No announcement yet.

2017 V8 rumours & gossip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you forgot to say a GREAT result for Ford... We are back.....3 in a row now..

Comment

• That is true. Great that DJR is going well too. Been through some tough times the old legend has but great to see his team back on top. You might know, why did they lose #18 and go to #12? Is 12 a Penske thing?

Comment

• Number 18 was Charlie Schwerkolt's REC when he part owned DJR. When they split after 2010, DJR leased the license for 2 years (the maximum amount of time your can lease a REC) while they were struggling with $$$. When Charlie took back the REC he decided he wanted to keep the number too (partly I think due to the bad blood between him and DJ).

Number 12 does have history with Penske but the team was using it already before the merger, so was a nice coincidence for them.

Comment

• If I remember 12 started with Dean Fiore's team, Triple F Racing I think. They took over the REC from Team Kiwi Racing then leased to DJR then after 2 years went back to SC's then went back to DJR I think but don't quote me on all this being correct.. I'm digging it out from deep deep down in the memory banks.

Comment

• Ah ok. All makes sense now. Thanks guys. It's a shame the old 17 and 18 combo isn't still going but I suppose it also marks a new era symbolises the involvement of Team Penske

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
              I think it was because Le Brocq was at the end of the race and came out
              just in front of the safety car and Coulthard filed in about 21st after the safety car had passed.

Mostert got a $3000 fine for nearly cleaning up Bright during his burnout.
              LeBrocq came out on the last lap so no chance to do a drive thru.

Chaz got the fine for doing a "stationary burnout" which Ph Island circuit management expressively requested they don't do.
              All teams were notified but in the hysteria of victory they must have forgotten. Almost cleaning up Bright was a close call, but
              not the reason for the fine. PS: $2000 of it was suspended till the end of the year any way.

Comment

• Yeah Chaz said on RPM that he had a brain fade. He was told no stationary burnout but he couldn't help himself

It was a good burnout!

Comment

• Matty Brabham in at LDM. Will be interesting to see how he goes...

Comment

• I reckon he will do alright. Remember he has the "Brabham" blood. I think his first Stadium Truck race he came second and he had never driven one before. A few livery changes as well.

Comment

• Clean sweep for Scotty Mac!! Brilliant!

Comment

• Oh yeah! Oh yeah! I think Biante should now just prioritise their 2017 cars now for us DJRTP fans

Comment

• Whoop! Booyah! Hooray!.......that is all i have to say on the matter

Comment

• Adrian Burgess has left Walkinshaw racing.

Comment

• Escaping from a sinking ship? They haven't exactly started well without the holden backing....

Comment

• According to Supercars and Speedcafe sites his
                                contract was terminated effective immediately,
                                so that would suggest he was fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X