No announcement yet.

Most recent model purchased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i must say the SLS is a smick bit of gear...

Comment

• Originally posted by nrma dave View Post
      i must say the SLS is a smick bit of gear...
      It's better in the flesh mate, and a historic model to own, first Benz to win at Mt.Panorama . . . just an awesome car, Richie Poole has them on his website now!

Comment

• Those Minichamps SLS are made from a type of plastic not diecast aren't they? I remember some of the first releases had people complaning about them looking a little cheap. If that is the case you could not say the same about your car there. It looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
          Those Minichamps SLS are made from a type of plastic not diecast aren't they? I remember some of the first releases had people complaning about them looking a little cheap. If that is the case you could not say the same about your car there. It looks great!
          Pits definitely not Diecast Pug, and certainly not resin . . . So yep, I'd say it's Plastic.

Its is really outstanding, and looks great. I'm certainly not disappointed with the detail, considering the "brick" detail we get from CC, Minichamps have done a great job here!

Comment

"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me"

love how that pic shows the differences in sponsors over the years. 4 sponsors and a lot of the car bare vs a gazillion sponsors and barely any room for more

Comment

"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me"

Happy Birthday indeed I really like the different DJR models you have, one of each different mold. I collect on a similar mentality. If I were you I'd hang out for the '95 Bowe EF ATCC winner by Apex and maybe pick up an '04 Junior BA season car by CC for your theme.

Comment

• Thanks Numark. Yeah I am scaling back my entire collection and decided the DJR cars would be one car from each era, car model, or have race significance. I will be getting the 1992 Bathurst runner up (to have a Sierra of each major livery change), the 1995 John Bowe EF, and a 1997 Shell Helix EL.

My focus is more on the Johnson era so have kept his post retirement cars to a minimum in the larger scale. So for the post 2000 cars I have all the major livery and model changes in 1:64 only. In 1:18 I have gotten DJR's more successful cars: the 2007 Bathurst Podium car, 2010 Championship winner, and now the Chaz's 2013 race winner.

Comment

Thanks Numark. Yeah I am scaling back my entire collection and decided the DJR cars would be one car from each era, car model, or have race significance. I will be getting the 1992 Bathurst runner up (to have a Sierra of each major livery change), the 1995 John Bowe EF, and a 1997 Shell Helix EL.

My focus is more on the Johnson era so have kept his post retirement cars to a minimum in the larger scale. So for the post 2000 cars I have all the major livery and model changes in 1:64 only. In 1:18 I have gotten DJR's more successful cars: the 2007 Bathurst Podium car, 2010 Championship winner, and now the Chaz's 2013 race winner.
                  Sounds good Pug. I thought the 1/64s looked thought through.

Comment

• Wow, MB, that SLS is drop dead gorgeous!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
                      It's better in the flesh mate, and a historic model to own, first Benz to win at Mt.Panorama . . . just an awesome car, Richie Poole has them on his website now!
                      Website says "awaiting stock". I gather that, as you have yours, they are in the country. Either that or I've missed the boat.
                      http://www.apexreplicas.com.au/sport...s-amg-gt3.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
                        Hi Guys,

I got this gorgeous "Bathurst Winner" earlier this week from Richie at APEX. I'm a massive fan of the SLS, and to have a race winner in the collection is just awesome. 4 more to come (Spa 24 Winner, Nurburgring 24 Winner, Abu Dhabi 12 Winner, Dubai 24 Winner . . . all Schneiders!)

MB is this the 1:43rd model or 1:18th cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by wazza002 View Post
                          MB is this the 1:43rd model or 1:18th cheers
                          1/18 Wazza!

Comment

• Originally posted by Minno View Post
                            Wow, MB, that SLS is drop dead gorgeous!!!
                            Thanks Minno. I've finally found some time to take her out of the packagingnandntake a couple of shots in the sun. Just brilliant, I'm so happy with it.

Comment

• Comment

• That looks so smik.

Comment

Working...
                                X