No announcement yet.

Most recent model purchased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing big, but the other day I stumbled upon the 2018 Chaz mostert 64th in my local supercheap. Snapped that up without a second thought!

Comment

• I picked up the new Autoart Lamborghini Aventador S during a trip to Hong Kong last week.

I also picked up a Biante GTHO Falcon in True Blue before Christmas and am mulling over whether to keep the "Brute" street machine version...

Comment

• Keep both versions. They would look cool side by side.

Comment

• Finally picked up my Greens-tuff Mustang a couple of weeks ago. Its a little beauty and fills a gap in the collection. I wonder how long before the next version gets announced

Comment

• I am happy if they space them out. I hope we see the white #71 test car from 1984. I think i remember CC saying they would do a black JPS one (minus decals) from the NZ race as well. From memory there are 6 different variants planned (someone can correct me if i am wrong).

Comment

• Your right Ken.

Comment

• Great. Its nice to hear that once and a while

Comment

• Just adding a few pics of the '85 DJR Mustang. Good little models. Details are pretty good as is the quality. Well done Classics

Comment

• 1989 Bathurst Winner DJR Ford Sierra by Apex Replicas. I got one of these because it is my favourite race car. I was 8 when they won & it's the first Bathurst win I can remember. I've loved the car ever since.
                    Now I have the Biante version also & was expecting a lot but am a bit disappointed by the Apex one. There are many differences between them so today I have photographed them side by side for all to see. Without doubt the wheels on the Apex car are better but I'm not sure much else is. Things like the size of the #17 on the doors & bonnet, The size of it on the roof, Shell decals on the headlights & boot, Dunlop sticker on the rear wing, interior detail like piping along the console, seat & dash colour & detail. Even the stickers on the glove box are different as is the rear roll cage structure. Exhaust colour also & the fuel cell colour & detail. I'm not saying everything is wrong but it's amazing the amount of detail that's different.
                    For mine the Biante car is still the better model but the Apex is good one to pick up if you can't afford the cost of the Biante version.

Now since it's 30 years this year since the DJR Sierra dominance it's time we got the '89 John Bowe Championship runner up made. I'd love to see the yellow headlights of car #18 to complete the trio.

Comment

• Just some Shell Sierra pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                        1989 Bathurst Winner DJR Ford Sierra by Apex Replicas. I got one of these because it is my favourite race car. I was 8 when they won & it's the first Bathurst win I can remember. I've loved the car ever since.
                        Now I have the Biante version also & was expecting a lot but am a bit disappointed by the Apex one. There are many differences between them so today I have photographed them side by side for all to see. Without doubt the wheels on the Apex car are better but I'm not sure much else is. Things like the size of the #17 on the doors & bonnet, The size of it on the roof, Shell decals on the headlights & boot, Dunlop sticker on the rear wing, interior detail like piping along the console, seat & dash colour & detail. Even the stickers on the glove box are different as is the rear roll cage structure. Exhaust colour also & the fuel cell colour & detail. I'm not saying everything is wrong but it's amazing the amount of detail that's different.
                        For mine the Biante car is still the better model but the Apex is good one to pick up if you can't afford the cost of the Biante version.

Now since it's 30 years this year since the DJR Sierra dominance it's time we got the '89 John Bowe Championship runner up made. I'd love to see the yellow headlights of car #18 to complete the trio.

Me too Socony I have the Biante 1/18 89 Bathurst winner and was going to get also the Apex version until I saw photos of it so I cancelled my pre order as I already have the Biante version and didnt need both, yes the wheels are more accurate for sure but not really a big step up over the Biante one especially when the Biante one was tampo printed decals compared to waterslide decals on the Apex version. So for me Im glad I didnt waste $240 on it when I have the Biante one and dont need 2 of them.

Julian or Richard would be able to answer that on the Bowe Sierra 89 ATCC runner up, it will all depend if they can get the MOQ order numbers and interest to be able to make it go through production for just a Bowe Sierra on its own.

Comment

• I would actually prefer the early '87 cars when they were the Cosworth version. Greg Hansford's car is one I would like, just like you mention the Bowe car. Not everyone wants or needs more Johnson Sierras.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socony View Post
                            1989 Bathurst Winner DJR Ford Sierra by Apex Replicas.
                            The interior detail of the Apex car is more correct. All of the early Biante Sierras were generic in their detail and were based on the Eggenberger or Wolf European cars and didn't in any way accurately match any of the 1:1 Australian cars except for the Moffat ANZ. The DJR cars had their fuel plumbing underneath the cars so all of that extra plumbing on and around the tank was completely wrong.So if it makes you fell better about your purchase, judging by the photos that you posted Apex got it mostly right.

Cheers
                            ShawnS

Comment

• Interesting. Thanks for the information. Good to know.
                              I to would like to see the 1987 car made. Itís quite different to the others.

Comment

• My latest and recent couple of 1/18 additions for 2019, Glenn Seton 1994 ATCC Runner up #1 Peter Jackson Falcon EB ( Just waiting on a Decal set to come so I can add the Peter Jackson logos to the car), and Norm Beecheys 1965 ATCC winning Ford Mustang #4. Great models both of them, very happy with them

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	244.0 KB ID:	653788Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	205.9 KB ID:	653789
                                Last edited by biante2326; 22-02-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X