Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer, hope its a one off.

Comment

• Same Ken, the last 3 Penske Falcons I have gotten were flawless. Fingers crossed I can get it sorted out this week. I have waited so long for this car to be made!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
        Same Ken, the last 3 Penske Falcons I have gotten were flawless. Fingers crossed I can get it sorted out this week. I have waited so long for this car to be made!
        That s not good Pug hope you do get a replacement, my one arrived today and its flawless very happy with it. The only thing I observed and its like Apex, Biante too use waterside decals and this one the DJRTP retro its noticable on the white but still a good model.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0005.JPG Views:	1 Size:	227.6 KB ID:	652251

Comment

• Glad you got a good one and it is not wide spread. It is a nice looking model.

Unfortunately getting a replacement car out of them is becoming rather frustrating which is unlike Biante. Had sent multiple messages on different platforms but got no response, so called today and was told a return label would be made right away however that has not happened either.

I am sure it will all work out but having it up in the air and dragging on, combined with having paid them for it 9 months ago and wanting this model for so long is getting me a little frustrated.
          Last edited by Pug205; 23-03-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• I got my on eBay and it came perfect. Very happy with it. Thats why I won't pre order.

Comment

• My preference is to buy from Biante as swapping over any faulty model is a big factor as well as the collector club pricing. Would love it to have a % deposit for pre ordering and hopefully that can happen in the future.

Biante have sent my return labelling now so should have the car swapped over next week, which makes me happy going into the weekend!

Comment

• Seems Biante's Quality Control has dropped - All the posts above about the Retro Falcon & My post about the skirts falling off on the VF Mobil Walkingshaw Commodores.

I'm still waiting for some sort of reply from the shop I deal with - ALL has gone quiet from them ??????

I'm at a point where I am thinking about stopping collecting Diecasts >> The shops just think / treat us like idiots > The shop I deal with is continually "forgetting" to pre-order things ( even though they have customer pre-orders ?? ) :: I'm just waiting to see what happens with these Mobil Walkingshaw 1:18's.

People were quick to bag Classic Carlectables when they were having their issues - Its seriously annoying to pay these prices & then to find they have issues & Biante aren't keen to replace them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Get_Over_It View Post
                  Seems Biante's Quality Control has dropped - All the posts above about the Retro Falcon & My post about the skirts falling off on the VF Mobil Walkingshaw Commodores.

I'm still waiting for some sort of reply from the shop I deal with - ALL has gone quiet from them ??????

I'm at a point where I am thinking about stopping collecting Diecasts >> The shops just think / treat us like idiots > The shop I deal with is continually "forgetting" to pre-order things ( even though they have customer pre-orders ?? ) :: I'm just waiting to see what happens with these Mobil Walkingshaw 1:18's.

People were quick to bag Classic Carlectables when they were having their issues - Its seriously annoying to pay these prices & then to find they have issues & Biante aren't keen to replace them.
                  The issues with the shop you deal with arenít Bianteís fault though. You could easily change shops.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac33 View Post

The issues with the shop you deal with arenít Bianteís fault though. You could easily change shops.
                    You are right there.............But, The Quality Control of the Biante releases aren't the shops fault !!!

People above are talking about the "quality" of the Retro Falcon, Pug205 is saying he is having trouble getting a replacement from Biante - I'm talking about the Skirts falling off the Walkingshaw Mobil Commodores ( which I was told from the shop that this isn't an isolated issue - they've had to re-glue them on previous releases ). Plus that shop is waiting for Biante to send them replacements.

Yes, I may have gone off topic a little - But all the above issues relate to Biante.

Comment

• I think out of all the 100s of models I have got I think I've only had about 5 with problems. Nothing major one with a side skirt one with a mirror 2 with rear spoilers and one with a rear wing. I just fixed them myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordmad17 View Post
                        I think out of all the 100s of models I have got I think I've only had about 5 with problems. Nothing major one with a side skirt one with a mirror 2 with rear spoilers and one with a rear wing. I just fixed them myself.
                        I Too have 100's of 1:18's & Yes ( thankfully ) most have been great >> But, where I am going is that Should WE be expected to pay almost $200 & then have to repair them ?? It sort of feels like the Quality Control has slipped since William left & Then trying to get replacements from Biante is like getting Blood from a Stone as Pug205 is trying to do direct & I am still waiting for any sort of update from the shop I deal with.

The Commodore side skirts are basically breaking the location lugs in the process & So a simple drop of glue isn't going to hold the skirts in place properly.

I'm sure IF You paid $200 for some sort of electrical product and found it not working or a button broken or something like that - Anyone would be taking it straight back for a Refund or exchange.

Its like these Diecast company's have got complacent and have a "she'll be right" attitude & probably something like "they're only V8 Supercars" !!! But they are $200 & for most of us, that's almost or more than a days wage.

Comment

• I get your point.. There seems to be a big difference between Supercars and the older cars. I'm only down to Champ winners Retro and Bathurst podium cars now and lucky for me I haven't had a problem in a long time.

Comment

• I've heard China has had considerable wages growth over the years so they are most likely having the same problem as say you local car dealership that services your car and that is if you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

Comment

• Received my Apex W427 in Panorama Silver today. Will look good next to the VL when I finally have somewhere to put them

Comment

• I'm going to be interested in any comments about CC A9X 1:18 which is out this coming week.

I did have 2 Pre-Ordered, But after seeing the video on their website - I soon cancelled them. 90% of the Diecast looks OK - But they have failed to make the flared guards look proper. In their previous newsletter they even had a picture of their diecast with a picture of the real car behind it, which made this mistake even more obvious.

I was talking to the shop I deal with yesterday & they said I am not the only one that has pointed out this fact & they have had other customers cancel their pre-orders.

Comment

Working...
                                X