No announcement yet.

Most recent model purchased

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been told it's in yet, but I see the 64 Cortina b/W is due this month

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post
      I received my 2- 1:18 2018 Mark Winterbottom FG-X Falcons yesterday. Really nice work on these. So glad to have opening parts on them again. The only problem is that the Model code on the bottom of the box for the Frosty Farewell 1:18 is B18H18G instead of B18F18G.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	197.0 KB ID:	654176
      Great to hear your ones are really good Ed, I also recieved my Winterbottom/Canto #5 FGX which is my Birthday gift from my wife for next month and the quality and finish is very poor on my one as per the pics which has left me every disapointed as was really looking forward to these Biante Tickford FGXs. I have contacted my supplier who I get them from and am waiting for there reply to get a replacement so hopefully its a better one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0145.JPG Views:	1 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	654179Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0153.JPG Views:	1 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	654181Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0155.JPG Views:	1 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	654182Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0156.JPG Views:	1 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	654183

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0148.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	654184Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0157.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	654185Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0146.JPG Views:	1 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	654180

Last edited by biante2326; 11-09-2019, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by biante2326 View Post

Great to hear your ones are really good Ed, I also recieved my Winterbottom/Canto #5 FGX which is my Birthday gift from my wife for next month and the quality and finish is very poor on my one as per the pics which has left me every disapointed as was really looking forward to these Biante Tickford FGXs. I have contacted my supplier who I get them from and am waiting for there reply to get a replacement so hopefully its a better one.
        Ouch, that one definitely has a couple issues. Hopefully your supplier can get you a replacement. It really doesn't matter which company you buy from anymore (Biante, Authentics, Classic, Apex). It seems the quality control at the factories in China can be hit and miss....Good luck....

Comment

• I miss the days when quality control was rarely an issue and it took something like chrome paint to create one. It used to be quite rare to have this many issues on V8SC's 10-15 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderken17 View Post
            I miss the days when quality control was rarely an issue and it took something like chrome paint to create one. It used to be quite rare to have this many issues on V8SC's 10-15 years ago.
            i agree Ken. apparently other pages saying similar about his model. quality control is lacking the quality.....mmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by blueduece58 View Post

Ouch, that one definitely has a couple issues. Hopefully your supplier can get you a replacement. It really doesn't matter which company you buy from anymore (Biante, Authentics, Classic, Apex). It seems the quality control at the factories in China can be hit and miss....Good luck....
              It sure has there Ed and totally agree it doesnt matter who you buy from the quality control is very hit and miss but have heard back from my supplier who has been through all the stock they have and found me a decent one but apparently they said most are like the one I received like nrma dave said the quality is lacking. I also contacted Biante support as well by email and gave them feedback and got a good response so they aware of the problem and this was there reply "thanks for your very detailed feedback and the photos, I’ll pass it on to the production team.

It is disappointing when you wait so long for a model to be released… it really should have been rejected before leaving the factory… and Australia. The factory workforce are often transient and judging by your car they need better instruction on what is acceptable on a regular basis. It really shouldn’t matter whether it is a $50 car or a $200 one, it’s shouldn’t look like that. Yours is the first feedback I’ve seen on this group of FGXs, but presumably there may be others on social media too. Ideally there shouldn’t be any faulty cars sent down, which is something we are continually striving for.

Have you heard back from the suppler yet? Perhaps they have been in contact with somebody over in Melbourne…

Click image for larger version

Name:	HGwDMb_Q.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	654192Click image for larger version

Name:	86C2JRfg.jpeg
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	654193Click image for larger version

Name:	EVxubMpA.jpeg
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	654194Click image for larger version

Name:	dJe9vqMw.jpeg
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	654195Click image for larger version

Name:	Ivx5NyOA.jpeg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	654196Click image for larger version

Name:	xXmnx5UQ.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	654200Click image for larger version

Name:	O4AfVScA.jpeg
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	654197Click image for larger version

Name:	xWTEeMQg.jpeg
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	654198

Attached Files

Comment

• I guess I have just been lucky, especially since I am over in the USA. I would probably quit collecting 1:18's if I had to send them back all the time for quality issues like that. It probably doesn't hurt also that I only collect 1:18 scale for 1 driver. The bulk of my collection is 1:43 and 1:64.

Comment

• My Mostert car and Retro Frosty car is ok but have issues with the Frosty farewell car.

Comment

• Picked up the 1998 EL Johnson Bathurst Falcon today.. Looks good

Comment

• Ooh, that's exciting. i didn't realise that was out. I will be expecting a call from my dealer soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by azzaford17 View Post
                        Picked up the 1998 EL Johnson Bathurst Falcon today.. Looks good
                        Thats very exciting and awesome, any photos to share please and whats the quality like on it azzaford17 did you have to go through boxes to get a good one or all good from the start? Cant wait now to get mine and also the John Bowe EL CAT expo as they were both coming in the same container both ELs.

Comment

• Got my EL delivered yesterday and the bonnet will not sit flush - looks terrible. The waterside work is not great either with dirt under them and some damage on them.

Also I cannot for the life of me get it out of the foam!!!! Such a disappointment after wanting this car for years and years.

Have emailed Biante for a replacement.

The EL and EF are just cursed models to me. Got a dodgy Sandown EF years ago and now a dud EL

Comment

• Originally posted by Pug205 View Post
                            Got my EL delivered yesterday and the bonnet will not sit flush - looks terrible. The waterside work is not great either with dirt under them and some damage on them.

Also I cannot for the life of me get it out of the foam!!!! Such a disappointment after wanting this car for years and years.

Have emailed Biante for a replacement.

The EL and EF are just cursed models to me. Got a dodgy Sandown EF years ago and now a dud EL
                            This is the reason why I don,t preorder anymore.

Years ago, we never had an issue with Biante models.

How times change !

SHOW ME THE MONEY ! is what it has come down to.

Comment

• I always pre-order from my dealer. It costs a bit more with postage and I can get them cheaper online but he checks them over before they get sent out and deals with all the bad quality ones. For me its piece of mind, not stressing about what condition the car is, and it helps keep him in business.

Comment

• Which shop do you buy from Ken?

I am happy buying direct from Biante still as the member discount is worth it and in cases like this, the return process is good. Sending my EL back tomorrow with a new one being checked and sent out hopefully this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X