No announcement yet.

Most recent model purchased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the FG-X molds to be very similar between AC and Biante. Of course they are the same car and are both very accurate so they will look the same but something about how exact some parts, materials, and build were very interesting.

Comment

• This reminds me of when forum members used to compare molds, in particular the FG Falcons between Biante and Carlectables.

Comment

• Just picked up the Mustang - looks fantastic and so happy to finally have it in the collection.

Saw the Apex 1989 Bathurst winner but unfortunately it is not the huge upgrade on the 2002 Biante version it should be. Accurate wheels of course but waterside decals and some incorrect signage (headlight decals and incorrect sizing of the race numbers) makes it an easy pass.

Comment

• My Mustang is in the mail, can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

• Mine too.. I think some people are way too fussy. I'm just happy to have the cars make and in my collection. By the way Pug whats wrong with the headlight decals, I put it next to a pic of the real car and couldn't pick any difference. And the number a different size really. The only difference I could see was the vent missing on the model in the rear door window.

Comment

• The race number boxes are the correct size but the numbers inside them are too small. Its a minor detail but one that sticks out to me too much.

I was wrong about the headlight decals, they are correct actually after checking the books.

Comment

• Just received my VC HDT Commodore. After going through several boxes I found one that is acceptable, possibly 90% of what quality should be. What I find totally unacceptable, and I am surprised no one has mentioned, is the bonnet "hinges". They are the same as what the first Biante model came out with 20 years ago, and as such, are not even hinges, just two bits of curved diecast, which might be ok on a $40 Burago model, but not a $250 Biante one.... Biante have built cars over the last few years with proper style bonnet hinges, so why this rubbish on a 2019 model. Also the grille is a solid block of black plastic with no square holes, once again older Biante models had proper intricate mesh grilles, so why this inferior detail hoisted upon collectors. Also the top of the inner door trims are about twice as thick as they should. Quality issues aside the detail of a 2019 $250 Biante model is IMO totally unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waynestr View Post
                  Just received my VC HDT Commodore. After going through several boxes I found one that is acceptable, possibly 90% of what quality should be. What I find totally unacceptable, and I am surprised no one has mentioned, is the bonnet "hinges". They are the same as what the first Biante model came out with 20 years ago, and as such, are not even hinges, just two bits of curved diecast, which might be ok on a $40 Burago model, but not a $250 Biante one.... Biante have built cars over the last few years with proper style bonnet hinges, so why this rubbish on a 2019 model. Also the grille is a solid block of black plastic with no square holes, once again older Biante models had proper intricate mesh grilles, so why this inferior detail hoisted upon collectors. Also the top of the inner door trims are about twice as thick as they should. Quality issues aside the detail of a 2019 $250 Biante model is IMO totally unacceptable.
                  Your post makes absolutely no sense.
                  You say the model is totally unacceptable. Yet you purchased one?
                  Therefore you have obviously deemed it acceptable on some level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brasha View Post

Your post makes absolutely no sense.
                    You say the model is totally unacceptable. Yet you purchased one?
                    Therefore you have obviously deemed it acceptable on some level.
                    A bit like everyone who bought cc's vc Bathurst winner.

Comment

• I bought it because I know it will go up in value. I hope that even you may be able to comprehend that. Or maybe not.

Comment

• Deleted. Duplicated post.
                        Last edited by Waynestr; 28-12-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Smart man. How many will end up in the wild. With all the drama's with it they may end up 50 - 100 out there so that will make it a highly sort after car. Thats if it doesn't get remade.

Comment

• Got two more Bathurst winners over Xmas. The Ferrari is amazing, super happy with it.
                            The Reynalds VF from authentic is pretty good. Itís on the same level as the Biante. Biggest problem I found with it was the Holden badge on the front grill just doesnít look right.

Comment

• Can't say the engine on the commodore does anything for me, from some angles it looks like a matchbox toy.

Comment

• The Ferrari looks fantastic. Very happy with mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X