Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 V8 rumours & gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It will be a mix of things, each team has different arrangements. Most teams own their cars eg Tekno and Team 18 and use whichever components they choose to purchase (eg KRE engines, current T888 components or the previous model component and such). Only Bright and Blanchard s RECss are at PRA and BJR respectively. The teams that run their cars own the whole lot. Rod Nash owns the #55 REC but also half of PRA so technically he owns the stuff they run.

    Comment


    • Thanks for the replies. I've google searched but it's difficult to find the info. Which teams build their engines from scratch and others buy. I know LDM buy their engines from KRE. Do Red Bull use KRE engines too? I think Walkinshaw and PRA build their engines.

      Comment


      • In the time since my last post I've googled harder and worked out what engines each team use. I can sleep better tonight

        Comment


        • well today i saw 2 red bull, one frieghtliner, one bottle'o , one cooldrive ,and one shell v power and a ldm fitness plus sponsor cars in newcastle.

          Comment


          • Too Anyone heading to the Newcastle Supercars >> Heed the messages & utilize Public Transport - Newcastle CBD is a Mess at the moment - This year will be a Real Test to see how it goes.

            Comment


            • Track looks flipping awesome from the virtual lap videos.

              Now i I only hope they sort the logistics out or it’s going to be a flop. Now I know this is Newcastle CBD and not countryside, but an example would be NASCAR almost pulling Kentucky Speedway’s Cup date after the complete disaster the first race there was. NO interstate (four lane) highway nearby, just one two lane black top leading in and out. It’s not enough to lay out the circuit, you have to think of the rest of it.

              Comment


              • If anyone is wanting to camp or caravan my yard is open. Its big and would fit 5 or 6 vans or tents. Im at West Wallsend and is 20 mins to shuttle points. Cheers

                Comment


                • No Brighty and Todd Kelly next year ( they were not competitive anyway) and looks like Davo and Moffat wont have seats either. That is surprising, especially Davo missing out.

                  Comment


                  • Le brocq for Nissan and stanaway for pro drive? Who will take moffats seat? Golding? Why is davo going?

                    Comment


                    • Davo may be going overseas. Thats the feeling I got when I was talking to him when he was up here. Apparently Rianna is pushing him to pursue that while he still can.

                      Comment


                      • Who will get the Tekno drive then? Hazelwood?

                        Honestly not surprised Brighty and Todd are bowing out.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                          Davo may be going overseas. Thats the feeling I got when I was talking to him when he was up here. Apparently Rianna is pushing him to pursue that while he still can.

                          I thought he had been already? Obviously only Alex has done the overseas thing....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Minno View Post
                            Who will get the Tekno drive then? Hazelwood?

                            Honestly not surprised Brighty and Todd are bowing out.
                            I reckon Brights REC will end up in Matt Stones hands with Hazelwood at the wheel.

                            Comment


                            • I am coming up to the race on sunday but i have not been to newcastle for 20 years so have no idea about public transport or parking or anything like that. I am coming in from Singleton way so anyone have any idea where i should park? Park nearby and get in a train? Bus? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
                                I am coming up to the race on sunday but i have not been to newcastle for 20 years so have no idea about public transport or parking or anything like that. I am coming in from Singleton way so anyone have any idea where i should park? Park nearby and get in a train? Bus? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
                                park at cardiff train station and get the train to hamilton and theres shuttle buses from there to the track area. the further you go in the more a nightmare it will be, ive got to work in there and today was bad, really bad.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X