2017 V8 rumours & gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post

Don't get your hopes up. Disney has their own CARS related diecast merchandise. They do the sponsorships for the promotion of the movies only. They have refused to allow any of the CARS themed NASCAR diecasts from using the logo. Lionel was allowed to make Kyle Larsons Michigan winner in all scales but they were required to move the Cottonelle decals back to the rear quarter panel from over the rear tires where the Cars 3 logo should be and leave off the Cars 3 decal that should have been on the rear quarter panel....Considering this paint scheme is pretty much Lightning McQueen I don't think there is a snowballs chance in .... that it gets produced at all.
    Minichamps were able to produce the 2004 ALMS 'Pink Sally' Porsche that promoted the original Cars movie, so there must be some hope :

Comment

• Speedcafe have images of the night test up. Looks awesome!

Comment

• I thought it looked alright as well. Can't see it happening though more than one year if it does...

Comment

• Apparently the officials at Eastern Creek don't have any bad sportsmanship flags .If VanGisbergen wasn't holding the field up and blocking, then Ned Kelly didn't hold up banks. Just allowed Whincup to run away. I thought it was supposed to be a race.
          Last edited by Waynestr; 20-08-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• The best retro livery so far..

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/12/...ndown-tribute/

I hope biante make this one as it would be the only one I would get out of all the retro cars.

Comment

• John Smailes might have let something our of the bag in his guest column in the latest Muscle Car magazine. He mentions that Frosty will be running a 1977 livery on his car again to celebrate the 40th anniversary...

Comment

• yes I read that. Figures it was for Sandown. I has been done already though.

Comment

• Is it the same livery they did at Bathurst a few years ago?

Comment

• A video just posted on speedcafe for Chaz's car still has it in the normal season livery

Comment

Working...
                    X