13 straight front row starts that must be close to a record as well.

You have to remember also that Whincup got that record with 36 or 38 races in that season where there is only 26 races this year, which makes it more special.

Another bit of useless trivia. If scotty gets pole today he will equal Dick Johnson on 28 poles. A fitting place to do that at Qld raceway on the Dick Johnson straight.
      Last edited by fordmad17; 30-07-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• I hope they learned from yesterdays qualifying and don,t send him out too early on the second run.

Comment

• Most poles in a row

1 Brock 13
          2 Moffat 9
          3 Johnson 6
          4 Brock, McLaughlin 5

Scotty now equals Johnson in 8th of all time on 28 poles. Next target is Tander on 30 poles
          Last edited by fordmad17; 30-07-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Hope Biante is going to do this. In all scales to I hope. 1/64's would go off with the kids. Will Davison's ride for Eastern Creek

Comment

• Do you reckon there'd be an issue with Disney and the license? I know they've been reluctant to let any NASCAR models be made with Disney inspired liveries.

Comment

• They did Star Wars on the HRT cars. Isn't that owned by Disney?

Comment

• That's true. I've just read on other forums that they were really reluctant for NASCAR designs. Maybe Australia is a little different?

Comment

• They would probaby need to pay Disney a bucket load of dosh. The Star Wars franchise may have different rights etc to the Cars franchise so just because one was done doesn't mean the other will be. It would look good though.

Comment

• Maybe. Anyway if it was made I'd get one for sure.

Comment

• I dont think Disney owned the star wars franchise back when webb did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
                          I dont think Disney owned the star wars franchise back when webb did it.
                          I'm not sure when Webb did it, but Disney bought Star Wars franchise in 2012 and HRT ran Star Wars liveries to promote the movie in 2015. I seem to remember the car was $20 more than normal so maybe the Lightning McQueen car can be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                            Maybe. Anyway if it was made I'd get one for sure.
                            Same here. It looks amazing. Would look good in any collection

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                              Hope Biante is going to do this. In all scales to I hope. 1/64's would go off with the kids. Will Davison's ride for Eastern Creek
                              Don't get your hopes up. Disney has their own CARS related diecast merchandise. They do the sponsorships for the promotion of the movies only. They have refused to allow any of the CARS themed NASCAR diecasts from using the logo. Lionel was allowed to make Kyle Larsons Michigan winner in all scales but they were required to move the Cottonelle decals back to the rear quarter panel from over the rear tires where the Cars 3 logo should be and leave off the Cars 3 decal that should have been on the rear quarter panel....Considering this paint scheme is pretty much Lightning McQueen I don't think there is a snowballs chance in .... that it gets produced at all.
                              Last edited by blueduece58; 14-08-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• wrong thread
                                Last edited by blueduece58; 14-08-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X